NEurope
bob

Marvel's Phase 4

I really enjoyed it. It's the kind of show where I don't need an ongoing story and this just felt like a weird one off ep that worked. Especially liked Jen's scene where she talked about She-Hulk.

I'm loving it. It's slower than the other MCU TV shows, but it feels more like a TV show than a chopped up film, and while it seems to be taking a while to get where it intends to go, it isn't like the others that had to rush to build up all this plot, leading to a load of hashed plot devices which made no sense.

12 hours ago, Happenstance said:

I really enjoyed it. It's the kind of show where I don't need an ongoing story and this just felt like a weird one off ep that worked. Especially liked Jen's scene where she talked about She-Hulk.

I don't mind the monster of the week/filler episodes if the seasons are long but there are only 2 episodes of this left and it feels like it's going to be another mad dash to the finish line. I'm still enjoying it's just that I've found the last two episodes poor in comparison to what was aired earlier. Plus, that tease at the end of episode 5 has still led to nothing. :( 

The show is doing great numbers though.

Great episode of She-Hulk this week.

Spoiler

Matt finally makes his appearance and it was awesome. I was happy enough with the court room scene but was then over the moon with him appearing as DD. His interactions with Jen were fantastic to watch. Lovely back and forth.

• Like 2

Yeah that episode was the best one yet. Loads of great chemistry and funny bits.

Just watched Werewolf by Night.

Loved it.

Loved the old black and white horror movie style. And one surprise appearance.

Spoiler

Man-Thing! Did not expect that.

The season finale to She-Hulk was hilarious.

Spoiler

I can't believe Marvel had the guts to tear up the playbook and essentially rip on themselves. When Jen was quizzing K.E.V.I.N. about everything and asked when are we getting the X-Men I completely lost it. 

Screenshot-2022-10-13-133740.png

Outstanding.

• Like 1

That finale was amazing, executed to perfection.

Spoiler

When they made it look like the show was backed out of to the Disney+ menu, perfect. She-Hulk busting through her icon and into Assembled.

It reminded me of when in the comics she would rip through a panel to the next or the next page.

It was fantastic.

I was getting so excited that Kevin Feige might actually appear in a show, but to make him an AI robot was just a great move.

Loved the conversation about the CGI budget 😂😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mokong said:

That finale was amazing, executed to perfection.

finale (Hide contents)

When they made it look like the show was backed out of to the Disney+ menu, perfect. She-Hulk busting through her icon and into Assembled.

It reminded me of when in the comics she would rip through a panel to the next or the next page.

It was fantastic.

I was getting so excited that Kevin Feige might actually appear in a show, but to make him an AI robot was just a great move.

Loved the conversation about the CGI budget 😂😂

Yeah, the budget banter cracked me up. :D 

While the She-Hulk ending was funny, it also felt a bit disappointing it ended that way.

• Like 1

Well at least we know what all the CGI artists have been working on.

• Haha 1

It's a shame they throw in that villain as we'll have to watch the movie now to get the full story. I haven't got the slightest interest in Ant-Man and haven't even watched the second movie. Other than the villain, I don't really find it interesting at all.

Had nobody seen Black Panther 2 yet? The first few reactions I'm seeing are positive.

I'd have seen it already if I didn't agree to go with other people.. I'm seeing it Saturday.

20 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Had nobody seen Black Panther 2 yet? The first few reactions I'm seeing are positive.

I'd have seen it already if I didn't agree to go with other people.. I'm seeing it Saturday.

Literally just out the cinema! Really enjoyed it, definitely my favourite MCU film this year. 

there is no end credit scene though, just a mid credit one so no need to sit through them all!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 6:32 PM, Sméagol said:

I watched it this morning and I really enjoyed it. It's definitely the best MCU movie/show of the year. I felt a little underwhelmed at first but I loved it overall. I'm going to watch it again sometime this week!

On 11/11/2022 at 3:09 PM, Eddage said:

there is no end credit scene though, just a mid credit one so no need to sit through them all!

Well other than paying respect to the hundreds of people that worked on it 😋

I'll keep it short:

I believe I'm in the minority, but I actually though Wakanda Forever was disappointing. It didn't really feel like a Black Panther film to me. Everything regarding the politics didn't make sense to me, I'm not sure why Aquaman thought it was a good idea to attack Wakanda, in order to stay hidden. Or something. Wasn't a fan of Irongirl's introduction. And.. I'm not sure why Wakanda thought it was a sound tactic to counterattack the water people.. By sending one boat to the middle of the ocean.

I'm still looking forward to Ant-man and now.. Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Like 1