NEurope
bob

Marvel's Phase 4

Just finished Ms Marvel. As a whole series it wasn't great. The last two episodes felt completely rushed. The pacing of some of their shows is something Disney continue to struggle with and it shows here. 

Spoiler

So this is how the X-Men and Mutants got revealed for the MCU. Not with a bang but with a whimper. Pretty disappointed by it but hopefully this means moves to make the X-Men relevant in the MCU will be happening sooner rather than later.

No idea what the Captain Marvel post credits scene was about but I assume it will get cleared up in The Marvels.

@bob I also wondered about that hole as well. :D 

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just finished Ms Marvel. As a whole series it wasn't great. The last two episodes felt completely rushed. The pacing of some of their shows is something Disney continue to struggle with and it shows here. 

Last Episode Spoilers (Hide contents)

So this is how the X-Men and Mutants got revealed for the MCU. Not with a bang but with a whimper. Pretty disappointed by it but hopefully this means moves to make the X-Men relevant in the MCU will be happening sooner rather than later.

No idea what the Captain Marvel post credits scene was about but I assume it will get cleared up in The Marvels.

@bob I also wondered about that hole as well. :D 

Spoiler

I'm interested, how else would you have wanted them to do it? Multiverse incursion? Suddenly appearing out of nowhere and revealing they've been around all along? Something else?

I think they had to low key introduce the idea, which then allows them to build up to something bigger. You couldn't have started the MCU with the first Avengers film! Doing it how they have firstly introduces the idea of mutant genes, and the fact that there needs to be some sort of 'event' to trigger them, in this case the bangle which I think is probably ancient Kree tech.

I think Ms Marvel was the perfect choice as well. Yes in the comics she was an Inhuman, but she was originally meant to be a Mutant. It was only because some of the higher ups at Marvel didn't want to produce Mutant based comics whilst Fox had the movie rights, so they pushed Inhumans instead. Wouldn't surprise me if in the 616 Universe Mutants and Inhumans are merged together.

Looks like I'm in the minority in this place, but I'll say it again. I really enjoyed Ms Marvel and am now actually really looking forward to The Marvels.

Just finished the first episode of She Hulk and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

46 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Just finished the first episode of She Hulk and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Same. It was a very good first episode that has set things up nicely. 

Did you watch the mid credits scene? :D 

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Same. It was a very good first episode that has set things up nicely. 

Did you watch the mid credits scene? :D 

Yeah it was brilliant 😆

• Haha 1

Another good episode of She-Hulk.

Spoiler

The conversation about Hawkeye and his arrows was great. :D 

Very interested in what Blonsky said about his 7 soul mates. I wonder if that hints towards something like Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers?

I was a bit bummed that the episode was so short. I could have happily watched it for longer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Another fun episode of She-Hulk this week. This is fast becoming my favourite Marvel show. 

Yeah I'm still really enjoying it. Only complaint is that the episodes feel a bit too short.

They are short. Only half an hour compared to the usual 40-45 minutes.

EDIT: Apparently this show is 9 episodes long, rather than 6, so that explains the shorter episode lengths.

Edited by bob

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Thought this week's episode of She Hulk was the first dud. Didn't click for me at all.

Yup. Same for me. :( Felt like a complete waste/filler episode.

Finally got around to watching Thor: Love & Thunder. I thought it was good but not amazing, kind of struggled in the shadow of Ragnarok and I think they went a bit too far with the jokes. Some didn't hit to the point where it felt more embarrassing than anything else. Also thought that Jane's story in this could have used an extra movie to build her up more. Felt like she got the short end of the stick.

42 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Finally got around to watching Thor: Love & Thunder. I thought it was good but not amazing, kind of struggled in the shadow of Ragnarok and I think they went a bit too far with the jokes. Some didn't hit to the point where it felt more embarrassing than anything else. Also thought that Jane's story in this could have used an extra movie to build her up more. Felt like she got the short end of the stick.

I pretty much felt the same. Also, I didn't find Christian Bale's character all that menacing, especially coming after Hera. 

The one joke I was in stitches in was...

Spoiler

We will return with children. Many children! And then we will feast! Not on the children. We do not do that any more. Those were dark times.

The way the line was delivered was fantastic. :D 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I pretty much felt the same. Also, I didn't find Christian Bale's character all that menacing, especially coming after Hera. 

The one joke I was in stitches in was...

Spoilers (Hide contents)

We will return with children. Many children! And then we will feast! Not on the children. We do not do that any more. Those were dark times.

The way the line was delivered was fantastic. :D 

Yeah I did laugh at that. 

My favourite line ended up being:

Spoiler

Jane saying her name was The Mighty Thor but if Gorr couldn't say that the Dr Jane Foster would do.

Despite really liking the line it's actually one of the areas where I think more focus on her would have helped. It felt like it was cut from a separate storyline where it was at that moment she realised that Jane herself was amazing and enough, not needing to be Thor all the time. I probably like the line so much because I wrote that part of the story in my head 😆

Edited by Happenstance
  • Haha 1

I have no interest in Marvel and I've only watched the first Deadpool, but I do love me some Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another poor episode of She-Hulk. The story has just kinda stalled these past couple of weeks. I'm not even sure what the end game is for the season. ::shrug: