NEurope
bob

Marvel's Phase 4

There's a blink and you miss it moment in that Dr Strange 2 trailer where you see:

Spoiler

Some kind of animated universe being shattered open:

c2ZYXSr.png

8 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

There's a blink and you miss it moment in that Dr Strange 2 trailer where you see:

spoiler (Hide contents)

Some kind of animated universe being shattered open:

c2ZYXSr.png

Linked to that:

Spoiler

You can also see part of Captain Carter's shield in the poster

agent-carters.jpg

• Like 1

I've only seen the Spider-man post-credit trailer and now this one, and hadn't looked into rumours until yesterday. I already liked the earlier trailer, but reading all those rumours is getting me excited. Really looking forward to May. Though I should go watch the What If series before then.

Just finished watching the first episode of Moon Knight on Disney+. I thought it was quite a good start and I'm interested to see where it goes. I don't know too much about the character as I've only ever read him when he's appeared in other characters books so it's quite nice for once going into one of these not know the whole backstop for someone.

Really loved the first episode of Moon Knight. Feels quite different to the usual Marvel fare. Hopefully they keep the quality up.

I look forward to seeing it but I think I'll wait until a few more episodes are available.

First couple of episodes of Moon Knight, really loving it! Quality production and really entertaining! (much needed for me after the utter awfulness of Star Trek Picard S2)

Oscar Isaac is great, and the whole thing is really intriguing. Hope they can stick the landing, unlike a couple other Marvel Studios shows imo...

4 hours ago, bob said:

Spoiler for what?

It compare a shot in the Thor trailer to its comic equivalent.

• Like 1

I'm finally getting around to catching up with everyone's favourite Avenger at the moment so I'm more susceptible to a new Marvel trailer than I would have been a week ago. It looks dumb. Will watch. :hehe:

I'm finally getting around to catching up with everyone's favourite Avenger at the moment

Ant Man?

Still waiting for that phase 4 part 2 box set, then i'll watch them all. |Not really one to go to the movies to watch the Marvel films anyway.

Moon Knight is still excellent if people haven't watched it yet. I'm hoping they tone back the inevitable connecting to the MCU thing that's obviously coming up though, at least for now.

• Like 1

I already have tickets booked for Thursday night and I'm really looking forward to it. So I won't watch that trailer. I hope I won't watch it at least. 

I definitely won't watch that trailer. I've got my tickets reserved for tomorrow, so I'll see it then. Think I'll go to bed now and get up when it's time to go. :indeed:

I hear there are some spoilers floating around the internet so be careful!

Edited by Sméagol

In short: not as good as the last Spider-man. But pretty entertaining. Story-wise and character development-wise it's lacking. The characters are moving around a lot, but there isn't much room for interesting dialogue. America Chavez is wasted, her introduction is lacklustre, she's more or less

a damsel in distress

for most of the film. Wanda's also wasted.. She's

Scarlet Witch from the start, so I feel I missed her development from Wanda to Scarlett, there's a gap between this and WandaVision. Even more disappointing is the easy way they get rid of Scarlet.

What I did like were some of the (trippy) visuals, and the fact Sam Raimi managed to sneak in a straight up horror vibe into a Marvel film in some of the scenes,

The infamous Illuminati scene offered some cool fanservice, but other than that, the scene was pretty memorable for other reasons besides the cameos. I'll let you find out for yourself for now.

• Like 1

I thought it was okay but nothing special. I found it to drag on in places, whereas watching the last Marvel movie (Spider-Man), the time just flew by. 

Spoiler

Loved seeing who was part of the Illuminati. Some fan favourite choices right there. 

I was actually hoping to see more cameos, but there was actually very little multiverse hopping going on throughout the film. I think there were only 3 universes used in the movie.

I thought how Wanda was defeated was a little weak and I was hoping for a decent Wanda v Wanda showdown, but sadly that didn't happen.

I've not been the biggest fan of this new phase and that continues here. Despite numerous movies and TV shows released, there doesn't seem to be something that connects them all together. The original phases seemed to have more structure and flow better but this phase still seems to be all over the place. 

• Like 1

Just finished Moon Knight. I thought it was one of the weaker MCU series and kind of declined after the first two episodes but it had some good performances and nice bit of spectacle at times.

23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I thought it was okay but nothing special. I found it to drag on in places, whereas watching the last Marvel movie (Spider-Man), the time just flew by. 

Spoilers (Hide contents)

Loved seeing who was part of the Illuminati. Some fan favourite choices right there. 

I was actually hoping to see more cameos, but there was actually very little multiverse hopping going on throughout the film. I think there were only 3 universes used in the movie.

I thought how Wanda was defeated was a little weak and I was hoping for a decent Wanda v Wanda showdown, but sadly that didn't happen.

I've not been the biggest fan of this new phase and that continues here. Despite numerous movies and TV shows released, there doesn't seem to be something that connects them all together. The original phases seemed to have more structure and flow better but this phase still seems to be all over the place. 

I fully agree - except that I enjoyed Hawkeye and Loki (haven't started Moon Knight yet). Overall, Dr. Strange 2 just didn't live up to its potential. It was alright but I found the dialogue kind of forced and the motivation of characters - especially in the beginning - to be really weird.

Spoiler

I also didn't like Christine. How did she acquire such intensive knowledge about the Multiverse? How could she kick a spirit? 

How would a universe of paint even exist? 

In the future, I don't think I'll rush to the cinema to watch these movies. The new heroes in the MCU are just not that interesting, and they haven't set up an interesting, overlapping story arc this time around, at least not yet. So I think this is kind of the decline of the MCU, unfortunately, but everyone knows that it just can't go on.

• Like 1