NEurope
bob

Marvel's Phase 4

Wow. They were definitely saving all the budget for Episode 5.

Can someone explain...

Spoiler

How Mobius managed to keep his Tempad after he got pruned? Him opening up the portal was a real wtf moment. It all seemed really convenient. As were the other Loki's choosing to stay behind because "they belong here" :indeed:

But otherwise, good episode! 

Can someone explain...
Spoiler How Mobius managed to keep his Tempad after he got pruned? Him opening up the portal was a real wtf moment. It all seemed really convenient. As were the other Loki's choosing to stay behind because "they belong here" :indeed:
But otherwise, good episode! 

I don't suppose there's anything preventing a tempad from being pruned, it's just that TVA agents don't normally get pruned, so there was no precedent.

Everyone else kept all of their belongings on them, so why wouldn't he?

Spoiler

You'd think the woman who ordered his pruning might have realised he'd be able to come back within seconds. Not sure why he waited so long in the Void, he didn't know Silvie or Loki had been pruned. Anyway it's a small nitpick.

8 minutes ago, bob said:

I don't suppose there's anything preventing a tempad from being pruned, it's just that TVA agents don't normally get pruned, so there was no precedent.

Everyone else kept all of their belongings on them, so why wouldn't he?

Spoiler

It's the one Sylvie brought with her. She gives it to Loki then when he decides to stay he gives it to Mobius.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Not a fan at all of the acting skills of Kid Loki. Hope he’s gotten better if he comes back as part of the Young Avengers. The fact that they’re being introduced in all these shows does seem to hint that we’ll see them form at some point.

Spoiler

His acting was appalling, even accounting for his age

Spoiler

Well as a big change to the MCU multiverse that was very cool, unfortunately as a season finale it was disappointing. The only thing that really saved it was the confirmation that there will be a season 2 and this story will continue.

Not technically MCU but also not not technically MCU. Gave me a good chuckle at least:

Been saying to my friends that the best way to do the first MCU Deadpool movie is to just break the fourth wall and pretend he was there the whole time. Show him getting trampled by Hulk during the Battle of New York in the first Avengers, edit him into the background during the last stand in Endgame, etc. You could also just have him react to all of the films like a marathon :laughing:

Edited by Julius

22 hours ago, Happenstance said:
  Loki Episode 6 (Reveal hidden contents)

Well as a big change to the MCU multiverse that was very cool, unfortunately as a season finale it was disappointing. The only thing that really saved it was the confirmation that there will be a season 2 and this story will continue.

Spoiler

Yeah, pretty much exactly how I feel about it too. 

As a season finale, with one pretty short and predictable fight, as well as a lot of sitting around and talking otherwise, it really wasn't that great. The episode before felt more climactic in my opinion; this felt less like an epilogue to this season, but more like a prologue to the next season and the events that will branch off from this in the rest of the MCU. 

Which is the part I really like about this episode, we're sitting down and listening to a whole lot for good reason: it's setting up the real conflict of Phase 4 (and potentially beyond?) with the limitless number of Kangs we're about to see (Jonathan Majors is about to get paid) across the multiverse. My only concern is if it gets annoying that he turns up in a lot of things before whenever the climactic bout with Kang will be staged, because I don't expect anyone to really put it together in-universe until Quantumania...which is a while off. Then again, I guess we've got something of an idea for how the Fantastic Four (and others) are going to be introduced into the MCU. 

I do appreciate them saving the announcement of the second season for the end of the episode like they did Book of Boba in Mando, it's much more exciting than just throwing them into some live streamed event or saving it for Comic Con or D23. 

Anyways, thought Loki was really solid. Gave me Doctor Who vibes at times (Lamentis in particular), thought the music was great, Tom Hiddleston is spectacular in pretty much everything I've seen him in and he does an excellent job of carrying this show alongside Sophia Di Martino, who also did a fantastic job. Not my favourite MCU show so far (it's still Falcon & The Winter Soldier for me with it's Winter Soldier vibe, action scenes and the sense of finality to the final episode), but not the weakest in my mind either (sorry WandaVision).

Edited by Julius

So far I would rank the shows:

WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki

Ive enjoyed all 3 but episodes 2 & 3 of Loki had me worried while I think Falcon was just a bit more consistent.

Going to go:

Loki
Wandavision
Captain Falcon

CF&WS had some good moments, but the baddies and plot were so lame and predictable.

I loved the feeling of mystery in Wandavision, and not knowing where it was going out what the fuck was happening.

Loki was great. Loved the settings, music, Owen Wilson, weird versions of Loki, and many of the ideas. The ending did fall a bit short, but seeing how they were using it to set up the next slew of films, I can forgive it a bit. The whole episode kind of felt like a really long after credits scene.

Really disappointed by yesterday's episode. I thought Wandavision's ending was a let down but this was even worse. There was just nothing really there, it was all set-up for the dozens of films and other shows to come.

Enjoyed the show overall but man, disappointing finale. Maybe combining last week's with this one would have helped.

Relieved to not see another stupid after credits scene.

My rankings for the MCU-related shows (based on what I've seen) would be:

Agents of SHIELD
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki
Daredevil (season 1-2)
Runaways (season 1)
Jessica Jones (season 1)
Luke Cage (season 1)
Iron Fist (season 1)
Inhumans
The Punisher (season 1)

The Disney+ ones are good, but I don't think they've come close to the heights of Agents of SHIELD yet. I still enjoyed everything up to (and including) Iron Fist, but I need to finish of the Netflix shows, Runaways and Cloak & Dagger at some point.

For some reason, the Loki series really highlighted to me how Disney/ this Marvel team could be trusted with Doctor Who. 

They certainly have the "fun and enjoyable time travel ideas, but just don't think about it too hard because none of it makes sense" aspect nailed. 

I feel they if you focus more on characters (like Loki) or just going completely over the top (like Legends of Tomorrow), then time travel with poor logic can still work well. 

First episode of What If..? was decent.

Poorly paced, but they basically had to fit a film into 22 minutes, so it is what it is. Surprised by how much I like the look of it considering it's CG animation, it did look rough once or twice, but they did a great job of marrying it with some 2D stuff to give that comic book look. Looks like a really high budget take on Tales from the Borderlands! 

Look forward to seeing where this goes, hopefully it only gets weirder from here. 

I watched the first episode yesterday. I wasn't impressed overall but will continue to watch it. 

I didn't like Carter as a character that much through the episode but that aside I felt like this wasnt much of a What if but rather just the same story with a different gender. It just didn't feel any different and thus not very interesting. I had expected more from it, or at least I had expected to see how the future of Avengers would have been changed. 

Furthermore, the end didn't make much sense. The tesseract is The Space Stone...

I hope the next few episodes are more interesting. 

• Like 1

I watched the first episode yesterday. I wasn't impressed overall but will continue to watch it. 
I didn't like Carter as a character that much through the episode but that aside I felt like this wasnt much of a What if but rather just the same story with a different gender. It just didn't feel any different and thus not very interesting. I had expected more from it, or at least I had expected to see how the future of Avengers would have been changed. 
Furthermore, the end didn't make much sense. The tesseract is The Space Stone...
I hope the next few episodes are more interesting. 

I agree.

The first half felt pointless, because it was just the plot of Captain America, (but a woman!), and then they randomly brought in Steve as Iron Man? Who was clearly more powerful than Carter and kind of overshadowed everything she did. So it kind of felt like 'women can be superheroes too!'......'but they still need to be bailed out by a man eventually!'.

Spider-man: No Way Home

(Don't know if this is still phase 4...)

Spoiler

Looks really good. Like.. wow. 

Green Goblin! Dr. Octopus! Looking forward to seeing if the rumours about Garfield and McQuire are correct as well.

I'm so fucking excited about this film. It's got my nostalgia gland pumping furiously, and I don't know that I can contain it.

Still not a fan of MCU Spidey though. So far both of his solo films have fallen a bit flat for me. I like Tom Holland, but I wish they would let him have a whole film without a minder like a child.