NEurope
bob

Marvel's Phase 4

I hadn’t realised that MODOK launched on Disney+ today. Gonna have to watch it later!

Now I've seen the teaser, I can see some potential, but I'm not sold yet. But I'm digging the mystical vibe and Indian setting.

Yeah, I agree. The teaser had something mysterious about it that triggered me but I know nothing about The Eternals at all, and i don't really care for a new bunch of heroes. I'll need to see more from trailers before deciding.

Calm down Marvel. That's too much new stuff now, I can't keep up.

Slow start to Loki but I enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

• Like 1

I watched the first episode of Loki last night and really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

Like most, I’m a big fan of the character and I think some of his best moments are when you get to see actual emotion from him and the real Loki comes through. This certainly happened during the first episode when he was looking at his future and finally had to face himself. Brilliant scene.

I love the way the multiverse and timelines is playing a big role in this. I assume this is all going to set up the next Dr. Strange film?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I watched the first episode of Loki last night and really enjoyed it.

Spoilers (Hide contents)

Like most, I’m a big fan of the character and I think some of his best moments are when you get to see actual emotion from him and the real Loki comes through. This certainly happened during the first episode when he was looking at his future and finally had to face himself. Brilliant scene.

I love the way the multiverse and timelines is playing a big role in this. I assume this is all going to set up the next Dr. Strange film?

Spoiler

Yeah they pretty much name dropped Multiverse of Madness in the episode. It’ll also set up stuff for the next Spider-man movie. Also ties into WandaVision with the Nexus event/being.

One of the greatest back-and-forths delivered in the MCU so far :D

Spoiler

"What's your name?"

"Casey"

"Give me the Tesseract or I'll gut you like a fish, Casey!"

"What's a fish?"

Didn't think I was in the mood for this show so didn't watch it the other day, but glad I checked it out today. Looking forward to more :smile:

• Haha 1

The only reason that I have a slight interest in this is because it's Marvel, and they rarely fail completely. But even then I probably won't bother watching it.

I still really like the look of it. Different to other movies in the MCU but still very much based in the universe.

Surprised not to see too much chat about Loki here.

Can anyone explain...

Spoiler

Silvie sent lots of bombs to various points in the timeline creating branching paths and throwing the TVA into chaos... what actually happened there? We never see anything come of it, or did I miss something.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Surprised not to see too much chat about Loki here.

Can anyone explain...

Hide contents

Silvie sent lots of bombs to various points in the timeline creating branching paths and throwing the TVA into chaos... what actually happened there? We never see anything come of it, or did I miss something.

Spoiler

I think it was just meant as a distraction so that she could sneak into the TVA, rather than something that would destroy the sacred timeline. So I think it was always something the TVA could handle but as there were so many branches created everyone was focused on fixing it and they had to dispatch most agents to clean it up. This allowed Sylvie to sneak in with minimal resistance.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Hide contents

I think it was just meant as a distraction so that she could sneak into the TVA, rather than something that would destroy the sacred timeline. So I think it was always something the TVA could handle but as there were so many branches created everyone was focused on fixing it and they had to dispatch most agents to clean it up. This allowed Sylvie to sneak in with minimal resistance.

Ah ok that makes sense thanks. The episode just gave the impression that it was a bigger disaster 

Edited by Ronnie

I am enjoying it, but can't help but feel the whole thing is held back by a TV budget. The production values, especially in episode 3, totally took me out of the whole thing. Also I don't know who the blonde lass is but she is not good. 

33 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

I am enjoying it, but can't help but feel the whole thing is held back by a TV budget. The production values, especially in episode 3, totally took me out of the whole thing. Also I don't know who the blonde lass is but she is not good. 

I quite like the look and feel of the production but I know what you mean about episode 3, the CG can look really rough sometimes. The whole thing gave me major Doctor Who vibes.

I assume they're using the Volume to film scenes in (the tech they constructed for The Mandalorian) if so they don't seem as good at using it because that opening shot in the Gobi desert looked laughably bad.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I assume they're using the Volume to film scenes in (the tech they constructed for The Mandalorian) if so they don't seem as good at using it because that opening shot in the Gobi desert looked laughably bad.

I’d be gobsmacked if that was the case - one of my favourite things about the mandalorian was it’s production design.

Episode 4 was great. I'm really enjoying Loki, more so than Wanda or Captain Falcon.

I wonder if they're going to end season 1 with a wrap-up, or leave the whole thing open for the Multiverse films.

Episode 4 was the first one since Episode 1 that I'd really enjoyed, 2 & 3 I'd found a pretty big letdown. Hopefully it sticks with that quality for the rest of the show.