NEurope
bob

Marvel's Phase 4

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is premiering on March 19th. New trailer:

Great to see the Disney+ content train finally start to roll a bit now; that's certainly one hell of a way to follow up on the success WandaVision is having, and if I'm not wrong, this will be coming just 2 weeks after that show airs it's finale. 

I watched the first two episodes of WandaVision back when they were released but haven't had much of a chance to get back to it since, meaning I'm a bit behind, so I'm stuck deciding between catching up now, or just watching it all in one go the weekend after it finishes. We'll see ::shrug:

I really liked what they were going for anyways, so I look forward to getting back to it. With a lot of content starting to come out a bit more consistently now, I don't think I'll be cancelling my Disney+ subscription for a good while yet. 

• Like 1

Spent Saturday afternoon catching up on WandaVision, and ended up really liking it. Really picked up with Episode 4, and took off from there. 

Excited to see how it all wraps up over the next few weeks :peace:

8 hours ago, Julius said:

Spent Saturday afternoon catching up on WandaVision, and ended up really liking it. Really picked up with Episode 4, and took off from there. 

Excited to see how it all wraps up over the next few weeks :peace:

Agree, thought they were playing a dangerous game with those first 2 episodes - I know my wife was turned off and I would imagine a lot of other people did too. 

Just watched the latest episode, enjoying it!

I assume it's a running joke in the MCU that whenever there's some government agency with a cool sounding letter abbreviation, they'll end up as the bad guys. Seems to happen A LOT :laughing: 

14 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Agree, thought they were playing a dangerous game with those first 2 episodes - I know my wife was turned off and I would imagine a lot of other people did too. 

Yeah, completely. Definitely didn't do a good enough job of really getting people hooked in those first two, but, I suppose the security of knowing that this story still be told from start to finish regardless, and that the majority of existing MCU fans who have Disney+ will see it through to the end, doesn't make that a priority for them. 

Definitely a risk but it's good to see them try something different. For me the first two episodes are what hooked me, if it had just been the usual MCU type thing from the beginning I'd have not bothered. I realise I'm in the minority there though!

Don’t get me wrong, I love the concept, and I really enjoyed the Malcolm in the middle episode (especially the opening credits sequence) - I guess they’ll do a Modern Family style thing next. But the show needs that second storyline, because the sitcom writing isn't quite strong enough to hold up 30 minutes on its own. 

Looks like WandaVision has started including mid credits scenes so make sure you stick around through the first lot. I usually don't bother but just happened to get lucky this week and decided to leave it running.

• Like 1

That was an amazing cameo!

Spoiler

GameCube controllers (also Wii ones, but they aren't as cool).

Didn't much enjoy the last episode of Wandavision, it wasn't bad, just pretty forgettable and the show seems to be petering out a bit now. I wish they hadn't pulled back the curtain quite so quickly.

Watched WandaVision over the last week and its...fine? I gave up on the Marvel films a long time ago (and this reminded me why) so obviously I didn't expect to love it, was just curious what they were doing with the TV homage stuff. As such I think the first few episodes might have been my favourite because they were so different. Once it got to the real world I lost interest a bit, which is a shame as Randall Park is great.

I'll watch the finale next week but after that I think I won't bother as it's not for me.

So clear up episode 8 for me:

Spoiler

Did Agatha poo-poo the Fox universe link by saying she created that version of Pietro? If so that’s a shitty tease from the writers.

Also did anyone else find the use of a DVD player in Wanda childhood apartment totally jarring? Should of been VHS right?

17 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Episode 8 (Hide contents)

Did Agatha poo-poo the Fox universe link by saying she created that version of Pietro? If so that’s a shitty tease from the writers.

Also did anyone else find the use of a DVD player in Wanda childhood apartment totally jarring? Should of been VHS right?

Spoiler

Did feel a bit but she was born in 1989 and DVD players were launched in America in 1997. I don't think we got an exact year of that scene did we but I would guess she was supposed to be around 10? It's unlikely a working class family in whatever fictional Eastern European country they're in would have one at that point though.

Although the DVDs themselves wouldn't have been released. Just checked and the Dick Van Dyke Show complete collection came out in 2005 and I very much doubt she was supposed to be 15/16 in that flashback.

• Thanks 2

To be fair this isn’t our universe so they can have them come out whenever they want. It’s a much more technologically advanced universe than ours. Plus Sokovia is fictional so for all you know the governments one good move was to provide every family with a DVD player free of charge.

2 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Episode 8 (Reveal hidden contents)

Spoiler

It's what I've been hoping for ever since discount Quicksilver turned up, so I hope so.

5 hours ago, Cube said:
  Episode 8 (Hide contents)

It's what I've been hoping for ever since discount Quicksilver turned up, so I hope so.

Really? Not a fan of the merge? Or just how they've done it?

3 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Really? Not a fan of the merge? Or just how they've done it?

I just feel like it's a complete mess and would prefer fresh takes on certain characters. 

• Thanks 1

Seeing as WandaVision is coming to a close, I figured I would start watching them now and get ready for the season finale. The first 2 and half episodes have been absolute garbage. The end of the 3rd picked things up and I'm hoping it's the start of the series actually telling a decent narrative because so far it's been tripe.

• Like 1

The first few episodes were a fun pastiche of early television. I may however be the only person that went in wanting that from this show.

• Like 1