NEurope
bob

Marvel's Phase 4

Well, what do the MCU fans of N-Europe think about phase 4?

I personally can't get enough of these movies! Spider-Man Far From Home (and especially its ending) really hyped me again for more. I'm mostly looking forward to Doctor Strange and the Universe of Madness. The title already sounds interestingly strange and I like the character in general. Thor Love & Thunder will likely be great as well, same goes for Black Widow, even though the choice of timing for this movie is very oddly chosen. And then there'll be Shang-Chi and the Eternals as new IPs. Even though I don't know anything about them, I'm looking forward to these movies going more into Marvel's cosmic backstory (Eternals) and into the beginning of the MCU (Shang-Chi connecting back to the Iron Man movies).

What I dislike however are the several Disney+ projects. While they sound interesting in general, the idea that they'll be connected to the movies is not something for me. As I said, I love the MCU, but I don't have the time to watch 8 and more series of who knows how many episodes, which are also exclusive to a streaming platform that I'm not slightly interested in. I just hope the connections to the movies will be on a minimal level.

Hm, looks decent!! Though I wonder if it will be that interesting since you know that she's in the Avengers-movies.

Super Bowl TV Spots for Black Widow:

...and their upcoming slate of Disney+ projects:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Huh.

Quite a ways out. Surely one of the other Marvel series will launch before then? Maybe in the summer?

EDIT: well, I guess summer it is then!

Edited by Julius

It's insane that he was diagnosed 4 years ago and didn't tell anyone. Poor guy.

Very sad. Crazy he was going through all the treatments while working and not making it public. Really far too young.

I can't think of anything more cruel than somebody taken way before their time, when they still have so much to give.

He continued to make something like 10 films after his diagnosis, which is just insane. R.I.P.

Definitely looks different. I would imagine we'll defo be watching this, as we've seen almost everything Marvel so far.

Is this going to actually fit in with the films, or is it separate, like AoS?

7 minutes ago, bob said:

Definitely looks different. I would imagine we'll defo be watching this, as we've seen almost everything Marvel so far.

Is this going to actually fit in with the films, or is it separate, like AoS?

I think all the Disney+ ones link to the movies. This one in particular leads into Doctor Strange 2.

Black widow has been pushed to 2021:

and Shang-Chi has been pushed back a couple of months to July 

I honestly thought Black widow would go straight to streaming the same way that Mulan did

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

Eternals has also been delayed, from next February to next November. 

Not too shocked at this point, really. Black Widow confirmed to have a new release date of 7th May 2021. 

1 hour ago, Helmsly said:

I honestly thought Black widow would go straight to streaming the same way that Mulan did

This being film of Phase 4 and, if the film does manage to release in May, releasing two years on from Endgame, and just shy of two years on from Far From Home, this is much more important for them than if it came out earlier this year now as was originally planned. They're banking on COVID being under control enough for them to draw a crowd, but also hoping for it to be the first big blockbuster to come out of the gates when people can get back, and reignite that MCU spark for fans. 

I also imagine that they saw the figures for Mulan and realised they're better off waiting to return to theatres, and I certainly don't think the controversy surrounding Mulan - and the increasing indifference movie fans seem to have towards their live-action remakes of classic animated films - helped it's chances of seeing a delay for theatrical release. It ended up being a very expensive experiment for them, and I'm sure it have them some interesting results, but I wouldn't expect the MCU to come back this way, or the other bigger franchises under the Mouse's flag. The only way I think we would've seen it is if Mulan was a success by their standards, and I think these delays might answer that question. 

Personally been a bit burnt out on the MCU since Endgame, it was such a fitting and awesome conclusion, and I do think they came out too early with Far From Home. I wanted a long break after Endgame, and now that due to unfortunate circumstances we've ended up with one, I can feel my hunger for the MCU slowly but surely coming back. And Spider-Man: Miles Morales has certainly been a big part of that!

Might be time for an MCU rewatch soon...

Edited by Julius

A new Marvel TV show had been announced, it's about MODOK

Spoiler

Haha, that looks really silly... like a kids' show, even.

Edited by MindFreak

58 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Haha, that looks really silly... like a kids' show, even.

With it being on Hulu (so not suitable for Disney+), I think it might be something closer to Robot Chicken.