NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Indie World Presentation on 19/08/19

Cool, though I'm more looking forward to NOA's Indie showcase probably in a couple weeks.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Cool, though I'm more looking forward to NOA's Indie showcase probably in a couple weeks.

NOA have their own Indie World video on at the same time as the NOE one...

Interesting, first time they've used the same Indie World brand as NOE. Did seem strange they called it different things and had it on at different times before now.

content-4-35927-indieworldpresentationbanner.jpg

Up on the front page.

We'll have our usual roundup article up soon after the video has broadcast. :D

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Interesting, first time they've used the same Indie World brand as NOE. Did seem strange they called it different things and had it on at different times before now.

Actually, it's the first time that either NOA or NOE have used the Indie World brand.  It was previously Japan exclusive until now.

This is the first time that NOE and NOA have done a unified Indie focused broadcast; before they did their own seperate broadcasts focused on indie developers within their respective regions.  So I suspect that the video content will be the same in both versions; as this seems to be a combined effort this time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Actually, it's the first time that either NOA or NOE have used the Indie World brand.  It was previously Japan exclusive until now.

This is the first time that NOE and NOA have done a unified Indie focused broadcast; before they did their own seperate broadcasts focused on indie developers within their respective regions.  So I suspect that the video content will be the same in both versions; as this seems to be a combined effort this time.

I'm thinking Indie Highlights is NOE, Indie World is Japan and the Indie Showcase is NOA. It always struck me as weird that NOA and NOE had completely different broadcasts, so close together. Glad to get a unified one now.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I hate leaks. What’s the point?

Clicks.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Clicks.

Yeah I get that, it just seems so lame to me.

These are hard working devs putting their all into making a game and waiting for the right time to have their big reveal, and some well connected guy or girl on twitter just ruins it for them, all for 5 minutes of fame. It takes away from the delight gamers would have watching it live, and it takes away from the devs/publishers wanting to reveal the game on their own terms.

Edited by Ronnie

While it's certainly no sweeping solution, the effects of leaks can be lessened here by people showing some restraint and at least using spoiler tags.

N-E is a small enough community that this is perfectly feasible.

Discussion about secrets like that is fine, but a little consideration goes a long way.

• Like 4

Agreed, there was no reason for @Dcubed not to use spoiler tags, even if it is only an Indies showcase. I would have much preferred to have found out on Monday rather than from just browsing through this thread. 

• Like 1

Another vote for spoiler tagging leaks and rumours. We did that during E3 I think

So what's everyone looking forward to? 

My hype levels are high for Hollow Knight: Silksong - my most anticipated GOTY.
Looking forward to hopefully seeing more of Untitled Goose Game and Streets of Rage 4.

Silksong is my most anticipated game too, if we get a release date today :heart: that said, let them take all the time they need, a month a year, two, whatever.

Otherwise, I'd like to see Spelunky (and the sequel) coming to Switch, it's about time really.

Steamworld Dig 3 would be great but Quest just came out so probably a long while off.

Shovel Knight King of Cards surely has to be ready by now?

Also it'd be nice to see another Nintendo IP given to a big name dev.

My most anticipated games are Streets of Rage 4 and Shantae and the Seven Sirens.  Hope there'll be a video of that one.

1 hour ago, Nicktendo said:

So what's everyone looking forward to? 

My hype levels are high for Hollow Knight: Silksong - my most anticipated GOTY.
Looking forward to hopefully seeing more of Untitled Goose Game and Streets of Rage 4.

I'm interested in seeing more of Streets of Rage 4 (even though Streets of Rage 3 tried it's best to destroy my great feelings for the franchise) and maybe seeing if we get a release date for 198X

I'm hoping for info on One-finger Death punch 2, Shantae, Shovel Knight's last expansion, some surprises would be nice too.

More news on Shantae and Silksong would be great, although I can live with a later release date as I've played both previous games not too long ago.

Shovel Knight King of Cards is long overdue though, and needs to arrive ASAP! 

I think the split previously was because the EU one was at the same time as Gamescom and focused on EU devs, while the US one was focused on PAX/US devs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm. Yeah, that wasn't too exciting but a few games stood out to me:

Ori naturally, but I'm also concerned that it doesn't really hold up anymore. To me, it seems like the Metroidvania genre has shifted a bit after the release of games like Hollow Knight.

The Touryst had an interesting premise and graphic style.

Eastward seemed interesting as well.

Then there were some already known games in the reel in the end that were interesting:

Yeah I feel the same. Ori is a great game, I played it again recently but yes, playing Hollow Knight since has taken the shine off somewhat. I’m sure Will of the Wisps will be great though. 

The Touryst looked interesting, but there wasn’t much else that excited me here.

Not a lot stood out for me, Ori looks like the highlight for me having never played it.

The developers of Blasphemous have said that the date in the Indie World stream was a typo and that the game will actually be out on Sept. 10th instead.

Not a bad showing. A good variety of games coming on top of the other indie games already announced. The Superhot and Hotline Miami Collection announcements for release today are great for those who haven't played them and seeing Ori and the Blind Forest getting announced was a nice touch, even though it's been heavily rumoured for months now. Playing through it recently myself, I definitely don't think it's waned in the slightest seeing as it's a different style of metroidvania compared to Hollow Knight. Definitely something people should check out as it's a beautiful game with a good level of challenge 

As for the rest, nice to Eastward coming. Been keeping an eye on it for a while and Röki looked great though I can't remember where I've seen the game before but happy to see if coming to consoles. The Touryst looks interesting and definitely a departure for Shin'en so curious to see how that turns out. Still no official date for Cat Quest 2 is disappointing especially as it's got a release date for PC (Sept. 24th for those interested) but hopefully it'll follow shortly afterwards.

So yeah, a good mixture of things, nothing mind blowing but still plenty of solid indie games to look forward to which is good because I'll be jumping back into the Switch ecosystem with the Lite when it releases in September so looking forward to playing more indies (particularly a lot of Devolver Digital's output which has stayed on the Switch and not jumped to other platforms) and of course Links Awakening and Ni No Kuni.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this