NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2019-20

When you come to the question of what to do with the end of the season, I think you have to look at what the Premier League is, what is its essence and key characteristics. And the only standout answer is the frequent and increasingly hilarious misery of the scousers. Therefor the only logical answer is void the league, and add to the slippy tapestry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just watching Liverpool v Newcastle (1996) on Sky Sports at the moment. If I remember right I was camping in a friend's back garden when this first aired and I was trying to watch it on my GameGear TV.

• Haha 1

I see Newcastle should finally be free of Mike Ashley soon.

Edited by Happenstance

11 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I see Newcastle should finally be free of Mike Ashley soon.

Is it being sold to the Saudi's? For years i've had to listen to Newcastle fans up here go on about how City's Saudi money has ruined the game. It will be interesting to see how they change their opinion if the club gets the same kind of money thrown at it as City did. :laughing:

Is it being sold to the Saudi's? For years i've had to listen to Newcastle fans up here go on about how City's Saudi money has ruined the game. It will be interesting to see how they change their opinion if the club gets the same kind of money thrown at it as City did. :laughing:
"Ah but we're different because we are a club with loads of history already! This is just returning us to our rightful place!"
  • Haha 3

Anybody caught the Bundesliga this weekend?
Lots of comments that the atmosphere is flat, which is to be expected. The quality of the football is still pretty good though, considering the amount of time that these players haven't been playing. Quite enjoyed it, tbh.

21 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Anybody caught the Bundesliga this weekend?

Of course :D

Have been waiting for Bundesliga to continue for a while now. Very happy that it's back :)

• Like 2

On 17/05/2020 at 7:03 PM, drahkon said:

Of course :D

Have been waiting for Bundesliga to continue for a while now. Very happy that it's back :)

I hope that you're watching Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich right now. You probably are. :D 

Dortmund look great. I love their passing game and Haaland looks lethal. I have a feeling this will end in a draw, though. Most likely a goal each. 1-1, I reckon.

14 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I hope that you're watching Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich right now. You probably are. :D 

Of course :D Proper nervous about this one.

What a goal by Kimmich. :peace:

Dortmund's always able to come back, though. Gonna be an interesting second half.

23 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Of course :D Proper nervous about this one.

What a goal by Kimmich. :peace:

Dortmund's always able to come back, though. Gonna be an interesting second half.

Beautiful goal. Quite brave to try a lob in that situation but it came off really well! Definitely think the keeper shouldn't be beaten from that position with a lob, so it's a bit weak from their point of view.

I may well be wrong with my prediction. A goal like that before half-time is a blow for Dortmund.

Lol, that was definitely a penalty on Lewandowski. A real push and no attempt to play the ball. I don't see how that can be anything but a penalty?

31 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Definitely think the keeper shouldn't be beaten from that position with a lob, so it's a bit weak from their point of view.

Yep, 50% Kimmich, 50% Bürki, I'd say :D

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Lol, that was definitely a penalty on Lewandowski. A real push and no attempt to play the ball. I don't see how that can be anything but a penalty?

Agree, but it didn't matter in the end.

Very happy with the win. Well deserved :peace:

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Yep, 50% Kimmich, 50% Bürki, I'd say :D

Agree, but it didn't matter in the end.

Very happy with the win. Well deserved :peace:

Can't say Bayern didn't deserve to win that. Controlled the game very well and kept the Dortmund chances down to a minimum. Dortmund looked great in the first half but I think the goal deflated them too much. Right before half term, too. Good game. This Bundesliga isn't too bad at all. :D 

On 28/05/2020 at 3:46 PM, Happenstance said:

Sounds like the Premier League will be restarting 17th June with 2 matches

I hope that we can finish the season and that it can be done safely. That's about 3 weeks away, so there's enough time I think to do this and get it done right. The German Bundesliga has given the world a good model of how this can be achieved, or at least it's a great starting point for us.

The EFL have finally agreed to end the season early for League's One and Two. League Two voted ages ago amongst themselves to end the season and adopt a points per game system to decide the final standings but it wasn't official until the EFL wide vote today. Restarting without crowds was never a realistic option for the lower leagues so I don't know why it took them so long to see sense.

My Dad is a lifelong Coventry City supporter so was extra disappointed by the season being put on hold because they were flying at the top of League one and looked like dead certs for promotion. I'm so happy they will still be crowned Champions and get to play in the second tier again, it would have been so unfair on them if the season had been cancelled. 

Watched the Borussia Dortmund game against Fortuna Düsseldorf this afternoon. Not really much in the game, but did think that Dortmund were quite poor. Couldn't really get going, passing wasn't as nice as it usually is and they couldn't really create chances. Typical that they managed to get a 94th minute winner though. Feel quite sorry for Fortuna, they were more than good for that point. Would be gutted if I were in their position.

Nyland is a genius, got away with scoring an own goal by hugging the post and fooling the technology

Even as a Villa fan I'm appalled that Sheff It's weren't given the lead then.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Nyland is a genius, got away with scoring an own goal by hugging the post and fooling the technology

Even as a Villa fan I'm appalled that Sheff It's weren't given the lead then.

Is that why it didn't work.- because he hugged the post? How's that work technology wise?

2 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Is that why it didn't work.- because he hugged the post? How's that work technology wise?

It tricks the sensors into believing they are in love which then means they cannot pay attention to their jobs because they are constantly humming love songs to themselves.

• Haha 2

Apparently Nyland and the post aren't in love, they're just friends. 

Sky reported that the goal decision system just wasn't working correctly in the first half, VAR should have intervened and given the goal but for some reason they didn't. Very odd.

• Thanks 1

Question now becomes surely how many other times the goal line tech hadn't worked and we just haven't noticed.

Lovely to see that David Luiz is taking the social distancing seriously. He's distanced himself well and truly from his defensive responsibilities. 

Shocking player.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 17/06/2020 at 6:47 PM, LazyBoy said:

Anyone watching the Villa-SU game?

I'm still absolutely fuming.

Their keeper was hugging the god damn ball against the post. Cheating t***

Apparently 7 Hawkeye cameras couldn't pick the goal up but I saw it clearly on my TV. Yeah, okay then.

What a joke.

• Like 1