NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2019-20

22 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Man City having a surprisingly bad start. If they try and bring in players to strengthen their defence in January, will they be eligible to play in the Champions League?

It's looking good for Liverpool so far, I just hope Van Dijk can keep 100% fit for the whole season. 

I think they changed the rules recently so that new signings can play in European competition for their new club even if they have already played in the group stages. 

It's been a very odd start to the season on the whole, I'm quite happy with Villa's performances so far - can't really ask for more than 1 point a game - but many of the other teams down the bottom have garnered a lot more points than I'd have thought. Before the season started I'd have said that Steve Bruce was nailed on to get sacked first but now he looks positively secure in his job and the likes of Marco Silva, Ole and Pochettino seem the most likely candidates to lose their jobs now. 

COME ON :bouncy:

15 minutes to hold on.. #GAWA

EDIT Damn..

Edited by nekunando
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Southampton just got thrashed 0-9 by Leicester. New record for largest away win. I wonder if the manager will get fired tomorrow.

Leicester were impressive but the record won't stand for long, Villa are playing Man City at the Etihad tomorrow afternoon - definite 10-0 away win at least.

Just caught the highlights for the Southampton game against Leicester. Losing a player that early on is tough, but Leicester were all over the Saints and Southampton were so, so poor defensively. It really was like watching two sides play in different leagues, or even a friendly between an A and a B team. Borderline training game. 9-0 against anyone in the Premier League, especially away...hell of a result.

Leicester look to have all of the right parts to do well this season. For them, it'll be down to how hard they can keep playing for the entirety of the season and how lucky/unlucky they get with injuries. Top 6 finish is a big possibility, perhaps even higher.

Just caught the highlights for the Southampton game against Leicester. Losing a player that early on is tough, but Leicester were all over the Saints and Southampton were so, so poor defensively. It really was like watching two sides play in different leagues, or even a friendly between an A and a B team. Borderline training game. 9-0 against anyone in the Premier League, especially away...hell of a result.
Leicester look to have all of the right parts to do well this season. For them, it'll be down to how hard they can keep playing for the entirety of the season and how lucky/unlucky they get with injuries. Top 6 finish is a big possibility, perhaps even higher.
That's all very well, but did I just see you and@Eenuh in London walking near White City tube station?
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bob said:

That's all very well, but did I just see you and@Eenuh in London walking near White City tube station?

Unfortunately, that's not us! We are both on the sofa in wet and windy Bournemouth. Haven't moved off the sofa after watching the Rugby earlier today!

• Like 1

Loving the work Lampard is doing at Chelsea and the faith he’s putting in our youngsters, who of course are showing why that faith is warranted!

With Kante, Loftus-Cheek & Rüdiger to return too... and once Reece James establishes himself we’ll only get better!

Exciting times!

There were a lot of people saying the ref ruined the game, but to me both second yellows looked justified. It was just unlucky they both came in the same move.

I didn't watch the whole game though, so didn't see any of the other decisions.

• Like 1

Right, not that I wanted City to win - quite frankly I was hoping for an outbreak of smallpox to hit both teams - but how was that last handball call not given? I thought any ball to hand in the area was now a penalty, and there was no doubt on that last TAA shout. Am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Right, not that I wanted City to win - quite frankly I was hoping for an outbreak of smallpox to hit both teams - but how was that last handball call not given? I thought any ball to hand in the area was now a penalty, and there was no doubt on that last TAA shout. Am I missing something?

https://www.tnp.sg/sports/football/epls-var-be-more-lenient-hand-balls-refs-chief-mike-riley

The top four already looks pretty hard to crack into, 8pts from City to Sheffield United and Arsenal, 9pts to Man United & Wolves and 11pts back to Spurs. Going to take a huge change of fortune for Arsenal, Tottenham or Man United to break back into the Champions League spots. 

It's a shame for Leicester and Chelsea that Liverpool are doing so well, they really could be running them close for top spot if Liverpool had dropped more than 2 points.

I thought United looked very good against Brighton. Fred had his best game in a United shirt. James has been a revelation this season. I think the key difference has been having Martial back. We look so much better with Martial through the middle and being flanked by James and Rashford. 

I also saw the game between Liverpool and City. Got to admit that there were a few decisions that went against City today that could have easily have gone the other way. But, Liverpool's side just looks so good. The full backs basically play like additional midfielders and the entire team's movement was too difficult for City to manage. Fabinho has been outstanding this season and is just a great talent to watch. Has to be one of the best around in his position, at the moment. The other player who has impressed me in this position is Leicester's Ndidi. 

Well Spurs had an interesting night.

As usual, fuck Mourinho. That guy should not have a job in football.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Well Spurs had an interesting night.

As usual, fuck Mourinho. That guy should not have a job in football.

I feel sorry for Poch. I said after the Champions League final he should have left the club because we wouldn't get the support he wanted/needed this season and that's exactly what has happened. 

The person I feel more sorry for is Kane. Not now, but in 2 and a half years when he has lost a yard of pace and Mouriniho freezes him out of the team and ridicules him in public.

Also watch as Dele Alli becomes the most booked player in the league.

Tottenham fans - who are your best youth products? Time for a shopping spree.

I actually like Tottenham, but you've just become the team I want to beat more than anyone else.

Ah, Mourinho's journey to flip off every fan of his continues. Got to imagine he'll be hitting up Milan or Juve in a few years, followed by Barça and then finally retiring at Benfica. 

Isn't he the one who said that love is lost between a manager and club when the manager arrives at a rival? And he's done that to us twice now. As much as I'll always love him, mostly for that first stint at Chelsea, it feels like he's desperate to burn bridges.

He's got us and United coming up next month. Hoping we can show him a thing or two. 

• Like 1

There goes Emery from Arsenal. Lasted longer this season than I thought he would. Be interesting to see who replaces him.

Both Brendan Rogers and Nuno Espírito Santo have been linked with the vacancy. It'd be a shame if either Leicester or Wolves lost their managers mid season.

I've been watching the footy over the past couple of nights on Amazon and I have to say that I'm very impressed by it. The streaming quality is fantastic and the fact that they are putting on all the games, with you then picking which one you want to watch, puts BT and Sky to shame. Thats exactly how it should be.

Yeah I've enjoyed Amazon's coverage as well.

Shame Liverpool couldnt keep a clean sheet tonight but there were some amazing goals scored.