NEurope
Dcubed

New Switch revision announced (NOT the Switch Lite!)

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

That's good news, to Nintendo and the games industry as a whole.

Why is it? You keep saying that but don't provide any proof. Maybe Sony and Microsoft ultimately make more money at the start by getting more early adopters while they are still selling at loss.

Selling at a loss is fairly common with certain gadgets and means customers get a better deal. The manufacturers are obviously not losing out otherwise they wouldn't do this. So what I'm saying is.... perhaps it is better for the games industry to have companies doing this. If more customers get on board sooner due to cheaper price of entry, there'll be more poeole to sell to and develop games for. That to me seems like a healthier situation. 

40 million people in two years seem to thnk it's a great price. So great in fact that people are looking for excuses to buy a second one, just two years in.

I'm sorry, did you personally ask those 40 million people? That figure would only be higher if it was cheaper.

No lol, that isn't the best thing you can do. The best thing to do: desirable product, good price, sold at profit. Everyone wins.

Customer wins less it is they have to pay more. 

Anyone can sell something at a loss. In fact selling products too cheap so as to wipe out competition is in fact illegal. Obviously that doesn't apply here, but it shows you it's not some beacon of pride you seem to think it is.

Anyone can sell anything at a loss. But that's not just what Sony/MS are doing. They are/were selling at a loss but having a sufficiently good game library/subscription service to ultimately make a good profit. In fact, Sony remarked that selling an annual Plus sub with the console was enough to turn a profit. It takes some smarts to price your console optimally.

Also there's nothing illegal about what Microsoft or Sony are doing (nor should there be) so not sure why you are bringing legality into this... it's like you said that with the intention of making a smart point but there is literally no meaning or relevance to it. 

Edited by Sheikah

6 hours ago, Sheikah said:

That figure would only be higher if it was cheaper.

Good insight. They would have sold a billion of them if it cost 10 pence. Doesn’t mean it’s anything to be proud of. 

We wont ever agree. It’s fine  

Edited by Ronnie

58 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This is cool

Meanwhile, NOE won’t even replace our broken Joy-cons...

Shopto has the new revision in stock so other retailers must be hettin theirs as well.

Just be wary if you are looking to replace your original model. Much like the 3DS, these Switch models appear to be a pot luck as to whether you'll get a decent screen or not. Some of the pics doing the rounds of the new model screens look awful. They are very yellow/warmer in comparison to the original model.

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Much like the 3DS, these Switch models appear to be a pot luck as to whether you'll get a decent screen or not.

WCCFnintendoswitchscreen.jpg

Wow. Looks awful. Unacceptable, really.

That's literally the worst thing I've ever seen.

I hope someone gets flogged for this.

23 minutes ago, drahkon said:

That example isn't that bad compared to this one.

oC8xSU9.jpg

Different panels, curing of the glue and uncalibrated panels are the theories going around for these differences.

• Thanks 1

That happens everytime I get a new iPhone. I compare screens and one is yellow, the other blue. I couldn't tell you which I prefer, colder or warmer screens, my eyes just adjust within an hour.

On 22/08/2019 at 6:36 PM, drahkon said:

Left looks too blue and right looks more purple, neither of those look good.