NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dan-likes-trees

Video essay what I gone and made about Pixel Art and why it's so popular

Hey pals,

I made a video essay.. thing.. about pixel art in recent games and why it's so eternally popular (Celeste, Hyper Light Drifter, Octopath Traveller et all)

It would be great to get some feedback from you lot in case I get round to ever making another one

Sorry, hope this isn't not too self-promotiony - you can all put a voice to my posts here in any case!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

An insightful and well-made video there @dan-likes-trees :D

I liked the way in which it was all presented and the examples used resonated rather well I thought. :smile:

It must have taken you a while to put together, did you use many programs to edit it? I'm interested as I'd like to do some video editing myself one day. :peace:

In any case, I hope you do make more in the future, I'll sign in and subscribe to make sure I can keep updated.

• Thanks 1

This was great! Fantastic production values and a you gave a really insightful dive into an interesting topic! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, what is that song you have playing in the background? I recognise it from the end of ReviewTechUSA's videos.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

This was great! Fantastic production values and a you gave a really insightful dive into an interesting topic! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, what is that song you have playing in the background? I recognise it from the end of ReviewTechUSA's videos.

Thanks very much man! Glad you enjoyed it. The music is all from youtube's audio library - so those tracks are probably on a tonne of other videos! Using music from elsewhere seems to be a legal minefield so didn't seem worth the risk

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

An insightful and well-made video there @dan-likes-trees :D

I liked the way in which it was all presented and the examples used resonated rather well I thought. :smile:

It must have taken you a while to put together, did you use many programs to edit it? I'm interested as I'd like to do some video editing myself one day. :peace:

In any case, I hope you do make more in the future, I'll sign in and subscribe to make sure I can keep updated.

Thanks very much! Yeah it took a while, to edit I was keen to make it fairly high production value-y. I did the editing in Premiere, and the graphics and animation bits in After Effects. Bit of a faff going between the two but all ultimately a fairly enjoyable process

• Thanks 2

I only watched the video today, but I thought it was very good. Well edited, well narrated, and got the point well across.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:42 AM, Jonnas said:

I only watched the video today, but I thought it was very good. Well edited, well narrated, and got the point well across.

Thanks alot man! Good to hear :bowdown:

I am looking forward to seeing more informative videos from you. You did an excellent job in both editing and narrating. 

On 7/22/2019 at 1:38 AM, justlexi said:

I am looking forward to seeing more informative videos from you. You did an excellent job in both editing and narrating. 

Thanks alot!! Gotta get started on the next one!

Sign in to follow this