NEurope

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bob

Shadow Tech Cloud Gaming

I stumbled across this service on the Oculus Quest subreddit. It's a cloud computing service where you essentially get to rent an incredibly powerful computer in the cloud, and stream the output onto whatever you want - your shitty laptop, an iPad, or just your TV.

I'm tempted to give it a try, but was wondering if anyone had any previous experience with it?

The trial cost £25 for a month, and then after that I think you have to sign up for an entire year at £25 per month. I doubt I'll sign up for an entire year as I probably won't get the use out of it, but it's tempting to see what I can do with it for a month.

It looks to be a bit more flexible than a normal cloud gaming service, as you can install whatever you want on the rented computer, not just games. Over on the Quest subreddit, they've been streaming SteamVR games via VirtualDesktop direct to their Quest headsets and playing far more graphically intensive games than the Quest should be capable of.

It's an interesting service that I'm eager to try, but not sure if it's a bit pricey...