NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Aperson

Trading Card Game Thread

Thought this would be a good idea to setup. I don't know how many people on here actually play these card games other than @Jonnas and @EEVILMURRAY but if there's anyone else you're welcome to join in.

So yeah, this is exactly what it says on the tin, a general thread for trading card game discussion and also a hub for online games. All card games of the physical variety are welcome for discussion but I think we all know that the big three are Pokemon, Magic and Yugioh. One of those could be covered as part of the General Nintendo section but I don't think there's any other place Magic and Yugioh could go.

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online:

https://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-tcg/play-online/

Magic The Gathering Arena:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

YGPRO Percy (fanmade server since Konami doesn't have their own version

https://dl.orangedox.com/fUt3h5t4qKDDvrAQs4

I personally have recently been playing Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh quite a bit. I have got to grips with Pokemon quite easily but I also want to get better at Yu-Gi-Oh after struggling to memorise the Salamangreat combo and subsequenly deciding I didn't want to play anymore because I did it wrong. Any advice on improving at this game would be appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Here's the old Magic thread, but it's also used for Magic online (I don't know what this Arena thing is). I was finally actually going to sell my (online) cards (you can see me mentioning it 2 years ago in that thread), but the market for the online cards has collapsed. What was once worth around 300+ dollars, now is only worth 80 dollars, and I only get to keep half of it due to transfer costs. At this point I begin to feel it's not worth the effort and money, at the same time I know I'm not going to play in the foreseable future. Plus cards are cheap now anyway, whenever I do get a hankering, I can just re-buy them easily. I do sporadically still buy a paper booster just for fun, to check out current cards. I bought one a few days ago actually, but nothing worthwile in it for me. I did used to play paper magic, but I only knew like the one guy..

Man, I haven't played physical card games in years. They're fun, but expensive to keep, as a hobby. Online isn't quite the same thing, as it lacks a lot of the inherent friendliness of talking to someone face to face.

I played a lot of Pokémon (up until the early days of Johto expansions) and Magic the Gathering (up until Scourge) back in the day. I see Pokémon these days has gotten crazy powercrept (I think a current mid-tier card would destroy all of those I own), while Magic is still doing their thing (I did try out Magic Workstation during the Zendikar and Innistrad days, and yeah, despite a few changes, it still feels like the same rhythm).

Card games in videogame form can still be fun, but it's a robust combat system, rather than sheer competition.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

If anyone's on Pokemon TCG Online you're welcome to send me a friend invite. I only really play with the Expanded format in terms of decks but I've got a bit of a variety in terms of decks, like a game where this happened:

I may also consider downloading Magic Arena in the future on something (how much space does the mobile version take up?) and if I do you're welcome to add me on there.

Sign in to follow this