NEurope
Ronnie

Super Mario Maker 2 - Level Share/Feedback thread

Mario Maker is full of amazing, creative levels with novel concepts but personally I'm just trying to make levels that wouldn't feel out of place in a typical Mario game, no gimmicks or major puzzles or anything, just straightforward platforming. Obviously I'm under no illustion that they're nowhere near what EPD comes up with, but I hope I manage to use some of their design language.

Couple of new courses:

Beat Beat Cavern: K78 - WSX - RSF

Marshmallow Forest: PWY - PVV - JNF

Edited by Ronnie

Marshmallow Forest is a little too awkward if you die after the checkpoint. No power-ups after the checkpoint, so everything can one-hit kill, and once you get to the end of the last clear pipe, it's really easy to fall in the water and have to go all the way back past the fish. Had a lot of fun in your first level though!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ant89 said:

Marshmallow Forest is a little too awkward if you die after the checkpoint. No power-ups after the checkpoint, so everything can one-hit kill, and once you get to the end of the last clear pipe, it's really easy to fall in the water and have to go all the way back past the fish. Had a lot of fun in your first level though!

Thanks! As I was re-playing from the checkpoint before uploading I realised there were no power-ups. Went ahead anyway as I kind of felt the level was on the easy side.

Edit: Fixed! New level code above.

Edited by Ronnie

I love how Mario Maker is bringing back old members and attracting new ones.

• Like 1

A major exploit has been discovered in Listen Carefully! Beetle Drop.

As a result I am planning to pull the level from the servers and redesign it with all feedback in mind to make it a bit easier to manage. New level code will be up once this is finished.

This one is a sequel to one of my levels on the Wii U version of SMM. There’s quite a lot going on in it (probably too much :hehe:) but I just couldn’t stop adding/tweaking stuff! Anyway, hope people enjoy it:

:peace:

• Thanks 1

New code for Beetle Drop level. It's been reworked in order to fix a game breaking bug and to make the level a bit more manageable by allowing you to travel around the blocks. There is also an additional P Switch outside five of the puzzles should you accidentally kill the beetle.

D-Z04MWUcAAzWzH.jpg

I realise this is going to lose traction on amount of plays because of the reupload but it needed to be done. Appreciate anyone who plays this level again just for the fixes.

If you'd rather play something brand new from me, just uploaded two brand new levels.

The first one is another level based around the Switch mechanic but this time around it's simple platforming. 

Nintendo Switches: FH5-746-7YF

The other is a sequel to my Race Yoshi level in Mario Maker 1. This one however has proper mechanics to get Yoshi racing against you which I've borrowed from an entirely different level from Mario Maker 1. Tried to design it so that Yoshi doesn't despawn while you race against him.

Race Yoshi 2: TMD-93X-VCG

I'll go check the new levels later. I put more effort into this one that I intended, this was meant to be something easier for me to create and for you to play, before I start on my next "real" level. Well, it still is, just less than intended. Obviously some changes were made since I can't recreate it 1 on 1. Most changes were due to limitations, workarounds, or balancing. But also some artistic license (i.e. trolls ;)).

Edit: Oh that should be "1-3", but can't be arsed to delete that tweet fo a 2nd time.

Edit 2:

Edited by Sméagol

16 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I'll go check the new levels later. I put more effort into this one that I intended, this was meant to be something easier for me to create and for you to play, before I start on my next "real" level. Well, it still is, just less than intended. Obviously some changes were made since I can't recreate it 1 on 1. Most changes were due to limitations, workarounds, or balancing. But also some artistic license (i.e. trolls ;)).

Edit: Oh that should be "1-3", but can't be arsed to delete that tweet fo a 2nd time.

Edit 2:

I like the imagination behind this one, particularly replacing phanto for the sun. I'm ashamed to say I couldn't complete it. I got to the boss but the bombs just kept killing me 😪

On 02/07/2019 at 8:46 PM, ViPeR said:

I like the imagination behind this one, particularly replacing phanto for the sun. I'm ashamed to say I couldn't complete it. I got to the boss but the bombs just kept killing me 😪

After a replay, I noticed I accidentally deleted a vine in the production version.. <sigh> It annoyed me so much added it back in and re-uploaded it. Only 2 people played it anyway, and you both didn't clear it.. Though it's a shame I lose the death toll on that one haha. I also added a Cheep Cheep I forgot. But all in all inconsequential stuff, but it annoyed me. I didn't change the boss however. I'm not sure if I want to tell you this.. But there's a safespot.

But after checking my level, I also noticed a handy way to check the failure points, I hadn't noticed that one before. I'll go check that one out on my first level. See if any people fell for my trolls haha.

Edited by Sméagol

On 30/06/2019 at 7:27 PM, Sméagol said:

Oh yeah that's what I meant! Sorry! How the hell did I mention Cube? Is he even playing the game?

Nope, I don't even have a Switch yet.

RedShell's levels in the first we great, so it's a awesome thing that he's still making them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cube said:

Nope, I don't even have a Switch yet.

RedShell's levels in the first we great, so it's a awesome thing that he's still making them.

JOIN US

• Like 1

Thanks to all for leaving comments, especially @RedShell for commenting on all three of mine. Hope you'll make some courses of your own soon

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Thanks to all for leaving comments, especially @RedShell for commenting on all three of mine. Hope you'll make some courses of your own soon

Either my Switch account got hacked or you mentioned the wrong person :heh: as I’ve not played many N-E stages yet and have definitely made some of my own. :hehe: 

• Haha 1

Thanks to everyone who played and commented on my stages too. I know I seem to be making new levels very quickly but I have just had quite a few ideas for levels.

Here's another, Boss Rush 2, the sequel to Boss Rush in Super Mario Maker 1.

D-izPOKU4AAvSjt.jpg

23 hours ago, Sméagol said:

After a replay, I noticed I accidentally deleted a vine in the produciton version.. <sigh> It annoyed me so much added it back in and re-uploaded it. Only 2 people played it anyway, and you both didn't clear it.. Though it's a shame I lose the death toll on that one haha. I also added a Cheep Cheep I forgot. But all in all inconsequential stuff, but it annoyed me. I didn't change the boss however. I'm not sure if I want to tell you this.. But there's a safespot.

But after checking my level, I also noticed a handy way to check the failure points, I hadn't noticed that one before. I'll go check that one out on my first level. See if any people fell for my trolls haha.

So did you recreate the level from scratch? I've tried making amendments and reuploading and it never let's me?

Another 2 levels from my Super Mario 3 series 😊

9-5 Water World PW5-3WN-0JF

9-6 Giant World S8H-T7S-64G

2 minutes ago, ViPeR said:

So did you recreate the level from scratch? I've tried making amendments and reuploading and it never let's me?

You have to go back to your uploaded levels, and delete the one in question. Then you can simply re-upload the same level after editing.

Just now, Sméagol said:

You have to go back to your uploaded levels, and delete the one in question. Then you can simply re-upload the same level after editing.

That's cool. If I wasn't so chuffed with the likes they already have I'd do that lol. Question, how do the stats work. You have a figure for likes, figure for times played but I don't get the clear rate. It has a top and bottom figure. Is the bottom figure number of deaths?

Clears vs deaths yeah. And I don't think it's "times played" but rather "number of people who tried your level". I also don't think the failure points are very accurate, or rather, they don't show them all but just a selection.

My latest:

I absolutely love the forest theme. :love: Wish all themes could use the water option...

Anyway, this one has a nice speedrun route in it (more than one actually) I managed 00’50”833 on the clear-check. Looking forward to seeing if that gets beaten. :D 

I forgot about the clear-check time thing on my first course, did it really slowly. :hehe: But since Enter the Coursebot again I’ve been making sure to try and set a good time before uploading.

:peace:

• Thanks 1

4th level of mine, same as before, tried to make it feel like a standard Mario level.

Lava Lair - G35 - 851 - 64G

Enjoy! (hopefully)

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

4th level of mine, same as before, tried to make it feel like a standard Mario level.

Lava Lair - G35 - 851 - 64G

Enjoy! (hopefully)

Really liked the level some solid platforming there very much in the style of a typical Mario game 😊

• Thanks 1

So it seems multiplayer might not be the only area of SMM2’s online that’s having issues, apparently it’s also possible for some uploaded courses to not display to other users. I think my most recent one has fallen victim to this as it’s still on zero plays. :blank: Could someone try and access it via the ID: X63-LGD-MFG to see if it’s actually on the server and then let me know? I might have to re-upload it. :hmm: