NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
S.C.G

Metroid Prime lead technical engineer Andy O'Neil has passed away, aged 47

content-4-35837-metroidprimetechnicallead.jpg

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I've made a thread... though this is sad news indeed.

Metroid Prime lead technical engineer Andy O'Neil has passed away, aged 47

He's said to be the man responsible for making Samus' morphball movements in 3D a reality.

Other accolades include working on the Turok series and of course porting many landmark titles across at the studio he co-founded, Bluepoint.

R.I.P. Andy O'Neil, your contributions to the game industry and to the people who knew you best will surely never be forgotten.

Check the article for more details and use this thread to share condolonces, memories of the games Andy worked on or anything else which would be appropriate.

I'll admit that while I didn't really know of everything that he did, I do recall seeing his name in the credits in Metroid Prime along with everyone else who made the game.

From everyone here at N-Europe, we'd like to pass on our thoughts to Andy's family and friends at this sad time.

• Sad 6

Very very sad.  The man was incredibly talented and his legacy will live forever within his works.

Rest in peace.  You will never be forgotten.

• Like 2

Only 47? Yikes. If he was suffering from cancer then it's claimed yet another victim :(

RIP Andy, thank you for your contributions towards one of my favourite games of all time.

Sign in to follow this