NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Resident Evil 5

Unlike the other REs, this will be day 1 for me, even though (or maybe especially because) I've already played it for 105 hours on Steam (before they fucked it up).

Single player not the best RE (though not the worst either, see RE6), but fucking awesome co-op. Who's going to join me?

Edit:

Switch Trailer:

Edited by Sméagol

So these are going to be £29.99 digital only ports like the other games I assume?

I'm glad that they are on the Switch but, without a physical release, at a reasonable price, there doesn't seem to be much point if you own these games on other platforms.

I mean, yes... you can play them on the Switch, that's the point and co-op but... for re-releases in their most basic form they really shouldn't be more than £14.99 per game.

• Like 2

I saw this from Nintendo direct and it didn't fill me with excitement. The whole thing with the two people in the spooky house looked stale. If Capcom were going to release a brand new game in the Resident Evil series even a spin off, ok let's see what it's like but this is more of the same from Capcom. I'm guessing digital only again doesn't make me feel great either. I have no idea if either RE5 and RE6 will include all the DLC's or not.

I have these two games already on my PS3 and despite the issues with them in places, they are good. I've played RE5 The Mercenaries the most I remember and you get a decent single player campaign length in both games especially with RE6.

Edited by sumo73
missing comma
  • Like 1

If I can find a co-op partner I'll pick this up. RE4 was one of my all time favourites, but I got put off RE5 by the idea of an annoying NPC ruining the fun. May wait for a sale as well. Its the advantage of having a glut of games to catch up on, that you can just stick them on the wish list and wait until they're on sale.

48 minutes ago, sumo73 said:

I saw this from Nintendo direct and it didn't fill me with excitement. The whole thing with the two people in the spooky house looked stale. If Capcom were going to release a brand new game in the Resident Evil series even a spin off, ok let's see what it's like but this is more of the same from Capcom. I'm guessing digital only again doesn't make me feel great either. I have no idea if either RE5 and RE6 will include all the DLC's or not.

Given how this was presented in the Direct, I thought that's exactly what was going to be shown. It seemed weird to give these such a push when they could have easily been put into the montage. ::shrug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Given how this was presented in the Direct, I thought that's exactly what was going to be shown. It seemed weird to give these such a push when they could have easily been put into the montage. ::shrug:

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the Resi section in the Direct, completely unnecessary just for a couple of ports. :hmm: Surprised they let it in actually. Perhaps there is a new RE game in the works (maybe even Switch exclusive) and that's why Nintendo are giving these games a push now. Bit strange otherwise. :confused:

• Like 1

I've just seen the IGN video on this, they killed the B movie mood completely at around the 1:21 mark -

If people want to play these games on the go or have never played them before that's fine but something new or RE7 would have been better.

Edited by sumo73

Sign in to follow this