NEurope
Esequiel

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I haven't even gone to the depths yet. But I did just complete the Rito dungeon.

While I liked BOTW I just couldn't get into it. I'm way more invested in TOTK.

1 hour ago, FalcoLombardi said:

I haven't even gone to the depths yet. But I did just complete the Rito dungeon.

While I liked BOTW I just couldn't get into it. I'm way more invested in TOTK.

I'll see about these dungeons sometime, still messing about. The abundance of stuff is good, it's just a shame you've got to run miles between each thing

Get into the Depths, you'll love it.

10 million copies sold worldwide in its first three days of release!!

Holy. Hot. Damn. 

Well... Enjoying is a bit of a strong word
They probably weren't referring to you.

That's really impressive. But it didn't beat Splatoon 3 in fastest selling game? 

54 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

That's really impressive. But it didn't beat Splatoon 3 in fastest selling game? 

Splatoon 3 is the fastest-selling game on the Switch in Japan, not worldwide. That sold 3.45 million units in 3 days, this sold 2.24 million units in Japan in 3 days. 

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are the fastest-selling Nintendo games of all time...with 10 million sold worldwide in 3 days. 

And Tears of the Kingdom just did the same. 

Now, based on the phrasing, I would guess that means Tears of the Kingdom came up short on taking that title (or they're still confirming figures and so just went with "fastest-selling in the franchise" for now). But that would still mean TotK is the second fastest-selling Nintendo game of all time, and that it matched the launch of the best launch for a Pokémon game. 

And that's all kind of nuts too. 

ETA:

Over 4 million copies in the Americas too, per Business Wire:

With over 4 million sold in the Americas, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is also the fastest-selling Nintendo Switch game and the fastest-selling Nintendo game for any system in that territory.

Well I'll be. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Well:

Spoiler

Fuck me... I died so much here trying to make it through this shrine properly, first drove around thinking one hit with a vehicle was all it took, so kept going round in circles and failing. Then found the laser and flamethrower, but turning was a bit of a ballache so I clipped a wall and got overwhelmed (I only have like 7 hearts), I tried just holding the laser above my head but I was too slow to avoid the mace dude who took off all but one of my hearts.

In the end, turn on laser horse and use magnesis ultrahand to take everything out.

Then discover the pimped monster truck.

2 hours ago, FalcoLombardi said:

I'm so poor in the game.

Yes, just in the game.

It does seem that getting rupees is not as easy as before. I find the best way at the moment is just selling gem stones.

If you glue a sawblade to something that will act as a chassis, add some wheels + a handle then you'll have a makeshift lawnmower to cut grass for rupees.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FalcoLombardi said:

I'm so poor in the game.

Yes, just in the game.

I think because I'm aiming for stamina more than hearts I'm having my anus handed to me more. Plus it seems that they've really amped up the defence power on enemies, whilst giving me fuck all. They go from no armour to tridents on their heads and sucking hits like a sponge and dealing hits like a tank

I need to get some of those flower broads some music so they can pimp me out.

Better than them asking for money and then molesting me as they did in the previous game.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

56 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I need to get some of those flower broads some music so they can pimp me out.

Better than them asking for money and then molesting me as they did in the previous game.

Real talk, the BotW Great Fairies are probably my favourite iterations of them, and that only got elevated when you got to actually play as them in Age of Calamity!

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Real talk, the BotW Great Fairies are probably my favourite iterations of them

See, you only think that because you were told because you paid for it what happened was acceptable. 

2 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

See, you only think that because you were told because you paid for it what happened was acceptable. 

You say that knowing full well I paid for the game, and deemed it unacceptable, right?

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

You say that knowing full well I paid for the game, and deemed it unacceptable, right?

Sounds like you've been brainwashed to the max to the point that I'm confused.

ANYWAYS! I caved to curiosity and watched a small video on shield surfing, mainly because I barely used it/could never do it half the time in previous game, but this is something I think will be essential:

Spoiler

fuse minecart with a shield, gives you a nice skateboard, and you can grind along mine rails.

13 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Sounds like you've been brainwashed to the max to the point that I'm confused.

What's there to not understand? I paid for BotW, and disliked it immensely.

There's a very good reason I'm the only person here who hasn't got TotK.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What's there to not understand? I paid for BotW, and disliked it immensely.

I was meaning you pay the fairy and then she molests you.

(not the game, although like yourself I felt it fucked me over also...)

Edited by EEVILMURRAY
#metoo

This is like listening to two old people in a retirement home have a conversation.

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

19 minutes ago, bob said:

This is like listening to two old people in a retirement home have a conversation.

Daily Mail readers presumably based on this out of context quote

2 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I was meaning you pay the fairy and then she molests you.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

There's a very good reason I'm the only person here who's pouting about not having TotK.

No doubt there is. :D 

• Like 1

2 dungeons down. Time to go exploring for the next 3 days before continuing the main quest. 
My only gripe so far is that these enemies, even early game, are so powerful. I have 7 hearts and I’m being 1 hit killed. I’m not wanting easy guys to beat but I dread to think what Lynels are going to be like. Other than that I’m enjoying it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

2 dungeons down. Time to go exploring for the next 3 days before continuing the main quest. 
My only gripe so far is that these enemies, even early game, are so powerful. I have 7 hearts and I’m being 1 hit killed. I’m not wanting easy guys to beat but I dread to think what Lynels are going to be like. Other than that I’m enjoying it. 

If my experience with BotW is anything to go by, then upgrading armour is the way to survive. I imagine that'll be the same here.

21 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Same issue for me, i upgraded my Armour by one star and I have 11 harts but some enemies are still instantly killing me or knocking me down to one or two harts from one attack. The main thing that is on my side is that i learned attaching the stuff that enemies drop to weapons make them much stronger and also increase the durability, so I can kill them pretty quickly as long as I avoid any hits from them. On the flip side of that though, I've found every dungeon boss I've done so far, relativity easy and defeated them on my first attempt.