NEurope
Esequiel

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Spoiler

I'm guessing you are on the opening Sky Islands. Since you say you have only done one and can see the others and it's VERY early on. I found that the game did ease you in the direction you need to go to do those other ones in that part of the game. You can't get to the next one without doing the previous one, at least that's what I found. So you will use the ability you learned in the first shrine to get to the second. So I just worked clockwise around using the abilities that I got from the last shrine. Yeah you can get lost as it's not a direct rout to the next one, but you should be able to use the scope ability and put a marker on the map to make it a bit easier.

@Aneres11

• Like 1

Some thoughts after about 20 shrines and not a lot of main questing yet...

Spoiler

just going to shrines I can see, I do like that they're a bit more obvious to find, as some of the puzzles before were just boring and rather skip that step. Hit a few "Sheikah" towers, but there's always a catch and I've got to get a Rito some shrooms. I don't think these needed to be lit up like 20th Century Fox.

The world does feel new-ish with all the random tat lying around, but having square shaped rocks dotted around a field or sticking out of mountains offers nothing new. There are still patches of nothing, maybe an enemy base which I avoid because there's nothing of value there either. 

Horses:

Spoiler

Did anyone have troubler finding horses? I found one batch of three and got thrown off because I only had 4 hearts (and about 12 light things so partially on me for not redeeming them), managed to find another thrice near Rito shroom tower and calmed it, rode aaaall the back to the nearest stable... only to find my horses from my Breath of The Wild playthrough had carried over - Epona and Spotanus*, which did irk me a bit. But still it's a "don't stray too far or whistling doesn't work" situation, pointless for when you're whizzing up mountains and into the sky. Maybe there's an upgrade later...

*it has spots near the anus.

spoiler free summary - it's still got a long way to go. No idea what these reviewers have been playing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Mainly I have been (Reveal hidden contents)

just going to shrines I can see, I do like that they're a bit more obvious to find, as some of the puzzles before were just boring and rather skip that step. Hit a few "Sheikah" towers, but there's always a catch and I've got to get a Rito some shrooms. I don't think these needed to be lit up like 20th Century Fox.

The world does feel new-ish with all the random tat lying around, but having square shaped rocks dotted around a field or sticking out of mountains offers nothing new. There are still patches of nothing, maybe an enemy base which I avoid because there's nothing of value there either. 

Spoiler

What do you think of the shrines so far?

I find them to be super boring and easy. You basically always get exactly the things you need to "solve" the puzzle and as soon as you see 'em it's painfully obvious what to do. There's no thinking involved.

I remember one called "building with logs" or something.

You first get two logs. Stick 'em together and advance. Then you get more logs. Stick 'em to the first ones and advance. Then more logs...you get the idea.

18 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Mainly I have been (Reveal hidden contents)

Horses:

neigh (Reveal hidden contents)

Did anyone have troubler finding horses? I found one batch of three and got thrown off because I only had 4 hearts (and about 12 light things so partially on me for not redeeming them), managed to find another thrice near Rito shroom tower and calmed it, rode aaaall the back to the nearest stable... only to find my horses from my Breath of The Wild playthrough had carried over - Epona and Spotanus*, which did irk me a bit. But still it's a "don't stray too far or whistling doesn't work" situation, pointless for when you're whizzing up mountains and into the sky. Maybe there's an upgrade later...

*it has spots near the anus.

spoiler free summary - it's still got a long way to go. No idea what these reviewers have been playing.

Spoiler

I found some easy, catching and taming it was a pain. I caught 2 but they hardly listen so they a pain to control.

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:
  About your spoiler (Hide contents)

What do you think of the shrines so far?

I find them to be super boring and easy. You basically always get exactly the things you need to "solve" the puzzle and as soon as you see 'em it's painfully obvious what to do. There's no thinking involved.

I remember one called "building with logs" or something.

You first get two logs. Stick 'em together and advance. Then you get more logs. Stick 'em to the first ones and advance. Then more logs...you get the idea.

Spoiler

I've not hit the log building one yet, but everything is just move item, maybe stick item, and move that somewhere. boom, shiny thing

so Hyrule is based on some broad who got plowed by some animal dude. Interesting... 

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Just now, EEVILMURRAY said:

so Hyrule is based on some broad who got plowed by some animal dude. Interesting... 

You've seen anime right? 

4 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:
  I agree... (Reveal hidden contents)

I've not hit the log building one yet, but everything is just move item, maybe stick item, and move that somewhere. boom, shiny thing

Spoiler

That's been my experience for pretty much every puzzle.

By the way, hope I didn't spoil you too much with that shrine description :p

Spoiler

I've done about... 25 and yeah, they are easy enough to clear. A couple were tricky to get the timing right and some were harder because I got stripped off of my equipment and had to kill constructs with environmental stuff. I've found, though, that getting the chest is actually the fun puzzle. They twist stuff a bit. 

5 minutes ago, MindFreak said:
  Shrines (Reveal hidden contents)

I've done about... 25 and yeah, they are easy enough to clear. A couple were tricky to get the timing right and some were harder because I got stripped off of my equipment and had to kill constructs with environmental stuff. I've found, though, that getting the chest is actually the fun puzzle. They twist stuff a bit. 

Spoiler

Yup, sometimes getting the chest is actually fun and requires some thinking.

A shame that the rewards are usually crap :laughing:

1 hour ago, drahkon said:
  Shrines (Hide contents)

Yup, sometimes getting the chest is actually fun and requires some thinking.

A shame that the rewards are usually crap :laughing:

You don't like opal?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

You don't like opal?

I'd rather take Arrows x5

• Like 1

I was avoiding a lot of battles for most of my playtime so far because I seem to be dying very easily. I only realised today that if you fuse the stuff that Bokoblin’s and other enemies drop onto your weapons, it makes them much stronger. I’m having a much better time battling enemies with those upgraded weapons now.

For example, all before I was fusing rocks and stuff to my swords, which makes them stronger but only by a little bit. Adding a Lizalfos horn will add 8+ damage for comparison. 

• Like 1

They'll be lucky if I go anything beyond a plank and 4 wheels!

I may be wrong in this as it's early days, but I think the residence of Hyrule have been lazier than I gave them credit for...

Spoiler

When we first saw the trailers with all the expanded settlements, I thought that this was stuff that had been done post-Ganon, pre-Ganondorf... however, everything new that I've come across is related to "ThE uPhEavAL", built around all the random tat that has just appeared in the however many days Link was missing for - I'm guessing less than a week - so nothing new was built (again, could be wrong) in the estimated 2-3 years between events. I did more shit on my house than the entire Kingdom. Tarry Town was a monument to my efficiency.

Unless shit falls from the sky, then ramps and scaffolding appear overnight like magic

Question on horses:

Spoiler

As the horses carried over, for those who got the DLC with magic horse appearing action*, did that carry over also?

*something the great Fenyx did without having to shell out extra

Who else got those Delfino vibes?

Spoiler

When carrying round the hydrant near the Zora tower and freeing the Zora dude from the sludge?

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

They'll be lucky if I go anything beyond a plank and 4 wheels!

Sometimes even my plank and four wheels doesn’t work lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Sometimes even my plank and four wheels doesn’t work lol

I did a great thing in a shrine where I had to make a plank and 4 wheels - this will not come as a spoiler to anyone - but instead I fused one wheel on either side to the wheel next to it, making for a great movement. I did record it so I'll post it later.

STORY SPOILERS INCOMING

Spoiler

The more flashback cutscenes via Dragon's Tears I see the more I wish the game would take place in that timeline.

It's much more interesting. The different characters, the war, the world. Everything seems so much more fleshed out.

Anyways, maxed out my stamina. Now everything goes into health.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I did a great thing in a shrine where I had to make a plank and 4 wheels - this will not come as a spoiler to anyone - but instead I fused one wheel on either side to the wheel next to it, making for a great movement. I did record it so I'll post it later.

Here it is

And another fine achievement..

• Haha 2

Spoiler

So was heading all the way to Hateno from starting point and came up to a stable  sorry can’t remember the name  and explored around the area  found another well and decided to jump in like normal  but this time some one was down there and so a new side quest was started  Well Enthusiast. There’s around 60 wells in the game ro find for this person. 

So I’ve just found another new collectathon type thing. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:
  More to find (Reveal hidden contents)

So was heading all the way to Hateno from starting point and came up to a stable  sorry can’t remember the name  and explored around the area  found another well and decided to jump in like normal  but this time some one was down there and so a new side quest was started  Well Enthusiast. There’s around 60 wells in the game ro find for this person. 

So I’ve just found another new collectathon type thing. 

Spoiler

Dragon Quest fans approve.

My circle of L shoulder button commands is complete!

Spoiler

Riding around on my 2 Death Horses, Binky 1 and Binky 2 (I lost them both), essential for travelling on Gloom and zooming straight to the light bud thingies or Poe farming. I found the Central Mine and fisted the Yiga Clan Leader. With all the additions they kept pimping his ride with in the various phases, thinking back I think I was expected to maybe Megahand it apart, all I did was jump on the back every time and lay the smacketh-down.

I'm surprised this even existed, as it was the sky that was being touted as one of the major draws, despite it looking like a vast plain of nothing which is tricky to navigate because you need to wait for stones to fall down and take you up to somewhere decent, (came across rockets yesterday which was fun. Wish I could go back to where it was to try a different angle to get somewhere.), yet completely didn't let slip the Depths, sneaky Nintendo. It's another realm of empty plain, so that should satisfy the fans even more as somewhere else to navigate.

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Fapping in the Depths (Hide contents)

Riding around on my 2 Death Horses, Binky 1 and Binky 2 (I lost them both), essential for travelling on Gloom and zooming straight to the light bud thingies or Poe farming. I found the Central Mine and fisted the Yiga Clan Leader. With all the additions they kept pimping his ride with in the various phases, thinking back I think I was expected to maybe Megahand it apart, all I did was jump on the back every time and lay the smacketh-down.

I'm surprised this even existed, as it was the sky that was being touted as one of the major draws, despite it looking like a vast plain of nothing which is tricky to navigate because you need to wait for stones to fall down and take you up to somewhere decent, (came across rockets yesterday which was fun. Wish I could go back to where it was to try a different angle to get somewhere.), yet completely didn't let slip the Depths, sneaky Nintendo. It's another realm of empty plain, so that should satisfy the fans even more as somewhere else to navigate.

Spoiler

The sky islands are such a disappointment.

Some of it is cool (I came across one sphere with a light puzzle in it - which I wouldn't consider a puzzle as it was just a matter of "rotate a mirror so the light reflects off of it onto the next mirror, repeat until you're done") but most of it is repeated island.I fought the same type of boss 3 times already, used the same type of launchy-thingy at three islands (all of which basically have the same layout) and I got the sky diving suit by doing the same three activities just with different layouts/routes. And I haven't explored all of the sky. Really hope the rest is different.

And the depths?
Personally, I'd agree with you: boring. It was tough to navigate at first which was kinda interesting, though. Eventually, however, you get so much shit to light everything up, it just becomes tedious.

Did the first main quest that takes you there and haven't gone back, yet.