NEurope
Esequiel

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

DPD have said they missed me, and I don't think they attempted my neighbour, possibly because I didn't specify which one, despite living on a corner. They said they'd try again on Monday so I've shelled out a fiver to have it delivered tomorrow.

Great new soundtrack in that video Ashley posted. I can see why it took so long with such dope jams.

No sign of either the game nor the new Link Amiibo here. Don’t let me down Nintendo, your store said all games will be delivered on release day. 

The Collector's Edition is expensive but in person it's really high quality. The way everything is packaged and displayed is lovely. Pins and the metallic poster are great and the art book is much bigger than I was expecting. Seeing it in person I'd have said £110 is about right. Plus the Nintendo Store throw in a couple of extras for free on top of that anyway.

Edited by Ronnie

Yeah I've seen a few people say the art book is surprisingly big as most tend to be A5 size. 

Well looks like my game won’t be here until tomorrow. My Amiibo came but it seems the game wasn’t sent at the same time. Either Nintendo’s fault for not sending early enough or Royal Mail for not getting it sorted quicker. First time an order from the official Nintendo store has not arrived on release day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just put in a couple hours...

Great so far. The presentation is top notch, very cinematic, the intro was really well done. Nice that the game gets you into the gameplay quickly.

Spoiler

It's funny seeing so many YouTube videos try and piece together that opening with Link and Zelda, and how the actual game was so different :laughing:

I quite like Zelda's voice performance, but I can understand people who don't. 

Enjoyed the eerie Metroid-like music.

Title card sequence was outstanding, the way the fall into the water syncs with the music too, great stuff.

Once it opens up, the opening area is pretty daunting, tempting to just go in any direction and explore. Ultrahand takes a bit of getting used to, the rotation especially.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

I see it still rains whenever you need to climb something.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 9:32 AM, EEVILMURRAY said:

For me, I think it's shown how he's going to lose his abilities - Samus Aran stylie, instead of getting some sort of Twilight Realm Mega Man arm, it looks more like Ganondorf has tried to attack Link and corrupted his arm - Princess Mononoke stylie, resulting in the loss of his abilities, probably sapping his strength/health and now being too much of a pussy to handle the Master Sword again and the cycle begins anew.

Spoiler

God I'm good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:
Spoiler

Spoiler God I'm good.

Good work!

• Weird 1

Is it just me or do the enemies hit really hard? I started out on the main island with 4 hearts and it feels like pretty much everything hits you for at least 3.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Is it just me or do the enemies hit really hard? I started out on the main island with 4 hearts and it feels like pretty much everything hits you for at least 3.

Yeah they do, especially the blue ones. Not sure if I ventured too far, or if it’s because I’m still using the armour from the start of the game. I can’t afford any upgrades either.

• Like 1

Please...

Spoiler

Hestu...give me multiple stash upgrades in one go...I don't need to go through the dialogue and skip that annoying dance every single time...

Baffles me...especially that stuff like this hasn't been fixed after it was present in the first one.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Please...
Spoiler Hestu...give me multiple stash upgrades in one go...I don't need to go through the dialogue and skip that annoying dance every single time...
Baffles me...especially that stuff like this hasn't been fixed after it was present in the first one.

Stuff like that is common in loads of Nintendo games. I remember it took them ages to add quality of life changes to Animal Crossing.

Spoiler

Was there a route to it? Because I got near it and I couldn't climb because it was too slippery, the other route around just went down to the other side and I couldn't make my way properly back so had to reload an old save.

In the end I just stuck four logs end to end.

Spoiler

I'm assuming you went to the right. If you went left there were tree trunks that you could climb to get up to it. But it already shows that there are multiple ways to do things already.

@EEVILMURRAY

8 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:
  Snow shrine at the beginning... (Hide contents)

Was there a route to it? Because I got near it and I couldn't climb because it was too slippery, the other route around just went down to the other side and I couldn't make my way properly back so had to reload an old save.

In the end I just stuck four logs end to end.

Spoiler

There are a few ways I've seen online.

You can climb some thick tree root type thing around the cave exit:

zZwtXG6.png

Behind the waterfall, the cliff age isn't slippery and you can climb straight up:

pN8VrGx.png

and a lot of people used the method you used:

oQxUfja.png

I didn't notice neither of any of these when I was at this part of the game and ended up attaching some fans to one of those large metal blocks and flying up to the shrine lol

Edited by Helmsly

14 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Yeah. I'm dying constantly, even at 7 hearts. Can't seem to get the timing for flurry attacks right half the time, so it's also on me, but yeah. It seems like one or two hit kills all the time. 

Also getting rupees is a slow process. I only just 800 now after selling a bunch of rubies and joining the monster squad one time. Now I can afford an armor which let's me progress some story related quest. 

Also, 

Spoiler

In this memory, Zelda mentions something about becoming a dragon. I therefore assume that Zelda is the Dragon flying about in the sky. 

I went to explore a chasm yesterday. Was instantly killed by a giant frog. But fifth time I got around it and found some interesting stuff there. But it was mainly just really dark and empty, can't see myself spending a lot of time there. 

Edited by MindFreak

Made some progress...

Spoiler

...in The Depths.

What a boring place this is. It's pretty much BotW: large areas full of absolutely nothing :p
Also very tedious to traverse - I guess that's the point but it's simply not fun,

I did, however, manage to complete a quest and am now following another questline to upgrade the pad with some much needed features.

Still not sure what to think of the game. I'm enjoying it a lot more than BotW but that's not saying much.

Edited by drahkon

54 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Made some progress...

Location and Purah Pad spoilers (be warned - don't know how to describe it without spoiling it) (Reveal hidden contents)

...in The Depths.

What a boring place this is. It's pretty much BotW: large areas full of absolutely nothing :p
Also very tedious to traverse - I guess that's the point but it's simply not fun,

I did, however, manage to complete a quest and am now following another questline to upgrade the pad with some much needed features.

Still not sure what to think of the game. I'm enjoying it a lot more than BotW but that's not saying much.

Spoiler

Yeah. Those depths aren't much fun. I found a Yiga hideout which was interesting and had some blueprints for a design, I think. I then found some Poes but that's it. Can't see myself spending much time there. 

• Like 1

I may be in the minority here but I'm finding this a bit of a chore at the moment. 

Done the first shrine but then the game doesn't tell you where the other ones are to progress (unless I'm missing something). So I've spent ages wandering and the only ones are out of reach to me for reasons I won't "spoil". 

I have done nothing but scour the map and getting nowhere. I don't think it's the game, it's definitely more me. I'm not here for such open world games where you make your own way. The older I get and the less time I have I prefer a linear A to B type game not this massive world to explore. I also don't want to be on YouTube every 5 minutes to know the best path to take next as what's the point. 

I will persevere but so far I haven't enjoyed what I have played if I'm being honest. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I may be in the minority here but I'm finding this a bit of a chore at the moment. 

Done the first shrine but then the game doesn't tell you where the other ones are to progress (unless I'm missing something). So I've spent ages wandering and the only ones are out of reach to me for reasons I won't "spoil". 

I have done nothing but scour the map and getting nowhere. I don't think it's the game, it's definitely more me. I'm not here for such open world games where you make your own way. The older I get and the less time I have I prefer a linear A to B type game not this massive world to explore. I also don't want to be on YouTube every 5 minutes to know the best path to take next as what's the point. 

I will persevere but so far I haven't enjoyed what I have played if I'm being honest. 

There are story points that you can follow which makes the game a bit more linear, at least in the beginning. Then you can pick a direction (story wise) and go with that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Done the first shrine but then the game doesn't tell you where the other ones are to progress (unless I'm missing something).

Are you talking about shrines or...

Spoiler

...the bigger "dungeons"?

These can be kinda marked via a story quest. At least you can mark 4 places (or 3, if you've done one of them already) near them.

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Are you talking about shrines or...

Spoilers, just in case (Hide contents)

...the bigger "dungeons"?

These can be kinda marked via a story quest. At least you can mark 4 places (or 3, if you've done one of them already) near them.

Definitely shrines :). I am VERY early in. 

My criticisms are more born from the fact that I have just never been great at Zelda games. Plus I don’t really have the patience for exploration, which is what everyone else loves about it! 

I am going to give it a longer play through later on so hopefully I can get to grips with it a bit more!

8 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Definitely shrines :). I am VERY early in. 

I see.

8 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

My criticisms are more born from the fact that I have just never been great at Zelda games. Plus I don’t really have the patience for exploration, which is what everyone else loves about it! 

Yeah, it might not be for you then. But maybe you just need a bit more time to warm up to it. You already said, you'll give it a proper go later. Keep an open mind and see if it'll click. :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I see.

Yeah, it might not be for you then. But maybe you just need a bit more time to warm up to it. You already said, you'll give it a proper go later. Keep an open mind and see if it'll click. :D

Yup! I did complete BoTW but I bought the guidebook with it which really helped. Still have it on the shelf actually! :D