NEurope
Esequiel

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I was going to avoid it but read that it wasn't really spoiler heavy. It wasn't spoilery at all, in my opinion anyway. Wow what a trailer, that's film blockbuster worthy trailer. Best trailer I've seen in a long time. Can't wait for this, have this preordered along with the new Link Amiibo. 

• Like 2

Leaked TV spot seems to confirm the name of a mini-boss we've seen in trailers up to this point as being a certain enemy from the original Zelda, as well as a returning element from BotW, and seemingly further confirmation of a certain location...

Anyways, yeah, the trailer looked fantastic. The idea of getting some support throughout our journey is really exciting to me, and the shot at 2:38 seems to be exactly like something I've mentioned wanting before (ahem, fighting with a bunch of folks on our side in the guise of Seven Samurai). 

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

I was going to avoid it but read that it wasn't really spoiler heavy. It wasn't spoilery at all, in my opinion anyway.

Spoilery =/= showing a lot. For me, at least, there's a pretty big difference between something that spoils the fun of something and showing off a lot that we hadn't seen before/expected to see. 

This trailer absolutely showed a lot, especially when compared to previous trailers which were incredibly reluctant to show too much; this trailer was a blowout of epic proportions (and I loved it for that) in much the same way as the January 2017 Switch Presentation trailer for BotW.

I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this. 

Now whether or not you'd consider it "spoilery", I don't know, I think it's really hard to gauge something like that with a game like this.

But for a game like this that is so deeply entrenched in exploration - much more so than most games releasing these days - maybe seeing a bunch more previously unseen locales, enemies, and characters can be considered "spoilery". For me, it's probably the part where we see a bunch of shots and hear lines clearly taken from cutscenes, when, if BotW is anything to go by, this game probably won't have that many cutscenes to begin with, so maybe it is "spoilery" in that sense. 

I'd generally agree that it's not "spoilery", but would say that it shows a lot, hence my previous caution for those on the fence about watching the trailer.

I'm curious now, though: what could Nintendo have hypothetically shown here that you would have considered to be "spoilery"? 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Julius said:

I'm curious now, though: what could Nintendo have hypothetically shown here that you would have considered to be "spoilery"? 

Something from a cutscene from incredibly late in the game.

You know, like BotW did. But if you don't realise it at the time, does it count?

6 hours ago, Julius said:

For me, I think it's shown how he's going to lose his abilities - Samus Aran stylie, instead of getting some sort of Twilight Realm Mega Man arm, it looks more like Ganondorf has tried to attack Link and corrupted his arm - Princess Mononoke stylie, resulting in the loss of his abilities, probably sapping his strength/health and now being too much of a pussy to handle the Master Sword again and the cycle begins anew.

It also showed more boring grassland, which I expected. But it looks more action orientated this time, which pleases me greatly, because it's pretty fair to assume not much of the landscape will be totally new, with either a few newly manipulated areas, and settlements where settlements were not before, as such a lot of the wonder of exploration will be missing this time around. That's not to say that finding something new won't feel good, it's just the journey won't be as thrilling.

The date thing threw me, My heart sank as my mind went "DECEMBER?! They've taken the money for my collectors edition pre-order" ... fucking Americans...

Some people consider every tiny thing a spoiler these days. Fair enough if you want to go into a game totally blind, but don't go blaming people about spoilers if you go and read articles and forum threads about a game and then whinge that someone mentioned an enemy type or a level setting that you didn't want to know about.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, bob said:

Some people consider every tiny thing a spoiler these days. Fair enough if you want to go into a game totally blind, but don't go blaming people about spoilers if you go and read articles and forum threads about a game and then whinge that someone mentioned an enemy type or a level setting that you didn't want to know about.

This is why I don't watch those kind of videos, like the one Julius posted above, about 16 minutes of micro-analysing a 3 minute video... It's not for me.

7 hours ago, Julius said:

For me anything spoilery would be a major plot point that's given away or hinted at. Like if Zelda dies. Something that hasn't been part of previous stories and not something you'd guess at. Any major new mechanics, though I guess some have been shown so not too sure on that. Though I still don't know much about them cause I haven't been paying attention. Any late game stuff that is not normal in a Zelda game, so I know there will always be Gannon and likely Zelda will help kill him, but I don't want to know what forms he takes or how the battle is possibly going to be. I don't want to know how we get there, I know it'll most likely be through Hyrule Castle but if that's not the case then don't tell us. New characters that are going to be integral to the plot. Son't make it clear that they are but I don't mind if they are shown in a glancing shot. 

It can be hard to draw a line on what is a spoiler as everyone has a different take, but to me, if I got to that point and it would have been a shock, or been an emotional moment in the game, then I want to find that out on my own and not know it's coming. I don't mind a fly over of town that we may not have seen before as long as you leave it at that. Let us then discover it if its going to be a bit part of the game.

• Like 1

I think the only remotely thing that could be a spoiler is a certain someone's "rehydrated" form.

We were shown a lot of things without any explanation so there's still a lot we don't know.

I haven't seen anyone say they showed too much so I don't think that's the general consensus.

If they hadn't shown enough then there would be videos about how Nintendo haven't shown enough, it people still calling it DLC. So basically you got click baited.

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

I haven't seen anyone say they showed too much so I don't think that's the general consensus. 

That's...but that's not even what I'm saying? 

I'm saying they showed a lot, which I would not equate to being "spoilery", which is the general consensus in here – that they didn't really spoil anything (which I agree with, without context a lot of these cutscenes and lines really don't amount to much besides more speculation about their place in the game). And I almost certainly wouldn't equate me saying that they showed "a lot" to them showing "too much". 

I just think it's clear that they dialled up to eleven how much they were prepared to show in this trailer compared to previous trailers for TotK, and while that makes sense for one final blowout trailer, if we were to compare it to BotW's final trailer, I would say that the amount of new stuff they showed in their final trailer compared to the previous trailer is exponentially more than what we saw before for TotK, whereas BotW's final trailer felt like a natural step up in marketing from its previous trailers. 

I mean, Nintendo themselves said to get hyped for a three minute trailer and we basically ended up with four, so even by that metric they did show a whole lot more than we thought we were going to see. 

One last time: I don't have a problem with them showing as much as they did at all - I wanted that for goodness' sake, and have been asking for as much for months now! - and I've been waiting for this game to get a great trailer, which it finally has. I just thought it was worth warning that it shows a whole lot more than previous trailers did, which it does.

I'm not saying that it's spoilery.

I'm not saying that it shows too much.

Just that it shows a lot, and if you're sensitive to that, then it might be worth skipping. 

::shrug:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bob said:

The furry crowd are going to have a field day with that weird dragon person aren't they?

I've already seen people thirsting over Ganondorf so maybe the tears aren't going to be the only liquid at play

(Too much?)

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, FalcoLombardi said:

What if the Zelda timeline is circular? As in: Skyward Sword is the start of the timeline, BOTW is the end, and BOTW2 is the "in between"? That's a way that all timelines work.

SS > OOT > whatever games/timeline > BOTW > BOTW2 > SS > OOT > (and so on)

I saw Zeltik speculate the same thing recently. Just here to pat myself on the back.

• Haha 1

It's apparently £50 at shopto

I say apparently because it's showing me the price in Euros but it looks about right

• Thanks 1

Yep, I can confirm, it's £49.85 at ShopTo. Nice find.

At that price, I pre-ordered it. :peace:

(and it looks like over 1,315 other people did as well... no idea how much stock ShopTo have for pre-orders, maybe it'll sell out?)

Interesting logging back into ShopTo for the first time in four years, the site does seem to have improved, and they have got some good deals.

I had one hundred points to use as well, which got me another 25p off... ::shrug:

Oh well, not long to wait, just under a month.

I'll stick with ShopTo, but £45 is a great price... to anyone who hasn't ordered already, probably get in quick if you intend to order from Curry's as I'd have thought the stock won't last at that price. Plus it's only that price while the offer code is used and/or active, the default price appears to be £59.99 whereas ShopTo just have the game at £49.85, with no codes required.

At this point, I'm just glad to have not paid more than £50 for the game.

Good to see lots of deals on this title though.

Currys does tend to be quite competitive and often uses games as a loss leader so I wouldn't be surprised if it's dropped to that price a few days before launch. 

Not that you should bank on it, but I've got a few games from them in the past because they've been so competitive. 

A fan-made anime/GBC commercial for the game:

Man, I love these things.

Said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but Nintendo fans go to stupid lengths with showcasing their talents with things like these, and I love it! :peace: love their adapted take on the trailer theme too, gosh darn it's a beaut of a track :D

3 weeks and 1 day to go... :bouncy:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

Loved yesterday's ad for the game, You Can Do What?! 

"Master your imagination" is also one hell of a line, even if it sounds like it should be one owned by LEGO :p

Two weeks and three days to go! :bouncy:

• Like 1

Preview time LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Going to make the next 2 weeks and 2 days an easier wait until I'm done watching them, and then after ... yeah that's going to be a long wait still :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a preview session centred around the abilities gameplay demo from Aonuma. All sounding pretty incredible so far though from what I've read.

The ability to summon builds you've Ultrahand-ed before sounds great. I imagine it'd get tedious to constantly build the same rafts or flying machines piece by piece so if they limit your actual build time to new builds? Great stuff.

Edited by Ronnie

Watched the IGN one and he spoiled a couple of puzzles and their solutions in order to explain how creative everything is. Just a warning. 

Sounds good, though. Sounds like a lot of time will be spent playing around with stuff to assemble weird constructs. That's going to be massive on YouTube, I recon. But it's awesome that they let you quickly make stuff you've made before if the materials are there. And the travel medallion is really good, except that you manually need to activate it so falling off an island accidentally could lead to frustration at times. But I'm glad to see overworld puzzles again.