NEurope
Esequiel

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

3 minutes ago, Julius said:

I have a question to put out there: do we think the XYZ coordinates on the mini-map seen in the demo are here to stay? 

I ask because a lot of the breakdown videos I've seen are treating it as fact that it'll make it into the game, and while it would be nice and make things like guides and walkthroughs easier when seeking certain items/locations, I honestly thought watching the demo that it was just something they'd left in from the test build. 

On the one hand, Aonuma did say that development of the game is now complete...but on the other, he didn't actually say we were seeing the completed product (even if it did feel implied).

The other thing that has me on the fence about it being included is the fact that, well, it looks terrible and tacked on (kind of like a dev option), as it can't be read clearly at all at certain points of the demo (light text on the light background representing the sky islands in particular). If it were to be included in the full release, I'd have to imagine there'd be a dark ring around the mini-map (or something along those lines) to house those coordinates instead? 

So yeah, curious to know what others think :peace:

I think it's just leftover code from development and it won't be in the final game. I'm not sure Nintendo wants people to be trading exact coordinates for things, and instead just stumble on and discover stuff naturally. And yeah, the fact that it's not always legible suggests that too.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

Urgh, someone mentioned me in the thread I've successfully avoided so far...oh it's Julius. Let's see what he has to say.

Fuck you, Julius.

:p

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Urgh, someone mentioned me in the thread I've successfully avoided so far...

It's as easy as that to summon you??

15 hours ago, darksnowman said:

It's as easy as that to summon you??

Yeah, some people have that power :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

On 29/03/2023 at 11:30 AM, EEVILMURRAY said:

But it was done. I think that's the main point people are making.

No, you can't just say "let's ignore the whole point you're making and argue that it was actually done". The whole point I was making...undermines the whole point you were making.

You can't point to an example that was made under the worst conditions and argue that it can be done that quickly, when the conditions for it getting done that quickly should never be repeated.

2 hours ago, Sheikah said:

No, you can't just say "let's ignore the whole point you're making and argue that it was actually done". The whole point I was making...undermines the whole point you were making.

You can't point to an example that was made under the worst conditions and argue that it can be done that quickly, when the conditions for it getting done that quickly should never be repeated.

I don't think I said anything that disputed the conditions they developers were under, the deadline that they were subjected to, nor that it was a reasonable situation and should be repeated. 

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I don't think I said anything that disputed the conditions they developers were under, the deadline that they were subjected to, nor that it was a reasonable situation and should be repeated. 
The post I challenged was one pointing to MM and how quickly it was made in order to contrast it to BOTW2's development time. But that comparison isn't great because MM was made with ridiculous crunch.

Maaaan, I am obsessed with what they're holding back story-wise.

The similarities between story surrounding the Zonai seems to have many parallels with that of the Interlopers that become the Twili.
Couple that with the following analysis of the timeline, and I'm getting my hopes up for a Midna return:eek:

Final trailer drops tomorrow at 15:00 BST:

Livestream link:

At 3 minutes long, it's going to be a meaty one!

I've said it before, but the trailers for TotK have paled in comparison to the heights of BotW's trailers (and the last few have reused the same track over and over), so I'm really hoping that we hear some new music and get a trailer which lives up to the hype that the BotW trailers had me expecting. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Nice! Definitely sounds like this is the meaty trailer similar to the January BOTW one from 2017.

I'll probably skip it.*

* = say I'm going to skip it, then cave 45 minutes later and watch it three dozen times.

• Haha 1

thelegendofzeldatearsofthekingdomfinalgameplaytrailerbanner.620x0.webp

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom final trailer reveal tomorrow

Now up on the main page.

N-Europe should have the usual roundup article posted shortly after the trailer has aired.

• Like 1

I recently finished Elden Ring, which dominated by life at various points over the last 6 months... and now this big chungus is about to drop!

Re-listening to some BotW soundtrack today - man it's taking me back. I had a brutal manual labour job at the time and playing it was such a release, one of the few I had. What a magical game. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

With the foundations from the first game already laid, they've had 6 years to build on all the core concepts that made the original so good. Surely the result has to be amazing?! Like I get the hesitation about them re-using the same map (more-or-less), but if anyone deserves to be trusted, surely it's these guys.

Won't be watching any more pre-release footage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we have a moratorium on using the word 'meaty' please?

There are other, similar words we can use, such as brawny, chunky, corpulent, fat, ample, beefy, fleshy or plump.

Final trailer for Tears of the Kingdom – hnnnnnnnng the music! Also, 3 minutes my ass :p 

Fair warning: while I loved the trailer, I feel like it showed a loooooooooot, so if you're on the fence, it might be best to skip this one? 

BUT FINALLY A GREAT TRAILER FOR THIS GAME! 

Less than a month to go! :bouncy:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Nice try, Nintendo. You ain't tempting me in by making up some kind of dragon people race.

Good trailer, but I have no desire to play this, so no trailer was ever gonna sway me.

16 minutes ago, Julius said:

Fair warning: while I loved the trailer, I feel like it showed a loooooooooot, so if you're on the fence, it might be best to skip this one? 

Thanks for the above, I'm definitely going to do my best to skip it. Glad it was good though.

Noticed it was 4 minutes long :eek: 

Edited by Ronnie

Looks like Super Zelda Galaxy for a lot of it.

Also, the furry crowd are going to have a field day with that weird dragon person aren't they?

8 minutes ago, bob said:

Also, the furry crowd are going to have a field day with that weird dragon person aren't they?

What can I say? Reptiles are pretty cool.

Yeah, that was a great trailer with lots of small details about the story and setting. And finally some real music as well!

4 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, that was a great trailer with lots of small details about the story and setting. And finally some real music as well!

You're assuming it'll be in the game.

Because remember what happened last time there was great music in a Zelda trailer?

Edited by Glen-i

thelegendofzeldatearsofthekingdomfinaltrailerbanner.620x0.webp

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom final trailer

Now up on the main page. :peace:

- - - - -

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Nice try, Nintendo. You ain't tempting me in by making up some kind of dragon people race

Somehow they managed to convince people into thinking the fish people turned into a bullshit bird race, so be careful.