NEurope
Esequiel

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Different Sheikah Slate from the first game though, design wise. :confused:

Edited by Ronnie

I thought Zelda was teased to be playable in the direct? Didn't she say something like "give me your power" near the end?

"Lend him your power". Presumably the green energy arm thing holding Ganon, that then takes over Link's

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

Introducing: Big Boy Bokoblin™ (idk if we saw it in one of the trailers but this is nice look and art if we haven't)

Giving me rancor vibes. I love it :laughing:

7 minutes ago, Julius said:

Big Boy Bokoblin

Wasn't the entire point of Bokoblins to be smaller versions of Moblins?

Making a big Bokoblin seems counterproductive?

Great breakdown of the most recent trailer by Zeltik:

Didn't clock the three-headed dragon or green goop at all! :laughing:

• Like 1

Unless it's a jumbo one like the Detective Pikachu one that's just amazon cashing in, it's got to be. I expect it to be regular single Amiibo price.

Sure, I'll put my name down for a TotK Link amiibo, it's probably the closest we'll ever get to Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke getting a little statue. Can always cancel I guess. 

But...

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Amiibo is up on Amazon. Not sure that's the correct RRP?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0BV9SV2WV

Holy shirtballs Batman, £28.97?! Yeah, that doesn't look right at all. Could be a placeholder considering it's a pretty random price? 

34 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Unless it's a jumbo one like the Detective Pikachu one that's just amazon cashing in, it's got to be. I expect it to be regular single Amiibo price.

I mean it's showing as £28.97 – isn't the typical amiibo RRP normally around £12.99 (I'm using a Sephiroth amiibo listing for reference) unless there's something extra to them, like the Detective Pikachu amiibo you mentioned, or even just the regular-sized amiibo with extra plastic (like the Zelda and Loftwing amiibo for Skyward Sword HD?). I could be wrong about that but it seems high to me at first glance? 

14 hours ago, Julius said:

isn't the typical amiibo RRP normally around £12.99

Yup, they are. Double packs can be about £30. Jumbo Pikachu was more than a single and I think the Loftwing Zelda was slightly more but I'm sure that was under £20. 

Heads up, some people have gotten their hands on an unannounced official TOTK art book (more than 200 pages long!) and have started posting photos online.

There are apparantly some major spoilers in that book floating around now.

Edit: The entire thing has now been scanned into a PDF document and posted online.  I would stay away from all TOTK online material now if you don't want to have the game spoilt for you.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Heads up, some people have gotten their hands on an unannounced official TOTK art book (more than 200 pages long!) and have started posting photos online.

Nintendo: let's not show them too much so that the crowd exclaiming that this is just BotW with DLC debate their beliefs ad nauseam, but actually the people they're debating this with are right – we have loads of stuff to hide so that they can experience it first when the game releases! 

Also Nintendo: let's release a 200+ page artbook featuring a bunch of things we haven't shown in our marketing yet at launch

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952a12e18f44d6cf58e2

Has no-one learned from the back of The Phantom Menace's OST and Qui-Gon's Noble End?! That was 20+ years ago!! If you have things you don't want to be spoiled in the marketing campaign, maybe hold back on your damn tie-in books and merch! 

We're 12 weeks from launch, damn it, but of course people lower down the chain are going to see your stupid 200+ page art book! 

facepalm-stephen-colbert.gif

Edited by Julius

I don't really have the words to accurately articulate how I feel about leakers and leak culture in gaming. In simple terms, I find it utterly pathetic.

Goes without saying but can this thread be leak free please, even indirect references to it when talking about something else etc.

Sad state of affairs.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 3

For anyone who has been wondering about the connections to Studio Ghibli's films, and more specifically Princess Mononoke, but for whatever reason has done themselves the disservice of not watching those films (:p), Zeltik has put out the video just for you:

But seriously go watch those films

Princess Mononoke is an 11

Fight me

• Like 1

Naturally - I'm still thinking the worst here... It's going to go Wind Waker/Skyward Sword with the random islands, but instead of a bland sea, we're going to get the same bland Hyrule we got in Breath of The Wild, but with some tweaks, namely the answer to the question in the video @darksnowman posted of "did the people of Hyrule leave the villages..." which is an obvious "yes, you fucking idiot".*. They've got 10,000 years to fap about before Ganon Returns like The Mack, it's just unfortunate that another evil has risen its head in the interim.

(and for some reason Nuts n Bolts for vehicles)

*to them Snowy, not you

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

11 hours ago, Julius said:

Princess Mononoke is an 11

It is. Go watch it if you haven't, it's stupid good!

Amiibo is available from ShopTo and TheGameCollection for £10 less than it is on Amazon at the moment – I'd guess that the Amazon price is set to be updated, but might be worth putting your name down elsewhere in the meantime to save a bit! 

Nintendo UK have also announced their pre-order bonuses, as well as additional items to bundle with the game:

Edited by Julius

Amiibo also available at GAME for £14.99, looks like it's out of stock elsewhere:

Kind of weird how the Nintendo Store don't have the Collector's Edition up yet but they do have those smaller bundles. Wonder if the Collector's Edition will end up cancelled over in Europe or something.

You guys seen these videos?
Ever since the first trailer for TotK and learning more about Zonai iconography, I couldn't help but see the parallels between the Twili & Zonai.

Also couldn't understand why Youtubers like Zeltik haven't delved into this topic yet, or maybe I missed it.
Especially the sound/voices that play near the end of the last trailer when the logo is shown sounds so very much like Twili speech, and the way the Master Sword is shown in the logo also has that quintessential Twili style.

I see a lot of similarities like they show in the videos, and I do wonder if we will see Midna again.

Interesting to see your thoughts on this.

• Like 1

Yeah, the sounds played at the end of the trailer always reminded me of Twilight Princess, glad I'm no the only one. 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, the sounds played at the end of the trailer always reminded me of Twilight Princess, glad I'm no the only one. 

I was thinking it was one of the themes played backwards, like how Ballad of the Goddess in Skyward Sword is Zelda's Lullaby backwards.

(I know technically the Ballad came first, don't at me bitches)

Q: How did you get to a $70 price figure for the upcoming Zelda game?

A: We look at what the game has to offer. I think fans will find this is an incredibly full, deeply immersive experience. The price point reflects the type of experience that fans can expect when it comes to playing this particular game. This isn’t a price point that we’ll necessarily have on all our titles. It’s actually a fairly common pricing model either here or in Europe or other parts of the world, where the pricing may vary depending on the game itself.

Thanks for the insight, Doug.

Since there've been plenty of "incredibly full, deeply immersive" Nintendo games until now that weren't $70, I'm gonna take it that you want me to believe there's added value here based on how many hectares TotK is stretched out over, especially now it spans from the depths up to the heavens. If that's really how you price these things, and you aren't just trying to wring every last dollar you can out of the fanbase, then I'm looking forward to a Zelda in the $5-10 range.

Insider Q&A-Nintendo’s Bowser

• Like 1