NEurope
Esequiel

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

5 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Christ, could you imagine if they didn't show it? "We'll have more for you later this year". I'd cry.

"To celebrate the 35th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series, we have one more announcement.

Please enjoy this new theme in Tetris 99. 

And that's it. 

Goodbye."

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Some are speculating this may actually happen....

No way.

Pretty sure most of the Treehouse event will be focused on the BotW sequel.

46 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

We're a month away from Skyward Sword HD. I can see Nintendo not showing BotW2 so that they don't overshadow it. 

1 hour ago, Julius said:

"To celebrate the 35th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series, we have one more announcement.

Please enjoy this new theme in Tetris 99. 

And that's it. 

Goodbye."

Throw in a Zelda 35 game and I'll take it!

22 minutes ago, drahkon said:

No way.

Pretty sure most of the Treehouse event will be focused on the BotW sequel.

Scan this Zelda amiibo to have her assist you in this area of the labyrinth... scan that Zelda to have her... scan this link to get a hookshot... buy the grand master DLC pack to access this... stop and swap your cartridges to... 

Coming soon!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm part of that.

Even if it does show, I don't expect much time spent on it. Mainly because I think it's gonna be a 2022 release, and expectations have already been tempered by Nintendo saying it's mostly 2021 titles.

The Horizon Forbidden West team will be hoping for a release date, so they know when not to release their game :laughing:

I think we'll get a teaser trailer with gameplay, nothing in Treehouse. They'll do a proper deep dive in September or January before a March 2022 release.

I think we'll see a trailer.

The Direct is 40 minutes, right. They must have stuff to show.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I could see this as a real possibility.  While I predict just a non-gameplay trailer, they weren’t ready just a couple of months ago and preparing something for E3 isn’t a 2-minute job. Combined with them wanting to create a strong impression along with the potential to overshadow any other Zelda remakes coming this year, they may not want to.  If that was what they’re considering, I don’t think my own personal disappointment in that decision would make much difference to them...

There is zero chance they won't show us something. They didn't show anything last Direct because of the Skyward Sword announcement (it would have gotten buried on news sites if they also showed BOTW info). Now it's time.

3 hours ago, Julius said:

My biggest question is around the shrines, to be honest. They can't be the same, right? But then there were 120 in just the base game for BotW, so that seems like a bit of an undertaking (though I guess they've had time!), but what's there in their place? Or are they just gone now? Could they be replaced to some extent by longer main quest lines? 

They've had potentially 5 years, putting in another 120 would be expected I think. If shrines are back (and I hope they are), i'd like to see a different visual style to them this time around. Have them themed around locations. You kind of had that in BOTW with shrines by the sea involving water puzzles or ones on Death Mountain using lava in some way, but the shrines themselves all looked identical.

Edited by Ronnie

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

There is zero chance they won't show us something.

It's going to be a logo reveal and move on, isn't it. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Helmsly said:

Weird that the first trailer was very much focused on underground and this one was very much on the sky. Best way to expand the map is vertically, for sure, but definitely a weird showing. 

2022 and showed so little, not even a title (still). A little nervous to be honest, but then again, their Direct was packed, hopefully they're saving it for something down the road. 

• Like 1

There were a couple of moments there where it looked like "Link" had longer hair but camera never panned around, like face and front were being hidden..... Wondering is Zelda playable....or a new character? Or maybe just different head armour changes Links hairstyle like in BotW anyway

Edit:

Actually watching back again it doesn't appear to be Zelda, the long hair appears to go with an exposed right arm which seems to have a tattoo on it....same arm that appears to get corrupted by Malice...

Some sort of dual character possessed Link mechanic maybe?

• Like 1

Looks great! Relieved to see a new 'overworld' of sorts. If it's out in 12+ months plenty of time to show more. Personally was only expecting another teaser anyway. They've too much else out in 2021 to put too much focus on it.

31 minutes ago, Mokong said:

There were a couple of moments there where it looked like "Link" had longer hair but camera never panned around, like face and front were being hidden..... Wondering is Zelda playable....or a new character? Or maybe just different head armour changes Links hairstyle like in BotW anyway

Edit:

Actually watching back again it doesn't appear to be Zelda, the long hair appears to go with an exposed right arm which seems to have a tattoo on it....same arm that appears to get corrupted by Malice...

Feels like the magical arm thing that was sealing Ganon away from the first trailer possesses Link. Maybe the new gimmick for this game?

I've not seen the trailer a second time though yet so only guessing

Edited by Ronnie

Yeah, I'm rewatching this a bunch. Still feel like this game has yet to have a trailer of the calibre of Breath of the Wild's E3 2016 or January 2017 Switch Presentation ones, but I'm stoked. 

Some stuff from rewatching it:

• love that shot of Link falling after the light emerging from the darkness, very Skyward Sword. Was hopeful in my post this morning that the castle going into the sky was a sign of the map expanding vertically (in the skies and underground), and very happy that seems to be the way that they're going with this. 

• the more and more Breath of the Wild stuff we see, the more and more difficult it's going to be to convince me that Fujibayashi and others high up in the creative process are not MASSIVE fans of Princess Mononoke. How the first game ended, the arm here from the first trailer, the fact it appears to be cursed but also provides some sort of benefit (strength or otherwise), the melancholy of the open world...gah, it's got that vibe. If any of you haven't seen Princess Mononoke before but are big fans of Breath of the Wild (or are just a big fan of cinema in general), it's on Netflix, so you have now excuse! One of my absolute favourite films. 

• that ancient golem looking thing with the Sheikah eye looks cool, and bokoblins camping out on a Stone Talus is absolutely hilarious. 

• I can't remember if Link's nails were that apparent in the first game, but that shot of his arm being taken over makes me think he needs to cut them. Dude's bearing some claws!

• that new Rune which seems to reverse time (?) by stopping and setting that rolling spike ball back up the hill looks cool as heck. 

• dragon head flamethrower gauntlet looks awesome!!! 

• when the weird chant-sounding stuff from the first trailer comes in, it sounds much more pronounced than before. Imagine playing it backwards will probably say some more stuff! 

• Castle Town seemingly confirmed to be fine, looks like it's strictly the castle that's taking off and was a pretty clean break

• I'm guessing I wasn't the only one left waiting on that shot of the castle against the sunset for a title, right? 

Also, really need to shout out the music in this trailer after we transition to the light. I LOOOOOVE that melody and how it builds and then crescendoes from 0:39 to 0:50. And I adore the erhu, that lonely erhu at the end sent chills down my spine (just like when we occasionally got to hear it in the first game). 

Really hope this makes 2022, which if we don't see too many delays is quickly stacking up. Between this, Final Fantasy XVI, Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarök, Starfield, and probably some others I'm forgetting...hoo boy. If none of them get delayed I think we could see one of the most split years for GOTY across the industry, it's absolutely stacked! 

Edited by Julius

7 minutes ago, Julius said:

I'm guessing I wasn't the only one left waiting on that shot of the castle against the sunset for a title, right? 

100%. It was so long I was almost cringing from the awkwardness :laughing:

It felt like a pretty rushed trailer tbh, but like Mando season 2 they know they don't need to show too much. People are already in for this.

7 minutes ago, Julius said:

Also, really need to shout out the music in this trailer after we transition to the light. I LOOOOOVE that melody and how it builds and then crescendoes from 0:39 to 0:50. And I adore the erhu, that lonely erhu at the end sent chills down my spine (just like when we occasionally got to hear it in the first game). 

I wasn't too impressed with the music at first but maybe I need to listen to it some more. The first thing I thought of was they did the same thing as Skyward Sword and it was a reversed track of a classic Zelda tune.

And yeah next year looks amazing if everything hits as it should. Splatoon 3 too, probably not GOTY but it'll still sell 10-15+ million. 

Edited by Ronnie

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Edit:

Theory…

• Like 1

Still watching the video over and over haha

Two thoughts.
I like the idea floating around that "Other Link" (this is how I will refer to him as till Nintendo give us more info) could be the Link from 10,000 years ago when Calamity Gannon was first sealed.

But will it be Link travelling back in time to live as that Link...or is it a spirit that has possessed Link and you can change between the two forms to access different abilities (think Wolf Link)... But the more you use the "Other form" the more the possession spreads, if it spreads too far Link loses all control and game over. But there'll be some sort of collectable that will reduce the effect like replenishing health.

Also still hoping this game takes on a darker tone similar to Majora's Mask so it and BotW can be like the OOT and MM of the Switch :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kav said:

I’d love to see Loftwings in this game!

The new Loftwing Amiibo that is coming with Skyward Sword HD....what if that is used in BotW2 similar to the Wolf Link Amibbo from Twilight Princess HD worked on BotW!!!

• Like 1

“As for why we’re holding back on the name, you’ll just have to stay tuned because, obviously, Zelda names are kind of important,” Trinen says during our interview. “Those subtitles… they start to give little bits of hints about maybe what’s going to happen.”

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

“As for why we’re holding back on the name, you’ll just have to stay tuned because, obviously, Zelda names are kind of important,” Trinen says during our interview. “Those subtitles… they start to give little bits of hints about maybe what’s going to happen.”

Ah yes, the aptly named The Legend of Zelda: Zelda Dies, Link Gets an Infection, And Yes, There is Time Travel, MUHAHAHAHAHA :laughing:

Jokes aside though, anyone got any more title predictions based on the trailer? 

I liked Whisper of Malice before, but there's no way that they're not incorporating the sky into this somehow after that trailer (plus, other than the start, it seemed much more hopeful and bright than that first trailer!). If there is a time travel element as @Kav and @Mokong have been speculating about, especially if it has something to do with what's going on in the sky, I wonder if it could be something like Pastward Skies

Jury's still out for me on just how they will want to name it in terms of potentially incorporating "Breath of the Wild", I think just in terms of marketing it'd make things much easier for them to (and based on what Bill's saying there's no way it'll just be something like Skies of the Wild, right?). Something like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 - Pastward Skies doesn't seem too long (though I'm imagining it's footprint on the front of a box and it is pretty long!), though anything longer than two words for that second subtitle probably would be and so they for sure wouldn't incorporate "Breath of the Wild" if so. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Death of the Wild.

I think they are waiting to name it until we have finished brainstorming. :D 

"We did our research into what you thought it would be, and went with the only thing we came across. Welcome to The Legend of Zelda: Wii Sports Resort Skydiving+:laughing: