NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Elden Ring (25th February 2022)

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Are Sites of Grace in Caelid rarer compared to Limgrave and Lunaria? I feel like I missed a few, but I generally explore quite thoroughly.

Not really. I've just checked my map and I have 12 of them unlocked.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not really. I've just checked my map and I have 12 of them unlocked.

Yeah, I'm blind. :D Found quite a few now.

I'll never reach BFF status with Caelid. It's not aesthetically pleasing to me, I hate those big-beaked-bird-bitches and that swamp can suck it. :p 
I have to admit, though, the atmosphere is awesome. Bleak, dead, full of despair. 

Fought...

Spoiler

...another (K)night Rider (that's how I call them :p) and for this one I chose a horseback battle. It was a pretty intense jousting match :laughing: 

Also found...

Spoiler

...a dragon. Will take it on tomorrow :peace: 

But first I'll finish the Caelid Catacombs I just stumbled across. Can't wait!

There's still quite a lot for me to do in this red wasteland. I have the north-west and north-east of it to explore and Redmane Castle needs to be conquered eventually. Not to mention an area south of what's mentioned in the second spoiler tag.
I do wonder if there is a main boss waiting for me somewhere in Caelid. Looking forward to finding out.

• Like 1

Them birds are a great source of exp. Just stick really close to their chest and they can't really hit you.

Just finished off the next main boss. Fantastic battle and a very unique fight for the series. I look forward to reading what others think of it.

I also took on another mini boss and the fight was harder than it should have been. Right in the middle of the battle my PS5 controller ran out of charge. I was frantically scrambling around trying to get the charging cable in before I died. Luckily I had summoned the wolf pack just before all of this happened and they took most of the hits. A pretty straightforward fight became a frantic scramble. 

One of the most disappointing aspects of the PS5 is the battery life of the controller. Probably for the best that it needed charging. I was up at half 5 yesterday morning for work and yet I'm still sat up playing this. :D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Them birds are a great source of exp. Just stick really close to their chest and they can't really hit you.

Nope. Hate 'em, will avoid them at all costs. :p 

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

One of the most disappointing aspects of the PS5 is the battery life of the controller.

Whenever I read those statements I always think: "How freaking long do you play at a time?" :laughing: 
In my most recent longer session (7 hours of H:FW a few weeks ago), my fully charged controller dropped 1 power bar. And when I stop playing, I charge it. I never have problems with battery life (well, sometimes with my PSVita, but that's 'cause I overclock it :D).

Gonna throw in a quick two hour study session now and then spend all of this Saturday conquering Caelid.

Edited by drahkon

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Whenever I read those statements I always think: "How freaking long do you play at a time?" :laughing: 

Too long. :D 

Everything is coming together nicely at the moment. Got a fantastic new armour set that has finally replaced my starter set, found a nice grinding spot that nets me 20,000 runes every 2-3 mins, got the ridiculous OP summon now at my disposal, nabbed the item that increases the runes dropped by enemies and have upgraded my sword to +14. Lovely stuff.

Only got 4-5 hours sleep and was back on this again. I'm hooked. Having a set plan, moving quickly around the overworld and getting straight to the nitty gritty has paid off massively for me. I enjoying the game much, much more now.

So what’s the verdict on Elden Ring and people who didn’t really click with previous souls games? 

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Too long. :D 

Fair enough :D 

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

found a nice grinding spot that nets me 20,000 runes every 2-3 mins

Now now, my friend. Tell me of this place (as spoiler-less as possible, please :p).

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I enjoying the game much, much more now.

Great to hear :peace: 
So the "legacy dungeons" (I think that's what they are officially referred to), i.e. the "Souls dungeons" with big bosses, are what you hoped/expected them to be?

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

So what’s the verdict on Elden Ring and people who didn’t really click with previous souls games? 

A friend of mine, who's only played the first Dark Souls and dropped it pretty early on absolutely loves Elden Ring

This is all I can tell you, 'cause I enjoy the Souls games and also love Elden Ring :p 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

The lad at work playing this has a couple of friends who couldn't get into the series but both are really enjoying the game. I think this game is the Monster Hunter World moment for the series in that it was a franchise that was pretty inaccessible but has now finally found mainstream appeal.

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Now now, my friend. Tell me of this place (as spoiler-less as possible, please :p).

Great to hear :peace: 
So the "legacy dungeons" (I think that's what they are officially referred to), i.e. the "Souls dungeons" with big bosses, are what you hoped/expected them to be?

Yeah, the dungeons are what I'm here for and they've been fantastic so far. Exactly what I was wanting.

As for the grinding area, have you been to any huge underground areas yet? If so, let me know which ones you've been to and I'll let you know if you have access to it yet. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, the dungeons are what I'm here for and they've been fantastic so far. Exactly what I was wanting.

Awesome :) 

As for the grinding area, have you been to any huge underground areas yet? If so, let me know which ones you've been to and I'll let you know if you have access to it yet. 

Spoiler

Siofra River and Ainsel River

I think there's more to see that what I've explored so far, but I can't access it, yet (or I just don't know how).

You're a while from it yet. You're on the right path by exploring the first of those places you mentioned. Although it may depend on how far along you are with one of the main quests.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're a while from it yet. You're on the right path by exploring the first of those places you mentioned. Although it may depend on how far along you are with one of the main quests.

I'll just wait and see if I figure it out naturally.

Anyway, I'm off to Caelid now :D 

Need to take a break...

Two boss fights are kicking my ass.

Spoiler

Putrid Avatar near an Erdtree.

He two-shots me and is tanky as hell :( Had him down to one hit and got greedy. I hate myself. I hate this game. I love this game.

Spoiler

Fucking two beastmen gank fight.
Annoying.

Welp, time for Bundesliga. Go FC Bayern Munich :p 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:
  Caelid boss in a cave (Reveal hidden contents)

Fucking two beastmen gank fight.
Annoying.

I won. And got 65k souls. Highest I've gotten from a single encounter so far...
Am I in a high level area? :D 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just finished off the next main boss. Fantastic battle and a very unique fight for the series. I look forward to reading what others think of it.

Was it the one in Caelid?

Spoiler

Radahn

HOLY SHIT, what a battle. 
Summoning all the others and seeing them march into battle...goosebumps :D 

Only took me two tries, which is surprising. Radahn hits hard and my first attempt ended pretty quickly.

Second attempt was a lot easier. I managed to dodge new attacks instantly and immediately learned their characteristics. I was quite impressed with myself. :cool: 

One of the coolest, most amazing and incredible boss fights I've ever experienced. :bowdown: 

Now that Caelid field boss mentioned in an earlier post/spoiler...still too much for me. I may resort to assigning more FP flasks and make him my bitch with sorceries from a distance :p 

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Was it the one in Caelid?

Main story boss spoilers - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED (Hide contents)

Radahn

HOLY SHIT, what a battle. 
Summoning all the others and seeing them march into battle...goosebumps :D 

Only took me two tries, which is surprising. Radahn hits hard and my first attempt ended pretty quickly.

Second attempt was a lot easier. I managed to dodge new attacks instantly and immediately learned their characteristics. I was quite impressed with myself. :cool: 

One of the coolest, most amazing and incredible boss fights I've ever experienced. :bowdown: 

Now that Caelid field boss mentioned in an earlier post/spoiler...still too much for me. I may resort to assigning more FP flasks and make him my bitch with sorceries from a distance :p 

Yup. That's the one. Absolutely fantastic and epic fight. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Absolutely fantastic and epic fight. 

Indeed.

And now I've finally reached...

Spoiler

...NokronEternal City.

After the fight against RadahnBlaidd told me to find that place. It could only be somewhere at or around Siofra River. Went to Mistwood and found a huge crater. Didn't expect terraforming in Elden Ring :D 

This game is a marvel!

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Indeed.

And now I've finally reached...

location spoilers!!! (Hide contents)

...NokronEternal City.

After the fight against RadahnBlaidd told me to find that place. It could only be somewhere at or around Siofra River. Went to Mistwood and found a huge crater. Didn't expect terraforming in Elden Ring :D 

This game is a marvel!

I love that place. You're heading in the right direction for that grinding spot...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're heading in the right direction for that grinding spot...

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ddd9536b4b2abddea0216d137043496a5d540bc8&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Haha 1

Part of me wishes they removed fast travel from this game. As much as it would have pained me, the idea of being stuck in some of the areas I've found myself in until I could git gud would have made for great stories.

Looks like there's an easy mode item...

Spoiler

Mimic Tear Ashes

Immediately  used them in an area after I got them. This is actually overpowered :laughing: Doesn't do a lot of damage but can tank like a...tank. Yeah, I won't be using this.

Edit: FUCKING GOOD OLD SOULS BOSS.

Spoiler

There had to be a Gargoyle.

And yes, there had to be another fucking Gargoyle. 

Why, oh why :D 

Edited by drahkon

Yeah, that's the summon I was talking about earlier. It's ridiculously OP, especially if you have a good build.

I think a few of the summons need looking at because most of them can break a boss fight to the point where you can sit back and let the heavy lifting be done by them. I imagine they'll leave them as they are though. It's a good addition for players new to the series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:
  Boss spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

There had to be a Gargoyle.

And yes, there had to be another fucking Gargoyle. 

@Hero-of-Time tell me something. To reach the farming spot, do I have to win this battle? 
It's kicking my ass to the moon and back :laughing: 

12 minutes ago, drahkon said:

@Hero-of-Time tell me something. To reach the farming spot, do I have to win this battle? 
It's kicking my ass to the moon and back :laughing: 

I don't think so. I don't recall fighting that boss so you must have went a different way to me.

• Thanks 1

I don't think so. I don't recall fighting that boss so you must have went a different way to me.

Interesting. Then I have no clue where that farming spot's supposed to be. :D 

Sign in to follow this