NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Yooka Laylee And The Impossible Lair

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Putting nostalgia to one side, I think it's better than the original trilogy. The standard levels are fantastic but it's the overworld exploration that adds a little something special to the mix.

That seals the deal. :D
Will get this later after I'm done gushing at how ridiculously good Demon's Souls looks :o

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

That seals the deal. :D
Will get this later after I'm done gushing at how ridiculously good Demon's Souls looks :o

You know it’s the same price on the Switch eShop?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I do :p

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I didn't though. Just gonna pry myself away from Kingdom Hearts Theatrhythm for a bit.

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I didn't though. Just gonna pry myself away from Kingdom Hearts Theatrhythm for a bit.

At least call it by its proper name.

Funnily enough, I just ordered that today. I seen it dropped to £27 over on Amazon and so picked it up. PS4 version of course. :p I wasn't sold on the demo but I need to see what happens to Kairi after the events of KH3.

43 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

At least call it by its proper name.

No, they can disguise it all they like, but it's a rhythm game with music from a Square Enix series with RPG elements. It's Theatrhythm.

Just saw the credits, BTW. Had a feeling me not playing KH3 left me a bit more lost than is usual for a Kingdom Hearts game.

Also, Kingdom Hearts, not everything has to be canon, you know!

Edited by Glen-i

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Also, Kingdom Hearts, not everything has to be canon, you know!

That's not how Nomura works. :D 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's not how Nomura works. :D 

Fair point.

Despite me not playing KH3, I'm still not as confused as Dream Drop Distance.

Fun game, utter nonsense of a plot!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Fair point.

Despite me not playing KH3, I'm still not as confused as Dream Drop Distance.

Fun game, utter nonsense of a plot!

I'm just excited to play a rhythm game that has Let It Go on its track list. :D 

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm just excited to play a rhythm game that has Let It Go on its track list. :D 

You know, I was always kinda middling on that song. It was fine, but I never cared.

But then I played it on this game, and I kinda like it now. Something about tapping buttons along with it really elevated it in my eyes.

(Also, a handful of actual Disney songs being in there really surprised me, thought Disney wouldn't do that)

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Yeah, I agree. Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a good game.

Oh crap! I legit forgot what thread this was!

Uhhhh... I've downloaded it on Switch, therefore making me relevant to this game!

Picked this up on my Switch at the start of the year, it's on Game Pass now so I'm chievo hunting while going through it again, cracking game! 

For me, the overworld is the standout and much better than the individual levels, although they do make some interesting remixes of each one. I never actually got around to finishing the impossible lair itself on Switch, so hoping I'll get that done this time.

I can't get a spoiler tag to work for some reason but from my time on the switch I didn't even realise that a house fire made the game even longer, so found something new on this play through, which is great!

• Like 2

Finished a few levels and advanced through two paywalls :D

This game is a blast :peace:

The levels and overworld are just a joy to play through :)

• Like 3

Beaten all the levels and found the secret Beetallion members too, so I'm at a full 48. Had a quick bash at the Impossible Lair and made it to Capital B again (no idea if he has more than 2 fights) but I only had 4 bees left so I got a certain way into it before succumbing to him.

Alot of talk before Xmas about a genuine Banjo game, and alot of people saying Playtonic aren't up to the job...I think the overworld is magical but the levels themselves are in patches excellent but a few duds here and there too. I love for them to do another 3D game but more Kazooie like and less Tooie like, the original Yooka Laylee was just too big and a more condensed game could have been brilliant!

• Like 1

Seven levels in.

This game is everything the Donkey Kong games want to be.
Right amount of challenge, fun levels, amazing overworld, lovely graphics and awesome music. :peace:

I'm sure the Donkey Kong games are happy being called some of the finest 2D platformers ever made tbh.

• Haha 1

Now that I'm done with Yakuza: Like a Dragon I I'll be able to put more time into this.

Tried the alternate version of level 8 and good lord, some of the T.W.I.T. Coins are tough to find :o 

Haven't given the Impossible Lair a try, yet. I doubt I'll get very far with only 14 bees, though :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Haven't given the Impossible Lair a try, yet. I doubt I'll get very far with only 14 bees, though :D 

Didn't they nerf the lair after people complained to was too hard? You should give it a go and see how far you get.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Didn't they nerf the lair after people complained to was too hard? You should give it a go and see how far you get.

No idea, to be honest.
Will definitely give it a shot later today.

They added the possibility to have checkpoints at some points through it.

I never completed it, despite having almost all bees, I think. It wasn't because I wouldn't be able to do it, I just didn't want to spend 3 or 4 hours trying to in order to memorize everything and be able to avoid most obstacles. So I just found that I was happy enough with nearly completing the game.

Edited by MindFreak

Tried it, died.

No idea if I made any real progress as I don't know how long it is. :D

Made some dumb mistakes, though, i.e. I lost 5 bees at the same hazard...

Will finish the other levels before trying again, though.

• Haha 1

100 T.W.I.T. Coins, 23 Bees and 29 Tonics are mine. So pretty much half-way through the game.

Absolutely loving it.

There's so much polish everywhere.
Level design is awesome. Wanna play it fast? Make use of the certain flow each level has. Wanna find secrets? Take it slow and look around.
At first I thought having two versions of each level (I assume each level has one) is a bit lazy, but boy oh boy was I wrong. The alternate versions play out very differently and it's such a joy to play them.

And the overworld...THE OVERWORLD.
Filled with secrets, puzzles and awesome NPCs.

Obviously, there's also that Playtonic Games charm and humor :laughing:

Spoiler

Fannee cracked me up :laughing:

Sometimes it pays off to have a relative large knowledge of the English language :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 more Bees, a few more T.W.I.T. Coins and Tonics are mine.

Won't have time to play much more before Saturday evening :( It's a shame. This is a game that puts a smile on my face every second :D

Can't believe this game is even better than Playtonic Games' first. :peace:

On 20/01/2021 at 10:45 PM, drahkon said:

NPC name spoiler (Reveal hidden contents)

Fannee cracked me up :laughing:

Sometimes it pays off to have a relative large knowledge of the English language :D

Spoiler

FanN-E is what we considered before settling on "N-Europe Forum Aficionado" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Sign in to follow this