NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Nintendo at E3 2019 - 5 Predictions

So with there being just TEN DAYS till Nintendo's E3 showing, I though it might be fun for us all to predict five things from their Tournaments/Direct/Treehouse/E3 presence in general.

Obviously I'd suggest steering clear of obvious things like "They'll show Luigi's Mansion 3." and stuff like that. It'll be way more interesting if we all predict less obvious things, positive and negative. Or random stuff like Doug Bowser will show up with a Bowser pin on etc.

Only five though, them's the rules sorry. :heh:Also, please no talk or suggestion of leaks here, if you want to please use spoilers tags.

I'll kick things off...

Mario + Rabbids 2 - If this is a thing it'll show up first in Ubisoft obv. Two years since the original, a game that was a huge success commercially and critically, it's an obvious sequel. Coming August this year. I was tempted to suggest Zelda + Rabbids, but I can't see Nintendo wanting 3 Zelda games out in the same year.

Cadence of Hyrule shadow drop - Similar to Hollow Knight last year: "and it's available NOW!".

Link's Awakening having no new content - I really, really hope this won't be the case, but I can easily see them giving it a fancy coat of paint, making some gameplay/QOL/UI tweaks and calling it a day.

Animal Crossing delayed to 2020 - Please understand. Pokemon/Zelda/Luigi being their big end of year games. It'll still release in Q1 though.

Minecraft Steve is the 2nd Smash DLC - Sorry Banjo fans.

• Like 1

Ooooh, fun! I don't have quite enough time to think of 5, so I'll have to get back to this once I do. But I've got one already.

Banjo is revealed for Smash DLC - Why do you hate the 90's @RonnieWhy? You need to embrace British Bears with silly voices into your life. I don't think he'll be the 2nd character (A lot of signs point to a certain other character for that), so I'm not gonna be specific. He's the only character to ever pull off shorts without looking like a tool, he has a shark tooth necklace which obviously means he's punched a shark so hard, it's teeth fell out. And you have him to thank for a certain part in Mario Odyssey.

T-Rex_Banjo_BT.jpg

Mario's a hack. Banjo's been doing it 17 years before it was cool. And he doesn't have some rubbish time limit set on it. Oh, and he also brings some female representation in the form of Kazooie.

Steve blows, Banjo's the Microsoft character that should have really been in Smash since Brawl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Banjo in Smash. Rare Replay coming to Switch. That's all I need.

Maybe a new Xenoblade X would be nice.

Edit: @Ronnie I'm sure Cadence has just been confirmed for June 13, so you could well be right.

Edited by Nicktendo

I'm pretty sure a new Splatoon is going to be revealed, it's been 2 years since the last one so seems the right time for a sequel. While watching the Easy Allies podcast last night I had a brainwave that Ubisoft cancelled the Switch port of Steep so they could work on a 1080 Snowboarding reboot so I'm putting my money on that being the Ubisoft conference Switch surprise this year. 

I really hope Animal Crossing isn't delayed into next year, I'm really looking forward to it but I can understand your thinking Ronnie, there doesn't seem much space for it in the release schedule with Astral Chain in August, Luigi in October & Pokémon and Zelda in November. September is pretty open but that doesn't give them much lead time if they announce a release date at E3. 

I reckon we'll get another big game announced for a December release though, whether that's Retro's unannounced project or something like a port of Xenoblade X remains to be seen but I'm convinced Nintendo has something else up their sleeves to add to the already stacked back half of the year.

• Like 1

Alright here's some links long shots. Bet big/win big.

1. Sub Zero/Scorpion for Smash 

2. Mario sunshine remaster

3. Labo add-on with cooking mama tie in

4. Next Zelda announcement

5. Pikmin 4 reveal

And there won't be anything on Prime 4. And I'll weep.

• Like 1

I ADORE the 90s, I just never played Banjo. 

In an ideal world they’d both be in. Banjo for the fans, Steve coz if Smash is to be a celebration of gaming, Minecraft has to be in.

Edited by Ronnie

1. Wave Race for Switch

2. SNES games to be part of the online package

3. New Paper Mario (or hopefully a TYD remaster/port)

4. Super Mario 3D World

5. Some kind of Smash Bros update. 

Ultimately disappointing 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

1. Wave Race for Switch

2. SNES games to be part of the online package

3. New Paper Mario (or hopefully a TYD remaster/port)

4. Super Mario 3D World

5. Some kind of Smash Bros update. 

Ultimately disappointing 

Wave Race, new Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, 3D World port, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario Maker, Link's Awakening... I'll take that disappointment!

Sorry, that was meant as a sneaky sixth prediction. That none of my list would happen and it would be ultimately disappointing. 

• Like 1

It says a lot about Switch that it's already fulfilled most of my wishes, but here are some hopes/predictions:

1. Dragon Quest VIII remaster

2. SEGA AGES Golden Axe or Spider-Man: The Arcade Game

3. The Enchanted Cave 2 ported to Switch

4. 2D Metroid developed by WayForward 

5. The next Zelda is announced for Switch.  It takes ages to develop and is eventually repurposed as a Switch 2 launch game.

• Thanks 2

1. Eldrick/Loto for Smash DLC - Fairly sure it'll be him. Could be a slime, but I'm betting on him

2. The 3rd Smash DLC will also be announced - Whoever they are.

3. A significant Dragon Quest showing - Nintendo and/or Enix will announce compilations, remasters and/or remakes of the series' entries for Switch

4. Tekken 7 and King of Fighters XV coming to Switch - I want to believe

5. Mole Mania: Man on the Mole - Obviously

Also, a shadow-drop of Cadence of Hyrule, but that's low hanging fruit.

• Thanks 2

I'm going realistic with this one...

1: Erdrick for Smash: This one is a no brainer.  Dragon Quest 11s will probably get a new trailer and a release date here, so this is the natural tie-in announcement.

2: SNES games come to Nintendo Switch Online: This was promised literally two years ago.  It's overdue.

3: Collection of Mana: This was recently trademarked in Europe, so I reckon it'll be announced here.  I for one am super excited about finally getting Seiken Densetsu 3 in English! :D 

4: Pikmin 3 DX: A port of Pikmin 3 to Switch with extra content.

5: Banjo Kazooie returns to Nintendo: This could actually get revealed at the Microsoft conference instead of Nintendo's one; but I reckon we're gonna see the bear & bird return to Nintendo platforms!

It's crazy to think that the last one is actually a realistic possiblity now, and not crazy fanboy nonsense! :bouncy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

1: Erdrick for Smash: This one is a no brainer.  Dragon Quest 11s will probably get a new trailer and a release date here, so this is the natural tie-in announcement.

2: SNES games come to Nintendo Switch Online: This was promised literally two years ago.  It's overdue.

3: Collection of Mana: This was recently trademarked in Europe, so I reckon it'll be announced here.  I for one am super excited about finally getting Seiken Densetsu 3 in English! :D 

5: Banjo Kazooie returns to Nintendo: This could actually get revealed at the Microsoft conference instead of Nintendo's one; but I reckon we're gonna see the bear & bird return to Nintendo platforms!

There's no need for me to put my predictions down because you've done it for me! No word of a lie, you literally stole all of mine. Great minds think alike. :D 

• Haha 3

Nintendogs + cats + rabbits

New Four Swords multiplayer packaged with Link's Awakening

Pikmin HD trilogy with a small teaser for #4

Whatever Retro has been working on since Tropical Freeze

New low budget Mode 7 style F-Zero free on Nintendo Online subscription

• Like 1

OK, Here we go...

1. Banjo-Kazooie for Smash - With a trailer featuring Minecraft Steve getting pecked by Kazooie for digging up parts of Spiral Mountain :D  (Steve will feature as a costume)
  2. F-Zero GX HD - Very simple really, give Nintendo fans what they've wanted for... quite a while now assuming we aren't getting a new F-Zero, just remaster F-Zero GX. 
  3. Pikmin Collection - All three Pikmin titles (you could chuck Hey! Pikmin! in there as well but...) ::shrug: in HD with the option of either motion or conventional controls.
  4. SNES games for Nintendo Switch Online - We've established that the Virtual Console is dead (R.I.P.) :(  you've trickled out NES games, now do the same with SNES.
  5. Mother 3 fully translated release/HD remake for Switch - This has gone on for long enough, at this point only a physical release or remake would be appropriate.

Sure, there's other stuff but Collection of Mana we technically know about even though that doesn't make is any less monumental. :peace:

I'd love to see Rare Replay come to Switch as well but it's one of those things I just can't see happening... until it happens, I'll believe it when I see it but would love it to happen.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I'd love to see Rare Replay come to Switch as well but it's one of those things I just can't see happening... until it happens, I'll believe it when I see it but would love it to happen.

I was chatting about this yesterday, it makes no sense whatsoever to keep Rare Replay on Xbox. It's, what, three years old? It's draw as a console-selling exclusive is over. MS would have a million sales in week one if they released it on Switch. Probably over 5 minimum lifetime. Basically they could probably get at least a half return on the money they paid for Rare just by selling it on Switch :D

• Thanks 2

1. Kid Icarus Uprising HD

2. Nintendo HD Racing Collection: Excite Truck, Wave Race Blue Storm, 1080 Avalanche and F-Zero GX HD Remasters

3. Little King’s Story: a New Kingdom

4. No More Heroes 3

5. Epic Donald

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Nicktendo said:

I was chatting about this yesterday, it makes no sense whatsoever to keep Rare Replay on Xbox. It's, what, three years old? It's draw as a console-selling exclusive is over. MS would have a million sales in week one if they released it on Switch. Probably over 5 minimum lifetime. Basically they could probably get at least a half return on the money they paid for Rare just by selling it on Switch :D

Oh absolutely! I completely agree, the game came out on the Xbox One on 4th August 2015 (according to my Rare Replay poster) :D so its exclusivity should be over by now.

Heck, I was telling people about the game in conversations if ever I saw that someone owned an Xbox One, I'd make a point of telling them about Rare Replay...

...did they care though? Nope, not really... :( the sad reality is that even with 30 classic games, people like whatever games they like and that's fine but it meant that Rare Replay definitely missed out on some potential sales, or rather I would say the people who didn't buy it really missed out on several classics unless these kind of games really weren't the kind of games they were after, it's just that growing up with these games, I find it hard to fathom why anyone wouldn't at least enjoy three games out of the thirty at the very least and that's me being pessimistic about games which I would regard as classics for the most part. ::shrug:

At this point though, you can pick up Rare Replay for £10 or less which is criminally good value in my books but I think on the Switch, with a few other certain games in the collection or possibly even more or minus some of the Xbox titles, however they want to do it, Rare Replay would definitely sell well on the Switch, plus the console would have a distinct advantage over the Xbox One version... if you wanted to play local multiplayer on some games, you had to be either signed in and/or online as well... for offline multiplayer. :blank:

I would love for Rare Replay to come to Switch, if it doesn't then as you say it's easily money on the table for Microsoft, more than that though I guess Rare and Nintendo would get something out of it as well, which is nice and would be a dream come true to see Rare come back to Nintendo with their classics in at least some form, it's a situation with no down-sides for anyone... well except maybe for Sony I suppose but I don't think Rare Replay would be on the table for PS4/PS5 as they have hardly any history with Rare, if that happened too though, it would still sell so I'd never rule it out but for the Switch... definitely. :peace:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dcubed said:

It's crazy to think that the last one is actually a realistic possiblity now, and not crazy fanboy nonsense! :bouncy:

add to that some Link's awakening and the next Zelda tease and i'm sorted.

E3 seems to come round super fast, until its the last two weeks and then it seems so far away

1. Another Nintendo/Ubisoft collaboration. Seeing as they've already worked with Mario and Star Fox I guess the next likely IP (if there really is another joint venture) would be Zelda, but because we've got the Link's Awakening remake and Cadence of Hyrule on the way as well, that might be a bit too much Zelda. If there isn't another crossover game on the way though, perhaps there will be some more DLC for the existing ones, in which case I reckon Samus and her Gunship would make for a cool addition to Starlink, and Wario would be perfect to join (and fart with) the Rabbids. :grin:

2. SNES games for Nintendo Switch Online. This is long overdue so I'd hope to see the first batch of titles become available directly after Nintendo's event. Perhaps they could also reveal the next system that will be joining the service in the future... GB, N64? I'd like to see SNES (and any future systems) get added to the existing Switch Online app, with an updated icon and menu system. Enabling online play with random players would be good too.

3. The next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate newcomer. As for predicting who it'll be, well that's a tough one. The only certainty is that it probably won't be a character I really care about. Banjo is a good shout, as is Erdrick. We shall see. As long as it's not Minecraft Steve, which would be a horrific waste of a character slot. :shakehead ( @S.C.G, I really like your idea of him being a Mii costume.) I suppose we could see another new mode added to Smash too, like Home-Run Contest or Break the Targets, although I'm more than happy now that we have Stage Builder. :)

4. A Switch game from Toshihiro Nagoshi/Sega. He was at the Switch reveal event but as far as I know there's been nothing rumoured or announced since. Now that the Yakuza games have been heading to PC, I imagine a port of Zero or Kiwami is possible. Binary Domain too. Selfishly though (as I've played all of those already) I'd rather see a new Super Monkey Ball, an F-Zero GX port/sequel or just something entirely new.

5. New Switch hardware. If not the rumoured mini or Pro revisions then something else, like updated Joy-Cons (that don't have crappy analogue sticks) in new colours or game themed limited editions. Personally I'd love to see Nintendo announce a nice VR headset shell for the Switch, complete with a head strap :heh: and then continue to announce VR modes for existing and future titles, starting with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Anyway, It's been cool reading everyone's predictions ( @Mandalore, I'm especially liking "Nintendogs + cats + rabbits" :D and the "New Mode 7 F-Zero") here's to a fun E3 2019!

:peace:

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well most of mine have also been suggested, so I’ve had to amend a few:

1) Sephiroth revealed as newest Smash fighter (the most obvious reveals are Banjo-Kazooie / Erdrick), which is why there’s currently so little Final Fantasy music.

2) Port time! Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Wii Sports.

3) A Western release for Mother 3!

4) 3rd party sequels: Mario + Rabbids 2, a new Professor Layton & a new Phoenix Wright, plus further details on Hollow Knight: Silksong.

5) Metroid Dread - back from the dead to fill the void before Prime 4.

Edited by WackerJr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this