Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Ghostbusters

The pretty damn good PS3/360 Ghostbusters game (that is essentially the third film) is getting a remaster, and Switch is included in consoles.

Back then I believe it got pretty good reviews. But I forgot about the artstyle, and this remake seems to be completely different in that regard. Not sure what I'd prefer, though I have a slight interest since I missed the game back then.

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Back then I believe it got pretty good reviews. But I forgot about the artstyle, and this remake seems to be completely different in that regard. Not sure what I'd prefer, though I have a slight interest since I missed the game back then.

The Wii/PS2 versions were cellshaded/cartoony. The other versions where more "realistic".

• Thanks 1

Pretty cool, I've played through this game a few times, both on Xbox 360 and Steam because I enjoy it so much. Annoyingly, this release will be exclusive to Epics Store for the PC version this time and not on steam, so I'll probably get it for Switch.

I'd be interested to see if they did more then just raise the resolution and if they actually added anything to it. For example the game was originally going to have a level set during a thanksgivings parade, which was mostly complete from what I understand. If you root around the PC versions files you can hear all the audio they got Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd etc that they recorded all the audio for. Also the 360/PS3 game had an online mode, which admittedly wasn't that great but it would be nice if that was in this version.

Seem to remember some awful screen tearing in this game and I barely ever notice these things. 

Great game though, just hope it’s priced appropriately. 

10 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Pretty cool, I've played through this game a few times, both on Xbox 360 and Steam because I enjoy it so much. Annoyingly, this release will be exclusive to Epics Store for the PC version this time and not on steam, so I'll probably get it for Switch.

I'd be interested to see if they did more then just raise the resolution and if they actually added anything to it. For example the game was originally going to have a level set during a thanksgivings parade, which was mostly complete from what I understand. If you root around the PC versions files you can hear all the audio they got Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd etc that they recorded all the audio for. Also the 360/PS3 game had an online mode, which admittedly wasn't that great but it would be nice if that was in this version.

I loved that mode. Trying to get all the ghosts and playing what was essentially horde mode from Gears of War but with ghosts was a blast. The only negative thing about it was that there was an achievement tied to catching all of the most wanted ghosts but it was glitched and anyone who played the game within the first few months was unable to obtain it. This was never patched due to Terminal Reality going out of business. :( 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I played the Wii version with friend in co-op. Just a few hours or so. Really liked it, but I remember thinking that I really, realllly wanted this version as it looks closer to the films. Excited that it's getting chance on newer console!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I loved that mode. Trying to get all the ghosts and playing what was essentially horde mode from Gears of War but with ghosts was a blast. The only negative thing about it was that there was an achievement tied to catching all of the most wanted ghosts but it was glitched and anyone who played the game within the first few months was unable to obtain it. This was never patched due to Terminal Reality going out of business. :( 

I loved the online too, played that game to death on PS3 and i still play on the PC (not online since its dead) its a brilliant game! It would be brilliant if some of the planned maps for the multiplayer are released too, think there was a river of slime and shandor roof top map if i remember rightly

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Ghostbuster's Fanfest in LA had had a small conference panel about this game, apparently it will ship without the online mode but it will be added in via a patch at a later date.  However, it will be rebuilt from the ground up, which is something I wasn't expecting at all.

Edited by Helmsly