NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Amazon Preorders

Looks like Amazon have changed their preorder policy according to people on Era who have been talking to customer services. If something is coming out within 5 days then you will be charged immediately, if not you will be charged 5 days after you place the order regardless of when it comes out.

Looks like I won’t be using them anymore for big preorders.

I haven't used them in a while for preorders because they kept screwing me over and not getting my items to me on release day.

It's a scummy move taking people's money well before the item is being released or the order being processed.

Is that just for video games or does it spply to everything?

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Is that just for video games or does it spply to everything?

The people on Era were only talking about gaming stuff but I would expect everything. As far as I know though it doesn’t apply to pre-existing preorders.

Edited by Happenstance

I've been trying to buy less from Amazon so this just further makes me want to buy elsewhere. I don't buy games from them unless there's a good deal, they tend to ship late and have sent the wrong item in the past. They seemed to have a lot of issues getting Switch games late.

I hope Amazon Japan don't also adopt this though as I use them for imports.

I tend to preorder consoles from Amazon as I haven’t had a problem yet but this will make me switch to another site. Preordered games I always get from Simply or Games Collection so I’m ok there.

Only preorder I have with Amazon at the moment is the Mega Drive Mini and that was just in case I wanted it closer to launch. Won’t be able to do that kind of thing anymore (which I assume is one of the reasons they’ve implemented this).

Edited by Happenstance

Sign in to follow this