NEurope
Ashley

TV Endings

The Simpsons had a great ending when it concluded its run in 1998. Just a shame they didn’t make any more episodes. 

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, that's because I was 1 back when anyone cared.

Wow you must have hit the terrible twos hard if people stopped caring about you after that.

• Haha 3

The ending to Travelers...

I'm intrigued as to how they'll reboot this, if at all.

Apparently Santa Clarita Diet has been axed, the news I found out about a couple of episodes into season 3, so I expected some sort of loose-ends-tied-up. Which did not happen. So most displeased at that ending.

On 5/18/2019 at 1:40 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I loved the endings to both Smallville and Star Trek: Voyager.

Smallville (Reveal hidden contents)

Spending 10 years with Clark and then finally getting to see him unleash his powers, fly, wear the suit (no matter how brief) and have the Superman music kick in was something very special.

The only thing more shocking to me than that ending was the fact that so many people seemed to like it. I grew up absolutely loving that show, and then basically just about bearing it/waiting for the end when it lost all its money and dignity and kept remaking the same filler story on the same street corner set week after week.

And then that ending?

Spoiler

I can't understand how anyone can accept it, "no matter how brief" is an understatement, he never really wore the suit, it was a shoddy cgi shot of him in space from a distance, blurry and nondescript. He never talked to a human as Superman, there was no clear daylight scene, no interaction with another human, he didn't talk to Lois or anyone. It was a quick, crazily overpowered supermove and then it was over. The final shirt-rip shot was the best we got and even that small glimpse was masked by what had become Smallville's trademark shoddy "dusk" lighting that was used to patch how cheap and tacky everything looked.
And don't get me started on erasing Lex's entire incredible relationship with Clark that they built up over seven years just to fit in with some pre-existing notion of Superman vs. Lex, despite them having trashed many other avenues of traditional Superman canon along the way.

I can still remember how empty and disappointed I felt after that aired, no piece of media has done that to me before or since

On 28/05/2019 at 2:21 PM, Dog-amoto said:

The Simpsons had a great ending when it concluded its run in 1998. Just a shame they didn’t make any more episodes. 

Will we ever find out who shot Mr. Burns?

Lost

I ended up re-watching this in its entirety this year. It's a show that the first time around I stopped watching briefly then came back to and loved. The ending was a bit disappointing the first time around, however I really appreciated the whole thing a lot more this time, including the ending. I watch a lot of TV and Lost still really holds up so well and remains one of my all-time favourites. It's a real adventure.

Dexter

Loved the show so much but the ending was really a let down. I would have rather they just ended it abruptly without a real ending.

Voyager

I remember absolutely loving the finale. Extremely satisfying, exciting and emotional. If only more TV show endings saw the show at its best.