NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo at E3 2019

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Could be wrong but I don't think they've done that for a couple of years now. The last big midshow news was probably Samus Returns or Codename STEAM

Last year had Donkey Kong Arcade and Sky Skipper being announced and released as ACA games that same day.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Last year had Donkey Kong Arcade and Sky Skipper being announced and released as ACA games that same day.

So nothing noteworthy then. :p 

Looking forward to seeing more of New Super Luckys Tale. I've always wanted to play it. It looks like a cute, cuddly 3D platformer that's right up my street.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Treehouse's I am Error screen ! :laughing:

Hilarious.

Apparently the power has gone down on the whole floor at E3. Pretty nifty that Nintendo had a screen ready for if something like this happened.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hilarious.

Apparently the power has gone down on the whole floor at E3. Pretty nifty that Nintendo had a screen ready for if something like this happened.

I love the theory that's already popped up. The power is gonna come back on and Sony will just be there, all set up and ready to go :laughing:

• Haha 2

Just now, Happenstance said:

I love the theory that's already popped up. The power is gonna come back on and Sony will just be there, all set up and ready to go :laughing:

Haha. Gamers be crazy.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. Gamers be crazy.

I mean it's either that or the Undertaker...

• Haha 2

Super Lucky looks good so far, and is getting a physical release.

But damn Astral Chain is looking more amazing the more I see! I finally pre-ordered a whole bunch of games for this year, but not this one, since I was undecided if I wanted the special edition or not, which wasn't available yet on the shop I used. Think I will go for the special edition.

• Thanks 2

New Super Lucky's Tale looks better than I, well, assumed. Nice to see it demo-ed. The guy certainly seems very proud of his work, and rightly so.

• Like 1

Treehouse just had a brain fart a while ago. I like their little "I am error" thing when they're having technical difficulties.

Edited by martinist
grammer and spelling

Just now, martinist said:

Treehouse just had a brain fart a while ago. Likes theyr little "I am error" thing when they're having technical difficulties.

The whole floor at E3 lost power.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

The whole floor at E3 lost power.

Oh yeah I heard about that when they came back. Might have been a power surge or something lol

Good thing that the Switch can run off its battery when the power is cut! Or else it would've completely ruined their demo playthrough!

• Like 1

It's really cool and a bit surreal seeing 8 and 16 bit Mario with new themes like snow and new music made in those styles.

The way levels stop if you put an unbroken wall of blocks is really clever

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Mario Maker 2 again?! Bah!

I don't especially need to see more of it either, though it does serve as a bit of a tutoral for someone like me who hasn't played Mario Maker 1.

But! They did show off Super Mario 64 sound effects and music! That's awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

New Super Lucky's Tale looks better than I, well, assumed. Nice to see it demo-ed. The guy certainly seems very proud of his work, and rightly so.

Yeah, I'm catching up on the treehouse stream and it look pretty good. I liked the way the dev was talking about how much attention they spent on the camera, and programed it to subtly  show the player where things are and where to go. The controls looked really smooth too.

• Thanks 1

Super Lucky is a really, really enjoyable little game, a great addition to the Switch lineup!

Not sure I'll pick it up again myself as I had it finished over two or three days and towards the end my enjoyment came from achievement hunting, if they add in an in game achievement system I'd be quite tempted mind...

After seeing the trailer for New Super Lucky's Tale, I thought the game looked pretty rough - both on the gameplay and the graphics. The treehouse section makes it look better at least, but I think Yooka-Laylee has scarred me a bit - I didn't enjoy that much so I'm skeptical about this one now.