NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo at E3 2019

Animal Crossing looks nice on Treehouse, did I hear correctly that there are two areas, not just this island you're building up? Could be mistaken, trying to watch/listen/post and trawl online for news lol

That was an incredible direct with tons of games and no downtime. My only complaint was that most of the stuff is 2019 and thus, I won't have time to play them all. 

Links Awakening looks amazing. 

Astral Chain looks like a fun game. 

Banjo in Smash is crazy! 

BotW 2 is good news though probably a 2021 title, it's late 2020 at the earliest I think. It also seems to show the rise of Calamity Ganon so I'm interested in how they can make a winnable story now. Hopefully it's not the same map as BotW. 

Luigis Mansion 3 looks great. Now I have to get that. 

Though I'm not interested in it, No More Heroes 3 is a cool announcement. 

Spyro Reignited is coming in September as well. A shame they put that in the reel.

I also have heard about Super Lucky Tale but don't know much about it. Shame that A Hat in Time was missing. 

Mario and Sonic actually looks fun this time around. 

I think Witcher III actually looks alright. Will be waiting for reviews but very interested in it. 

And then there's the games I forgot about now. So little time! 

Edited by MindFreak

The Direct was fucking amazing!! 100% class act all the way through!

Some absolute bombshells dropped and a great showing all round.  Really impressive, especially considering that only one new first party game was announced!

Jesus fuck! Banjo in Smash AND Seiken Densetsu 3 in English! (PLUS a full AAA remake too!?) They aimed that STRAIGHT at me! :D 

Edited by Dcubed

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Everything I want is out in September. :blank:

Ditto. 

12 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Ditto. 

Ditto getting its own game now???

Edited by markderoos

Nice. They kept Zelda under wraps.

This also explains why leaks keep happening. I wonder why they show the Direct to the press before hand? It's not as if they need to write hands on impressions.

• Confused 1

Witcher 3 on switch! The balls on them to take that on. 

Good conference I thought, plenty of stuff with a decent attempt at brevity. Can't be disappointed with a lack of Prime, cause I wasn't expecting them to make me that happy. But a good selection of Indies coming, Luigi looks good, and I think Astral Chain is going to be a Platinum classic.

And ofcourse...

Rare is back!!!!

There was a thread on here back when Rare was sold to Microsoft, and the metldown was spectacular. Any chance it will still be saved somewhere? Would love to read back through it.

Well, that was a pretty good show.  The format didn't waste any time, and they did what they could with the software that's available.

Got goosebumps from the Dragon Quest Heroes in Smash Bros, even though I don't play it. :p Was also pleased to see Dragon Quest XI.  I know it's not a new announcement, but to know an immense game like that is coming makes my year anyway.

Looks like there will be enough new stuff in Link's Awakening - worth doing those extra dungeons for spare bottles etc.  I was tempted by Collection of Mana until I saw the price.  £34.99! :o Saving my credit for the next two Sega Ages releases instead.

As much as I'm not too keen on open world games, I will keep an eye on The Witcher III.  Looking forward to Animal Crossing as much as ever, although is it just me or did the graphics look a bit strange?  Perhaps a bit soft and undefined?  And Cadence of Hyrule is something I'd be interested in... if I had rhythm!

As for Zelda, who knows what it'll be like, but it was certainly good to be there at the time they announced such a big game.

Just finished watching.

Probably just Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing for me.

Nice showing of other games for people though. I'm excited for those who have never had another way to try Witcher III to play it.

Edited by Happenstance

The Witcher 3 is being ported by Saber Interactive with assistance from CD Projekt Red for those interested. Having the guys at CD Projekt Red involved is good news as the work they did brining The Witcher 2 to the 360 back in the day was great. So some advise and expertise passed down should help make it run as well as it can given the hardware constraints.

It's not the best way to play the game but if you have no other way to play it (and when PS4s and Xbox Ones are cheap as anything, it wouldn't be too hard to pick up the whole thing especially with the frequency of The Witcher 3 GOTY edition being on sale) it's definitely worth checking out as it's a phenomenal game. I do await the minority of gamers who'll hate on it simply because Breath of the Wild exists tho.

13 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

It's not the best way to play the game but if you have no other way to play it (and when PS4s and Xbox Ones are cheap as anything, it wouldn't be too hard to pick up the whole thing especially with the frequency of The Witcher 3 GOTY edition being on sale) it's definitely worth checking out as it's a phenomenal game. I do await the minority of gamers who'll hate on it simply because Breath of the Wild exists tho.

To be fair, I hate Breath of the Wild, so I'd hate both them for equal reasons!

content-4-35830-nintendodirectbanner.jpg

Nintendo Direct E3 2019 Roundup

(aka - one big Nintendo Press Release) :p

I'll see if I can gather together a load of the trailers in the meantime for another article. :peace:

(plus I want to track down that Panzer Dragoon trailer so I can watch it again 10 times over) :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Unbelievable!!!

Mario Maker 2 on Treehouse, Tezuka opens saying that they're making changes to how people can play together online. The suggestion being they're changing the "no online with friends" thing. Then the Treehouse rep (forgot her name) cuts in complaining she just missed the 50 coin as she was playing. Then completely changes the subject saying it's nice you can play on the title screen, instead of letting Tezuka continue and tell us more! :indeed::indeed:

Edited by Ronnie
  • Confused 1

Just got home from work and watched the Direct.

Nintendo, I f-ing LOVE YOU.

Knocked it out of the park. I will NEVER have time to play all these games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Luigi's Mansion 3 looking fantastic on Treehouse. I thought it looked really rough when it was first announced, but the visuals and gameplay look lovely here.

• Like 2

I just caught up. 

Best thing about the whole thing was the Banjo reveal. 

Amazing. Luigis Mansion 3 looked great, and that's about all I was excited for. :)

Not for me ::shrug: 

Pretty much showed why I don't own a Switch. Aside from Cadence of Hyrule there's literally nothing of interest to me.

Wow, great to see Nintendo just jumped straight in to show game after game after game. Little fluff, minimal padding, just games!  I’m still getting my head around most of the announcements, but my initial thoughts are that they’re doing a lot of things right by getting more 3rd party games.  There were a lot of ports of older games, but that will appeal to certain parts of their audience.

For me, many of the games I’m glad are coming to Switch, but I’m not over-excited about them.  I am excited about No More Heroes 3, Astral Chain, the Banjo reveal which I got more excited about than I thought I would, and the prospect of a brand new Zelda game!  I’ve rewatched the trailer a few times now, and it looks like a Majora’s Mask-style development with a lot of the same assets but with a darker story, which is fine by me!

Oh, and catching glimpses of Treehouse Live - I loved how they supposedly surprised Aonuma by asking him to complete a Link’s Awakening dungeon they’d designed, and he absolutely blitzed through it - boss and all! Top man!

All in all, I’m excited about the future of Switch.

After what's been a pretty poor E3, that completely stole the show, mainly for the way they just went at it game after game after game with minimal nonsense (sure I had a nightmare I watched 20 minutes of Watch Dogs Legion gameplay at the start of the Ubi show last night...)

Loved the Banjo reveal and the BOTW sequel teaser too. It's great to see publishers getting involved and starting to realise that the Switch is the biggest console in pretty much all territories now...and delicious that EA are no where to be seen 😎😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder what reveal they’ll save for the Treehouse Live this year... there’s always at least one...

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Wonder what reveal they’ll save for the Treehouse Live this year... there’s always at least one...

Metroid Prime Trilogy... ;)