NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo at E3 2019

Those Twitter replies acting like the leaker is some sort of heroic whistleblower or some shit. They're just announcing stuff slightly earlier than the company would anyway!

• Like 2
  • Weird 1

I do love the sweet justice in the fact they said they would reveal the Nintendo direct stuff on Sunday or Monday as a way of getting new followers, and then Nintendo took them down. If they had just slyly let the info out without the ego or arrogance, they probably would’ve got away with it.

Seriously, these people are the absolute worst. The fact they have “journalist” in their twitter bio is an insult. I’d go with “an Internet nobody trying to be famous”. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1

Given the last few years of Nintendo E3’s, I think I’d not be fussed about reading leaks beforehand - I think it’d soften the blow of the general disappointment I’ve had when watching it live.

Still, there’ll always be a part of me that longs to be surprised.

Flipping heck, I never knew anybody cared about whistleblowing a Nintendo conference.  This is not exactly corruption or insider trading - more like news of a Luigi amiibo with a yellow outfit!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Flipping heck, I never knew anybody cared about whistleblowing a Nintendo conference.  This is not exactly corruption or insider trading - more like news of a Luigi amiibo with a yellow outfit!

With how prevalent social media is in this day and age, it's very difficult to avoid stuff like this. People like me enjoy the element of surprise when watching E3 and yes, that makes me nerdy and that's fine. But I get the same kind of enjoyment from reveals like this that some might get from watching a TV series.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grazza said:

I mean, a certain announcment in the Microsoft confrence was so much better then simply waiting to confirm if the leaks were real or not. When that music kicked in it was way more exciting in the moment.

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

I mean, a certain announcment in the Microsoft confrence was so much better then simply waiting to confirm if the leaks were real or not. When that music kicked in it was way more exciting in the moment.

Yup. That moment impacted a few of us on here and it wouldn't have been half as epic if we knew it was possibly on the cards.

I've just finished watching the EZA  stream of them watching the Microsoft conference and they mentioned just how amazing the From Software reveal would have been had everything about it not already leaked.

I know a lot of gamers these days aren't that bothered but I like having those moments of utter disbelief and excitement when watching Directs or E3 shows.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. That moment impacted a few of us on here and it wouldn't have been half as epic if we knew it was possibly on the cards.

I've just finished watching the EZA  stream of them watching the Microsoft conference and they mentioned just how amazing the From Software reveal would have been had everything about it not already leaked.

I know a lot of gamers these days aren't that bothered but I like having those moments of utter disbelief and excitement when watching Directs or E3 shows.

I honestly don’t understand what satisfaction people get finding out days or hours before, sitting at their computer reading a forum, compared to witnessing it live in the moment. 

The most annoying this is it makes many parts of the gaming web inaccessible for days before a major event, and while it is fun to speculate, there’s always a danger you’ll find something out. 

There is only ONE reason people leak, and that is to boost their own profile. I’m so tired of it. 

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Glen-i said:

For context, this is the leaker that Hero-of-Time warned us about a few pages back. She's apparently been on the money for everything she said about the conferences that have shown so far.

Should be a bit easier to avoid Ninty leaks, at least. But I'd still advise caution.

See, this is exactly why I thought the leak was fake to begin with. Legit leakers tend to get their info out there and keep as anonymous as possible. In Nintendo especially, it sounds like searching for leakers is a quasi-cloak&dagger kind of thing. But a known person on ERA decided to make a big show out of revealing this information? Telling people to tune in and everything? Sounded like a poser. Can't say I'm surprised by that C&D letter, regardless of how real that leak was going to be.

New Smash character, New Zelda, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Luigi's Mansion 3 ... it would pale in comparison to the possible tidbit of info on Hollow Knight: Silk Song.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

See, this is exactly why I thought the leak was fake to begin with. Legit leakers tend to get their info out there and keep as anonymous as possible. In Nintendo especially, it sounds like searching for leakers is a quasi-cloak&dagger kind of thing. But a known person on ERA decided to make a big show out of revealing this information? Telling people to tune in and everything? Sounded like a poser. Can't say I'm surprised by that C&D letter, regardless of how real that leak was going to be.

I think the person has been proven as legit. The person in question apparently leaked a bunch of stuff for both the S-E and Microsoft conferences. Plus, they have been on the money with Direct leaks in the past. If Nintendo didn't think they weren't a threat then they wouldn't have sent in the ninjas. This person was privy to a lot of info across most of the gaming companies. No idea how. ::shrug:

As for the leakers staying anonymous, this hasn't been the case for a few years. Leakers on Era, such as Emily, King Zell and Nate are well known and have been doing it for a while now. Hell, even a few over on GameXplain started to drop teases and hints that did come true. It wasn't until the whole Metroid Trilogy fiasco that most of them have backed away and stopped dropping teases and hints, which i'm happy with.

• Like 1

content-4-35829-finalfantasyviiiremasteredbanner.jpg

Square Enix Press Conference Roundup containing all titles and release dates for Switch titles already known about and freshly announced.

And all of the trailers too, I think that'll cover most of the main games and it saves having a copy-pasted, seperate formulaic article for every title.

The conference video itself is in there too in case anyone wants to watch or rewatch it.

Also the only place I could see which had the trailer for the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI was GameXplain, so kudos to them for that.

:peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Less than half an hour! Are your bodies ready? Come on Nintendo, save this E3 for us!

• Thanks 1

Righto, less than 10 minutes to go.

I've got my Bingo card ready. Wonder if I can beat my 8-square, no bingo from Microsoft.

Oh, it's 4 different different Dragon Quest heroes!

Nice.

Like the Menu mechanic a lot!

Pretty sure Square insisted on having a Dragon Quest 11 trailer after the Smash character reveal, probably the first line of the contract.

Is anyone else's stream really low quality? I can barely make out any detail in the video. 

• Like 1

Luigi's Mansion 3 looks amazing. So happy the online mode has returned from the second game. Shame about no release date. :( 

Oh snap! Today!?

And it seems that Seiken Densetsu III is getting a 3D remake?

Can't tell how The Witcher looks my stream is so bad, did it look completely nerfed?