NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo at E3 2019

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Hell of a comeback by the EU player!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And that's why items are awesome!

That mini mushroom really screwed over the EU player. He had all the momentum until he ran into that. 

Incredibly painful whitewash there!

That mini mushroom really screwed over the EU player. He had all the momentum until he ran into that. 

It was Lightning, and the Japan player used it to regain control.

It was perfectly used.

Edited by Glen-i

Another Whitewash!? Wow! Japan are beasting it in these finals!

• Thanks 1

That Pit dominance against Peach was amazing!

Edited by Glen-i

I've only seen the last few matches, but there's some good action. Good comeback from Europe indeed, good use of those Smash balls from Daisy and Palutena.

Mii Swordfighter is a character I didn't expect to show up. Nice to see them be used in tournaments.

Horrific choke from Palutena. Feels bad.

Edited by Glen-i

You know, watching the first few matches, I didn't expect Japan to win it. But those last few matches were like we were watching different players. Well earned!

• Thanks 1

Well, at least you know for sure we'll find out in a few days. It's exciting, as this one announcement may indicate which of those rumours, if any may be true. Hoping for a Banjo reveal Tuesday!

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wow! They aren't announcing a DLC fighter here. I'm honestly shocked.

I'm not. There's no precedent for that.

Edited by Glen-i

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wow! They aren't announcing a DLC fighter here. I'm honestly shocked.

TBH, they kinda did...

It was more of an announcement of an announcement though.

Just finished watching the Smash final. Glad I didn’t stay up now as nothing was announced, Sakurai’s troll with the Fake Smash Ball was funny though. :D 

They should do these kind of events with items set to on more often! It’s great seeing pro players doing unexpected things with them, or getting completely messed up of course. :grin: 

High level Smash Bros is just so entertaining to watch.

I enjoyed the Mario Maker thing too. What was it the commentator called the NSMBU style again? “Super Mario World 3 Mario New Mario Maker... Wii... U” :heh::laughing: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

TBH, they kinda did...

It was more of an announcement of an announcement though.

Hasn't stopped the crazy conspiracy theories about what that Smash Ball prop means.

"It changed into a fake one, that clearly means something!"

Hilarious!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Hasn't stopped the crazy conspiracy theories about what that Smash Ball prop means.

"It changed into a fake one, that clearly means something!"

Hilarious!

Obviously Milo from Pokemon SwSh is the new fighter. Ditto, you little faker....

• Haha 1

For those interested in the game (and because while not from Nintendo themselves, it is Nintendo related from E3), EA are apparently referring to the Switch version of Fifa 20 as a "legacy edition". None of the new features are being brought to the Switch version beyond kits and roster updates and a few tweaks. Didn't take them long for them to phone it in, though they'd already been doing that up to this point from the sounds of it anyway.

But for Fifa fans on the console, I can't imagine that many will be happy and you do have to wonder how long they'll continue to push out versions of they're already calling it a "legacy edition". I realise they've done that up to this point for the PS3 and 360 but I do wonder once those games eventually come off of the table (which I'd imagine would be next year with next gen arriving) if they'll drop the Switch version altogether. Just find it interesting that EA still remain so reticent to bring more titles to Nintendo's platforms.

• Angry 1

content-4-35823-splatoon2ssbuworldchampionships2019smm2invitationalbanner.jpg

N-Europe's Roundup of the events of last night.

So that's the Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational and both World Championships for Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

More of a general roundup featuring some commentary and some quotes from this thread.

(hopefully people don't mind, if you do then just say and I'll edit the article, I just thought it would be good to have peoples reactions)

Anyway, I've tried to make it interesting while not going over and covering/spoiling everything that happened in case people hadn't watched it yet.

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy crap! The Ninty Ninjas are not effing around!

For context, this is the leaker that @Hero-of-Time warned us about a few pages back. She's apparently been on the money for everything she said about the conferences that have shown so far.

Should be a bit easier to avoid Ninty leaks, at least. But I'd still advise caution.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3