NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo at E3 2019

If leaks and rumours are starting to be talked about on here I’m out. Catch you all after the Direct!

We could perhaps do a pre-E3 speculation, rumours and leaks threads.

Spoiler

I'd buy it for support, but it would be a similar thing to Mass Effect 3 on WiiU. Not quite, as the WiiU was a flop, and the Switch a success, but still.. I'll be playing this game on PCV whenever I get a new one, and I'll have my savefiles ready.

content-4-35816-nintendologo.jpg

The latest Nintendo PR, letting everyone know what they are doing in the runup to E3 2019 and during it.

I already covered most of this the other day but I thought I'd post the PR e-mail in case anyone was interested.

As much as I’m looking forward to Animal Crossing, I really hope they only dedicate a few minutes to it and they show a dedicated Direct a month or so before release. 

I honestly can’t see them NOT having an AC Direct in the future so hopefully they’ll save most of the info till then. 

Edited by Dog-amoto

5 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

As much as I’m looking forward to Animal Crossing, I really hope they only dedicate a few minutes to it and they show a dedicated Direct a month or so before release. 

I honestly can’t see them NOT having an AC Direct in the future so hopefully they’ll save most of the info till then. 

They'll only show us a couple of minutes in the direct but then have an hour slot on the Treehouse that gives us a more in-depth look at the game. I don't think they'll have a single game dominate the direct like they did with Smash last year, I think we'll see new trailers for Astral Chain, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion with some surprises and an indie section peppered throughout. No 15 minute deep dives like last year.

Plus a third party reel with FIFA 2020, whatever game Ubisoft is bringing, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics (is that Sega or Nintendo?) and more.

Does anyone know where the best place to find Nintendo-related leaks and spoilers is? Are people allowed to discuss them here? Feel free to PM me if necessary!

2 hours ago, Tim B said:

Does anyone know where the best place to find Nintendo-related leaks and spoilers is? Are people allowed to discuss them here? Feel free to PM me if necessary!

Resetera and no spoilers in this thread, please. There's a thread in the General Gaming section for spoilers.

Speaking of spoilers, I'm giving everyone here a heads up about a big leak that may be happening. Apparently there are a few people who already know the contents of the E3 Direct and they've said they will be leaking a lot of it on Sunday/Monday. I've no idea how legit this is but if this is true then trying to avoid the spoilers is going to be an absolute nightmare because every YouTube video and gaming website will no doubt be reporting on it. :( 

Basically, if all of this comes true,  then you're going to have to avoid places like YouTube, gaming sites and social media until the thing has actually been aired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Resetera and no spoilers in this thread, please. There's a thread in the General Gaming section for spoilers.

Speaking of spoilers, I'm giving everyone here a heads up about a big leak that may be happening. Apparently there are a few people who already know the contents of the E3 Direct and they've said they will be leaking a lot of it on Sunday/Monday. I've no idea how legit this is but if this is true then trying to avoid the spoilers is going to be an absolute nightmare because every YouTube video and gaming website will no doubt be reporting on it. :( 

Basically, if all of this comes true,  then you're going to have to avoid places like YouTube, gaming sites and social media until the thing has actually been aired.

Thank you for the heads-up. :smile:

This puts us in a difficult position when it comes to posting news... though really, I don't want anything spoiled either so... ::shrug:

I know I've been reporting on a lot of news recently on the main site but, I'd be happy enough to just not post anything from now until after 5PM on Tuesday. :peace:

Is this what people would prefer? Because I will go along with what our forum members on here want, the last thing I want is anything ruined for anyone.

So if this is the case, I will not look at any news sources, starting now and all I will post is reviews or features which we've had planned anyway.

Does this sound agreeable? Let me know asap and I'll get the word round.

Just because every other site is going to be leaking stuff, doesn't mean we have to...

I mean I know journalism is about reporting on this stuff but I'm not about to ruin E3 for anyone.

Edited by S.C.G

8 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Thank you for the heads-up. :smile:

This puts us in a difficult position when it comes to posting news... though really, I don't want anything spoiled either so... ::shrug:

I know I've been reporting on a lot of news recently on the main site but, I'd be happy enough to just not post anything from now until after 5PM on Tuesday. :peace:

Is this what people would prefer? Because I will go along with what our forum members on here want, the last thing I want is anything ruined for anyone.

So if this is the case, I will not look at any news sources, starting now and all I will post is reviews or features which we've had planned anyway.

Does this sound agreeable? Let me know asap and I'll get the word round.

Just because every other site is going to be leaking stuff, doesn't mean we have to...

I mean I know journalism is about reporting on this stuff but I'm not about to ruin E3 for anyone.

There's no need to spoil things for yourself. We aren't exactly a massive site looking for clicks. You have every right to enjoy E3 as much as the rest of us. 

Given what has been leaked and teased early this morning, I'm doing my best to avoid ERA and every other place until Tuesday. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for letting us know @Hero of Time, I always stay off ERA before E3 anyway but I've added all my usual news sites to my block list for now too. It really makes me unsure about even watching any of Easy Allies coverage of the other conferences just incase they mention anything about the leaks. I just don't know why people are so interested in leaking info that's going to be revealed a couple of days later, I just don't know who it benefits to ruin the surprise. 

@S.C.G I'd definitely prefer if you could hold fire on posting any news, would be nice to have one website that I can still visit before Tuesday! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There's no need to spoil things for yourself. We aren't exactly a massive site looking for clicks. You have every right to enjoy E3 as much as the rest of us. 

Given what has been leaked and teased early this morning, I'm doing my best to avoid ERA and every other place until Tuesday. 

No but this is what I mean, I don't want to spoil things for myself or anyone else, so I'd be happy not to be posting anything more until Tuesday afternoon.

What I'm saying is, I'll now be avoiding other news sites etc until then and I'd imagine a lot of us on here will be avoiding them as well.

So I was going to make a point of not posting any news until then, or unless we actually get some PR sent directly to us that's news and not related to any leaks.

Plus it would mean that N-Europe isn't contributing to reporting on these leaks and potentially ruining E3 for anyone, that's what I mean. :peace:

I'm sure we'd all like to look forward to the Nintendo Direct on Tuesday afternoon at 5PM so let's see if we can not spoil anything for anyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

@S.C.G I'd definitely prefer if you could hold fire on posting any news, would be nice to have one website that I can still visit before Tuesday! 

OK, that's settled then, I won't be posting any Nintendo related leaks on the main page and I'll ask in the Staff area to see who else will agree to not posting leaks as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I just don't know why people are so interested in leaking info that's going to be revealed a couple of days later, I just don't know who it benefits to ruin the surprise. 

I don't get it either. Last week on Era loads of people were asking for leaks to happen and those who didn't want leaks were being labeled as weird. I don't see why people can't just wait for the actual event to air. It's no wonder many people come away disappointed by these events when they already know everything that's going to be shown.

As for EZA, I'd honestly avoid watching them until you've seen the conferences for yourself. In the past they've discussed leaks during the opening segment of them watching the conferences live. 

11 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

No but this is what I mean, I don't want to spoil things for myself or anyone else, so I'd be happy not to be posting anything more until Tuesday afternoon.

What I'm saying is, I'll now be avoiding other news sites etc until then and I'd imagine a lot of us on here will be avoiding them as well.

So I was going to make a point of not posting any news until then, or unless we actually get some PR sent directly to us that's news and not related to any leaks.

Plus it would mean that N-Europe isn't contributing to reporting on these leaks and potentially ruining E3 for anyone, that's what I mean. :peace:

I'm sure we'd all like to look forward to the Nintendo Direct on Tuesday afternoon at 5PM so let's see if we can not spoil anything for anyone.

That's what I was saying. I guess it didn't come across that way. Basically, screw trying to keep up with everyone else. Just enjoy E3 and post the news after its officially revealed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't get it either. Last week on Era loads of people were asking for leaks to happen and those who didn't want leaks were being labeled as weird. I don't see why people can't just wait for the actual event to air. It's no wonder many people come away disappointed by these events when they already know everything that's going to be shown.

As for EZA, I'd honestly avoid watching them until you've seen the conferences for yourself. In the past they've discussed leaks during the opening segment of them watching the conferences live. 

That's what I was saying. I guess it didn't come across that way. Basically, screw trying to keep up with everyone else. Just enjoy E3 and post the news after its officially revealed.

Absolutely, this is what I want as well and I think it's the best way to make sure everyone gets to enjoy E3. :D

Besides... there's plenty of reviews and things I could post instead if I finish them soon and we'll still report on the Nintendo Championships, so there's still stuff to do. :peace:

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

Absolutely, this is what I want as well and I think it's the best way to make sure everyone gets to enjoy E3. :D

Besides... there's plenty of reviews and things I could post instead if I finish them soon and we'll still report on the Nintendo Championships, so there's still stuff to do. :peace:

I keep forgetting that the Championships are on. It's tonight they start, right?

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I keep forgetting that the Championships are on. It's tonight they start, right?

Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational, Splatoon 2 & Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championships 2019

Saturday 8th June – 19:00 BST / 20:00 CET

:peace:

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I always watch the Nintendo presentation on my own, avoid EZA until after its happened but with all the others I like to watch their reactions live so will be weird not doing that this year but needs must I suppose. Might still watch their Ubisoft & Square coverage but will watch Microsoft's twitch feed directly considering thats the most likely for big surprises of the other ones. 

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

I always watch the Nintendo presentation on my own, avoid EZA until after its happened but with all the others I like to watch their reactions live so will be weird not doing that this year but needs must I suppose. Might still watch their Ubisoft & Square coverage but will watch Microsoft's twitch feed directly considering thats the most likely for big surprises of the other ones. 

You could still watch them. You just need to mute the TV until the conferences actually start. :D 

• Haha 1

A couple of surprises tonight wouldn’t be too... err... surprising.

It’s not impossible that the next Smash DLC character could get announced tonight; while we’re sure to see some unannounced course mechanics from SMM2.

At the very least, the SMM2 one will no doubt be an entertaining watch! SMM blind run races are always a riot! 

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

A couple of surprises tonight wouldn’t be too... err... surprising.

It’s not impossible that the next Smash DLC character could get announced tonight.

Yeah, I'm certainly expecting a DLC character announcement at the Smash event. I'd be more shocked if this didn't happen.

content-4-35822-neleakfreee3banner.jpg

Here's to a hopefully leak-free E3 on N-E! :D

Plus a few tips in the article on how to avoid potential leaks or spoilers.

(plus a bit of tongue-in-cheek humour and a good old leak/leek gag for goos measure) :p

Well, I tried anyway. ::shrug:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wait, the leakers claimed they already have access to it... and instead of revealing it on the spot, they announced a reveal? That sounds like a super fake leak.

That said, a legit leaker might pop up at any moment, so the decision to go dark is still sound.

2 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Wait, the leakers claimed they already have access to it... and instead of revealing it on the spot, they announced a reveal? That sounds like a super fake leak.

That said, a legit leaker might pop up at any moment, so the decision to go dark is still sound.

It was something along the lines of info will be dropped a day or two before Nintendo's E3 Direct. It was in the Nintendo E3 thread over on ResetEra at around 4am this morning if you want to take a gander for yourself at what was said.

Is it true and will it happen? Who knows, I mean it could just be a couple of Twitter/Youtubers trying to make a name for themselves but I'd rather not take the chance.