NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo at E3 2019

e32019.900x.jpg

nintendo-at-e3-2019-schedule.original.jp

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Splatoon 2 Tournaments: The team-based Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 2019 3v3 and the Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019 tournaments will take place on Saturday, June 8, at The Theatre at Ace Hotel at 929 S. Broadway St. in Los Angeles. Both events will feature players from North America, Europe, Japan and Australia/New Zealand. The line for entry starts forming at 8 a.m. in front of The Theatre at Ace Hotel. Fans who want to catch the competitions in person can gain free entry after receiving an event badge in line on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors will open at 10 a.m. and competition is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. People who prefer to watch the competitions online can visit https://e3.nintendo.com/ and Nintendo’s channels on Twitch and YouTube. Nintendo will communicate additional details about these tournaments at a later time.

- After battling their way through more than 11,000 players in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North America Open 2019, the winning team of Wrath, Devonte and Poltergust will represent North America against teams from Europe, Australia/New Zealand and Japan.

- The team of FTWIN showcased its elite splat skills in the Splatoon 2 North America Inkling Open 2019 by toppling some of the most experienced Splatoon 2 squads across all of North America. The team will be looking to continue its winning streak against some of the top teams from Europe, Australia/New Zealand and Japan.

Nintendo Direct E3 2019: The presentation will begin at 9 a.m. PT on June 11. Viewers can watch it by visiting https://e3.nintendo.com/. The presentation, which focuses entirely on software, will offer a look at games scheduled to launch in 2019.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live: The livestream hosted by Nintendo of America’s Treehouse staff right from Nintendo’s E3 booth returns to give viewers a deeper look into select games, along with commentary by those who know the games best. People can view the livestream at https://e3.nintendo.com/. Additional details about Nintendo Treehouse: Live will be announced at a later date.

Warp Pipe Pass: As always, Nintendo will have a variety of games to play in its booth. People who are attending the E3 2019 show can reduce the amount of time they wait in line for select Nintendo games by reserving a free Warp Pipe Pass, which will allow them to gain priority access in line during their designated time to line up and play. A Nintendo Account is required to sign up and reserve a Warp Pipe Pass. Nintendo will communicate additional details about how and when to reserve a pass at a later date.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

Really excited for Nintendo’s showing... looking forward to the build up and hype... dreading the inevitable leaks in the run up. 

As usual can anyone who wants to post rumours or leaks do so in spoiler tags please :) 

I hope they’ve more titles that excite me than the first half of 2019 has had.

As always, will tune in with low expectations in hope of them delivering and me being wowed!

content-4-35766-nintendoe32019banner.jpg

On the front page, with the UK times for the events and the PR info.

Only a month to go then. :smile:

I'm looking forward to seeing what Microsoft announce for the Switch. Halo, Rare Replay, Killer Instinct, Rare Smash DLC. Who knows!

Also, Animal Crossing. If there is one game that will make me finally buy a Switch, it's that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lostmario said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what Microsoft announce for the Switch. Halo, Rare Replay, Killer Instinct, Rare Smash DLC. Who knows!

Ah, you're in the Banjo in Smash group. Very cultured.

It'll be surreal as hell if we see games announced for the Switch during Microsoft's conference. You thought a Mario spin-off being revealed at Ubisoft's conference was weird.

• Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, lostmario said:

Also, Animal Crossing. If there is one game that will make me finally buy a Switch, it's that.

Likewise!

I'm actually excited for a Microsoft conference to see what games get announced for a Nintendo console! What a time to be alive! :D 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, lostmario said:

This is exactly why i'm not looking forward to this years Direct. I imagine it will be like last years where they showed a few games but then spent a good 20 minutes showing off Smash Bros, before waffling on about it even more during the Treehouse segments. I fear Animal Crossing will get the same treatment this year and as someone who has a love/hate (more hate) for the franchise, it could be another underwhelming E3 from Nintendo for me. 

Animal Crossing in focus would be the worst E3 for me as well - it's perhaps a little fun playing an Animal Crossing-game but watching 20 minutes of gameplay from one? Nopes. Nopenope! 

I'd prefer a split between this and Luigi's Mansion 3 then. But as I mentioned previously, I don't think Nintendo has that one game that can handle being the focus for 20-30 minutes this year.

Edited by MindFreak

Just now, MindFreak said:

I'd prefer a split between this and Luigi's Mansion 3 then. But as I mentioned previously, I don't think Nintendo has that one game that can handle being the focus for 20-30 minutes this year.

This is one of my most anticipated games for the Switch. Both the original and sequel are fantastic games and i'm hoping this one lives up to my expectations. I wonder if they will go with the multiple mansion route like they did in the sequel or go back to the original formula?

With Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Maker, Pokemon, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Daemon x Machina and whatever else they reveal I think there's enough there for no one game to get a big focus.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This is one of my most anticipated games for the Switch. Both the original and sequel are fantastic games and i'm hoping this one lives up to my expectations. I wonder if they will go with the multiple mansion route like they did in the sequel or go back to the original formula?

Could be a mix of both, the teaser image seems to indicate one mansion with multple distinct areas. I'm with you I'm really looking forward to this, didn't play the original but I adored Dark Moon.

As for Animal Crossing I hope they mix the formula up. They did that a bit on 3DS but I'm hoping for a bigger step forward, it can't just be the same game in HD.

I also really hope they add something new to Link's Awakening, I'll be really disappointed if it's the same game with a new (albeit lovely) coat of paint.

Edited by Ronnie

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Could be a mix of both, the teaser image seems to indicate one mansion with multple distinct areas. I'm with you I'm really looking forward to this, didn't play the original but I adored Dark Moon.

:eek:

Did you not have it on the Gamecube? If you have a Gamecube or 3DS it's certainly worth hunting down a copy and giving it a play through. It's a very short but sweet game and many people actually prefer it over the sequel. I'm not too sure where I stand on that because I think both are great.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

As for Animal Crossing I hope they mix the formula up. They did that a bit on 3DS but I'm hoping for a bigger step forward, it can't just be the same game in HD.

I think AC is a bit like Pokemon in that the developers can coast along and do very little and people will still lap it up. It's a very strong IP, for better or worse.

• Like 2

content-4-35803-nintendoe32019banner.jpg

Right, time to bump this thread seeing as we have only around a week until the Nintendo Direct and even less until time until the events at the weekend.

I've written up a new article which is basically the E3 schedule for Nintendo plus the other conferences as well.

Everything is covered with times, banners etc and a little bit of a write-up plus all linked back to this thread and the E3 predictions thread as well.

Who knows what we'll see this year but I thought it was about time to get prepared and a little bit hyped for it as well. :D

We'll do our best to cover everything and hopefully this will be an E3 to remember. :peace:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

content-4-35803-nintendoe32019banner.jpg

Right, time to bump this thread seeing as we have only around a week until the Nintendo Direct and even less until time until the events at the weekend.

I've written up a new article which is basically the E3 schedule for Nintendo plus the other conferences as well.

Everything is covered with times, banners etc and a little bit of a write-up plus all linked back to this thread and the E3 predictions thread as well.

Who knows what we'll see this year but I thought it was about time to get prepared and a little bit hyped for it as well. :D

We'll do our best to cover everything and hopefully this will be an E3 to remember. :peace:

On Twitter I came across this handy chart. Don't discount the Devolver and Limited Run presentations, they'll likely have stuff for Nintendo fans as well.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

On Twitter I came across this handy chart. Don't discount the Devolver and Limited Run presentations, they'll likely have stuff for Nintendo fans as well.

A very good point indeed, thanks! :peace: I'll see if I can include those as well. :)

Devolver Digital have had some excellent press conferences and Limited Run did really well last year as well I thought. :D

It seems they are becoming staples of E3 now, which is a good thing, I've just got to get used to remembering to include them; they do some excellent work. 

Edit... and they are now in the article plus I put you a credit in there as well for drawing my attention to these two excellent conferences. :smile:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Limited Run's show was intended to be so bad it's good, but I thought it was just plain bad. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless they announced some games I have in my collection today. So I'm looking forward to this one. Didn't see the Devolver show last year, but I'm interested to see what they'll announce this year.

Regardless of who you bat for, Devolver’s conference will be a must-watch regardless.

They won the last two E3s, hands, fucking, down! Riotously funny from start to finish! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't get Devolver's conferences. They just aren't funny to me. It's like they are trying too hard and the whole thing just comes off as cringe worthy. I get that they are trying to be different but it just doesn't work for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very hyped for E3, can't wait to see more Jedi Fallen Order, Cyberpunk, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion. Those are my big four for the show.

57 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't get Devolver's conferences. They just aren't funny to me. It's like they are trying too hard and the whole thing just comes off as cringe worthy. I get that they are trying to be different but it just doesn't work for me.

Yeah I don't get it either. Everyone saying how amazing they are, I just found them well, like you say, cringeworthy and just trying too hard.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

I'm a fan of The Eric Andre Show which is what Devolver were trying to emulate so that style of humour can work really well, but as you guys have said it comes off as too forced and any decent jokes they just repeat over and over until they aren't funny. I turned off the 2017 conference after just a couple of minutes because it was such a hard watch, didn't even bother with last years one so doubt I'll watch this one either.

I'm really excited to see Microsoft, Ubisoft and Nintendo's offerings though, Microsoft in particular has the potential to be a real classic considering it's the only outlet for most of the big third party publishers & developers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whole bunch of fuddy duddys in this thread.

You guys need to lighten up. Devolver's shtick is taking a cynical look at gaming today and it's funny because it's kinda true. Massively over exaggerated, but true.

Anyway, that's the conference I'm most looking forward to checking a look at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Rumors of a Witcher 3 port are doing the rounds, which at first I though ridiculous - but who knows? What an achievement that would be.