NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MindFreak

Persona 5 Strikers (23/2/21)

Persona 5S was revealed by Atlus today to be Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikes. More like a Warriors-game than Persona. Reveal trailer (in Japanese):

What a joke.

Edited by MindFreak

Another Warriors game for me to ignore, great. This is not what I wanted. :p

But it's probably going to be a hit anyway.

You never saw it coming!

How do you squander Smash interest on a spin-off?

Edited by Glen-i

content-4-35761-persona5scramble.jpg

Now up on the front page...

It might not have been the Persona 5 we were asking for but it's the one we're getting damnit and we'll like it! (apparently) :p

I still think the base version of Persona 5 will make it onto Switch though for what it's worth.

Thanks to @MindFreak for the heads-up on this one, I've put a credit at the bottom of the article. :smile:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I still think the base version of Persona 5 will make it onto Switch though for what it's worth.

Yeah, I mean what's the point of releasing an incredibly spin-off game of Persona 5 if the main game isn't going to come over to the system as well? It might be a pleasant surprise for those who have a PS4+Switch combo, but it will have zero appeal for any "Switch only"-gamers. 

It'd be the same as if they'd release a GTA V muso warriors game, telling us that there are so many PC+Switch players that this is something everyone wants to play :p 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArtMediocre said:

Yeah, I mean what's the point of releasing an incredibly spin-off game of Persona 5 if the main game isn't going to come over to the system as well? It might be a pleasant surprise for those who have a PS4+Switch combo, but it will have zero appeal for any "Switch only"-gamers. 

Uhhhh... I have a little interest in this. More interest in the actual Persona 5 game. I'd rather play this Persona Warriors.

If the playable characters play uniquely, and aren't mostly clones like in Fire Emblem Warriors, I might wanna buy it.

Edited by Glen-i

This releases on February 20th in Japan - a new trailer confirms this:

Also, an informational live stream about the game is being held on November 4th.

Much like Age of Calamity, I'm intrigued because of the Warriors style of gameplay, not necessarily the Persona 5 aspect.

Still keeping an eye on it.

12 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

With a name like Persona 5 Strikers this should be a Mario Strikers crossover instead of a Warriors game. :p

I think Greg/Nando said something along those lines on a recent episode of the podcast. He REALLY wants another Mario Strikers game. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think Greg/Nando said something along those lines on a recent episode of the podcast. He REALLY wants another Mario Strikers game. :D 

Maybe they are working on a Mario Warriors game instead. :laughing:

9 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Maybe they are working on a Mario Warriors game instead. :laughing:

I would buy that! :D 

2 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Anyone pick P5S up, then?

I’ll be grabbing it once I’ve finished P5R

I'm interested, but I'm gonna wait for some impressions first.

Unlike Hyrule Warriors, I know basically nothing about Persona 5 outside anything that's in Smash Ultimate, so it's gotta be solid.

On February 24, 2021 at 4:42 PM, darksnowman said:

Anyone pick P5S up, then?

Not yet. Like Happenstance, I wanna play P5R first. Seeing as this is a direct continuation of that story, I figure it best to play through it before tackling this. I played through P5 when it first was released but some of the story details are now a little too hazy for me to walk straight into Strikers.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this