Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

I'd be surprised if we see anything other than Spider-Man and Ratchet & Clank from Insomniac Games in the future :D

Agreed, though I think after the inevitable success of Rift Apart next month, I wouldn't be surprised if we see PlayStation ramp up production over at Insomniac with an employment drive.

They're releasing games on a biennial basis currently, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if by the end of the generation PlayStation has positioned them to put a game out just about every year, cycling between Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank, and then either bringing an old IP like Sunset Overdrive back or doing something completely new, especially if Xbox's purchases pay off and we see content coming out consistently for Game Pass. 

Just a thought, could absolutely go the other way too, because I think they've got a nice pattern to their releases now as it is. But with it getting increasingly competitive in the coming years now that Xbox don't hesitate on pulling the gun on acquisitions (for better or worse), I do think Insomniac are the prime candidate of their first party studios for rampant growth. 

• Like 1

Well this is...something. 

So what's going to have the worst stock situation, the console or the shoes? :p

• Haha 3

With this being from Nike? The prices will probably match the PS5 as well when they get scalped.  Perfect match!

• Haha 2

I'll never really understand custom trainers, they almost always look ridiculous. Do people actually wear these or just collect them?

28 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I'll never really understand custom trainers, they almost always look ridiculous. Do people actually wear these or just collect them?

I think it's purely for collection purposes. I guess it's like any collectable, the scarcity and the fact that it's so obvioisly related to a certain period of time gives it some extra value to collectors. It's not like they'll get re-released in the future either, as who would want PS5 shoes when the PS6 is out?

It's not my sort of thing, but I can see the appeal.

Edit: that said, it seems they're just a new colour scheme for existing shoes. Maybe it's just that then: a new colour option and is meant to be worn. They're just white and blue, so hardly a weird colour scheme. I could imagine people actually wearing them if people already wear the other colour variants.

To me, it's the shoe design itself that's ugly. The colours are fine.

Edited by Goafer