NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

I think we’ll see either price matching for the PS5 and Series X or £50 less for the PS5. The digital only version will probably be £50 less again from the regular.

We’ll also see a PS Classic thrown in with every -reorder to finally clear that stock :p 

14 minutes ago, Julius said:

If I'm remembering right, it's very similar language to what we got with the PS5 Future of Gaming event back in June. Heavy focus on games in all their promotion, but we still ended up with a (very brief) look at the startup UI, the console itself, and accessories.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll see the price and pre-order + release date.

But the again: If there's none of that, I wouldn't be that disappointed, because Sony never said they will announce it :p But people would be up in arms anyways...

They don't need anything else beyond that

Indeed.

I always wonder why people want 800 games at launch. How rich are they? :D
Of course, more games could mean a larger selection of genres, just in case you're not fond of some, but still...there's no need for more than two first party launch titles.

For me, if I can financially manage to get a PS5 at launch, Astro's Playroom and my PS4 library would be more than enough.

Hoping it's not just a rehash of what we saw in June with more gameplay (though I'm sure we'll see some for Spider-Man: Miles Morales and potentially Demon's Souls, amongst others)

Yeah, we'll definitely see more gameplay of launch games. But I'm also holding out for a big surprise. A game that we know is in development but haven't seen, yet. Maybe one of those JRPGs you mentioned.

And gimme that sweet, sweet UI :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Fully expecting a price and release date, it's about time. No excuses anymore. 

I also think the price of the disc-less version will surprise people, expecting it to be about £80-£100 less than the full fat version. They'll recoup costs from all those digital sales.

Also hoping they announce a black version, make the console a little less of an eye-sore :blank:

I'm expecting the presentation to be full of gameplay too, we've seen enough CG trailers to last a whole generation!

Edited by Ronnie

Finally, it's about time they got the price and launch details out of the way. Will be interesting to see them present what will likely be (most of) the launch lineup. They've lost 2 games from that in recent weeks (Deathloop and Kena were being positioned for it) but I'd expect a decent lineup if they announce one with Miles Morales fronting it and maybe one other first party title.

I think we'll see plenty of timed exclusives or full blown third party exclusives as its known Sony have been striking deals left, right and centre so that's where the bulk of their lineup will come from, though I do expect it'll mostly mirror what's been announced as coming to the Series X/S for launch period with a smattering of other games, probably indie heavy.

This is definitely not a reaction to Microsoft though. Its been on the cards and heavily rumoured for weeks that an event would fall in mid September and I even believe that the 16th was touted as the date for it. Nevertheless, excited to finally get the details and finally know whether I'll be able to afford one at launch if they price match Microsoft (I know the discless will be cheaper but I'd much rather the standard PS5 model) or whether I'll have to wait if its a bit more expensive. Pricing is perhaps the only thing that might have changed recently now that Microsoft has gotten out there but I don't expect an undercut beyond the discless model.

1 hour ago, bob said:
5 hours ago, Rummy said:
I need a new laptop cos mine fried its fan randomly last year and I have been ooerwting exclusively from my ohone since but a computer would be really smart and wise in order to get my life back on track etc.

I am not yet buying one.

Did you post this in the wrong thread?

No I was dryly implying my finances are so dire at the moment and I should invest in myself butt....PS5 is coming. OW2 launch bundle at sub-£400 I am fucking down with it. Forget a laptop and productivity. Admittedly I paid very little attention to my horrific typos - gain courtesy of operating exclusively from my phone ;)

A lot of people with (potentially) more knowledge about what's going on Wednesday coming out of the woodwork to tease things. 

I'll throw it in a spoiler tag just in case anyone wants to avoid it :smile:

Spoiler

Imran Khan teasing Sony having multiple big guns. 

I'm really hoping we just see Shuhei's guns after his time with Ring Fit Adventure :laughing:

And of course that FFXVI tease:

I mean...unless he's teasing a FIFA 16 Remake?!

But more seriously, there have been more and more whispers and hints about this over the last few weeks (such as SE taking out a Twitter handle for XVI), so there's some smoke. 

And lastly Drew Wilson of Naughty Dog might (maybe slightly possibly) be hinting at ND's presence during the event.

Factions? 

And then there are plenty of other rumours swirling around from months back about various other projects.

Should be fun to see what comes to fruition and what these insiders will surely say has been held back for a later event if it doesn't turn up here :laughing:

Speaking of whom, I'm curious if anyone has a particular stance one way or the other on insiders? These days it seems like we get more and more legitimate leaks as time goes on! 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Julius said:

I'm curious if anyone has a particular stance one way or the other on insiders? These days it seems like we get more and more legitimate leaks as time goes on! 

I've become indifferent. Even if something has leaked, I still feel a sense of surprise when it's actually revealed. So if any of those insiders or leaks come true, you can be sure that I'll be giddy with joy on Wednesday :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Julius said:

Speaking of whom, I'm curious if anyone has a particular stance one way or the other on insiders? These days it seems like we get more and more legitimate leaks as time goes on! 

I think they’re either people who don’t actually know anything, but take a bit of an educated guess on things that seem plausible such as this Imran Khan. Or else people read far too much into things posted by people with some legitimacy but no real information to share, such as this Drew Wilson. After that it’s just partners on certain things who suck at keeping up their contractual obligations not to leak things.

Personally I don’t pay much attention to the first two, but partner leaks can be fairly interesting sometimes.

Man, I really hope they begin the showcase with the PS5 startup and then just launch Demon's Souls to show off the booting/loading speed. :D
Alternatively: 40 minutes of Bugsnax.

gg ez

Edited by drahkon

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Man, I really hope they begin the showcase with the PS5 startup and then just launch Demon's Souls to show off the booting/loading speed. :D
Alternatively: 40 minutes of Bugsnax.

gg ez

The latter please.

Was reading an interview with the devs in Wireframe and apparently they received some vitriolic negativity after the reveal. By all means, it may not be for you but come on, just ignore it in that case! Makes me want the whole show dedicated to Bugsnax. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

The latter please.

Was reading an interview with the devs in Wireframe and apparently they received some vitriolic negativity after the reveal. By all means, it may not be for you but come on, just ignore it in that case! Makes me want the whole show dedicated to Bugsnax. 

It's got an annoyingly catchy theme tune.

Bugsnax is the hero that 2020 needs. 

I do wonder if Bugsnax is going to be one of those things that is so bad it’s great.

Personally I think it’s one of the worst things I’ve ever seen, but it’s still more compelling than anything on the new Xbox.

I think they’ve managed to sell loads of people on charm alone. It may fall apart when people actually play it but for now they’ve done a great job creating buzz for an unknown.

image0.png
So this is them saying price won't be announced? Seems strange, if you want people to not preorder an Xbox then you should really be telling them the price of your console before Xbox preorders go live. Unless the PS5 is going to be more expensive.

So this is them saying price won't be announced? Seems strange, if you want people to not preorder an Xbox then you should really be telling them the price of your console before Xbox preorders go live. Unless the PS5 is going to be more expensive.
It's definitely going to be more expensive, otherwise they would have just announced the price point by now.

They're trying to remind everyone about all the games that will be available first, so when they announce the price point they can go, yes it is pricey pointy, but what about them games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

This is a fake and was meant as a joke.

12 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Well played, pretty sure you tricked me and Ronnie at least. emoji14.png

Can't take credit for the picture. I just posted it here :p
I thought it was obvious that it's a joke, though :D But you never know with arrogant Sony.

Can't take credit for the picture. I just posted it here
I thought it was obvious that it's a joke, though But you never know with arrogant Sony.
I'm pretty sure they have actually said that before though at other events (that there'll be no new PS5 news).