NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

27 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It really is. 

Think I'm gonna just go with One Piece Odyssey in January, though. Depending on how it reviews.
Recent previews have been pretty encourage with the game being touted as "Dragon Quest in the One Piece Universe" :o 

I've been thinking about picking it up too, but it comes out a week before Fire Emblem so might hold off and see if the price drops.

Apparently this guy has been spot on with a lot of stuff before.

Not sure what they can do with TLOU3 but I just hope they make it a little more optimistic. The second game was a real downer to play.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:11 PM, drahkon said:

Well, well, well...Hades.

Managed to reach Hades' second form twice now, but I don't remember much of that part of the fight so both attempts ended in swift deaths :D 

Now I'm 9 escape attempts in, unlocked all weapons, upgraded some stats and am ready to go again. Currently putting the focus on collecting keys and darkness to power up more at the mirror. 

Edit: Lucky number 10, I guess :D 
Managed to escape for the first time. Had a pretty sweet Adamant Rail + Doom run. Took approx. 37 minutes. Not too bad.

Time to truly experience the game:

Hades-20221214160028.jpg

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Managed to escape with Heat at level 1. Granted, it didn't change much: enemies need to be hit once before you can actually damage them. :D 
I probably should go back and escape with all the weapons without the Pact of Punishment active first. I did, however, start another Heat run with the spear :p 

Never really paid attention to the OST, but hot damn is it amazing:

• Like 1

Won my second Heat run.
I'm on a 3-win streak :D 

Still switching weapons every run so I get the +20% Darkness bonus. Still not sure what my favourite weapon is. Hope the Darkness bonus reaches the gloves soon. Haven't given them a go, yet.

Might look up a trophy guide later today and check what I could be working towards. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Won my second Heat run.

Saw this on the side of the main page and thought, "Wait, is this Hades?" And it was! Hades is great!

The Bow is my favourite weapon, spefically the one that lets you fire homing arrows after a normal shot.

And the streak continues

Hades-20221216201202.jpg

10 hours ago, drahkon said:

Hope the Darkness bonus reaches the gloves soon.

:( Next is the bow...haven't escaped with it even without Heat. But I have just started a 1 Heat run with it :p 

Gonna finish it tomorrow, though. I think it's time for more Death Stranding now :D 

Was close to dying during a Bow run...but I pulled through :D 
The streak lives. Now at 8.

Finally got a darkness bonus with the gloves. Got a stupidly overpowered run where I basically only used my special (with the MAGNETS BITCH gloves).

So far, this playthrough echoes my experience I had with the game 2 years ago on the Switch:

Great game, good story progression, perfectly balanced but very little variety. 
A little overrated, but still fun.

Wasn't there an alternative skill list on the Mirror of Night?
I unlocked all tiers, but there are supposed to be some "green skills", or am I remembering this wrong? 

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Wasn't there an alternative skill list on the Mirror of Night?
I unlocked all tiers, but there are supposed to be some "green skills", or am I remembering this wrong? 

Yeah, there is. I can't remember when it happens, just keep talking to people after each run.

Credits rolled after a 10 streak :D 

Now for the trophy hunt. Gonna check a guide and figure out the best approach. 

Hades-20221220144443.jpg+

The game is beginning to bore me. 
Little to no challenge, but I have to go through the motions in order to unlock higher difficulty settings, unlock weapon aspects, increase affinity with gods, fulfill prophecies, etc.

Upgrading all keepsakes will probably take the longest. And I'm not sure if I want to...

Sorry, @Hero-of-Time but I might not go for the Platinum after all. I don't think the game is good enough to warrant the trophy hunt.
Haven't made a final decision, yet, but it's not looking good.

Edited by drahkon

52 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Hades-20221220144443.jpg+

The game is beginning to bore me. 
Little to no challenge, but I have to go through the motions in order to unlock higher difficulty settings, unlock weapon aspects, increase affinity with gods, fulfill prophecies, etc.

Upgrading all keepsakes will probably take the longest. And I'm not sure if I want to...

Sorry, @Hero-of-Time but I might not go for the Platinum after all. I don't think the game is good enough to warrant the trophy hunt.
Haven't made a final decision, yet, but it's not looking good.

I have to agree this game is insanely overrated. It's fun for sure but not close to being one of my favourite roguelites, particularly in terms of endgame content. Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne are still top tier for me.

I can certainly appreciate why the game has done so well though, stylistically, presentation and theme-wise (as well as voice acting) is spot on.

Edited by Sheikah

Seems like a great controller.
Can do everything the other devices it competes with can, has some impressive fine-tuning and comes with the standard DualSense features (including what people call "abysmal battery life" :p).
People shit on the price, but it's reasonable given its features. Other controllers in that spectrum (i.e. "Pro", "Elite", "Scuff", etc.) are similarly priced but come with less features. 

I want one and given some financial boons coming, I may actually try to get one sooner rather than later.

The Verge has some hands on impressions with the new controller.

https://www.theverge.com/23517805/sony-dualsense-edge-hands-on-preview-price

As expected, the battery life will be worse than a standard controller. Worrying when you consider the standard controller doesn't exactly have a long battery life to begin with.

Why is it to be expected? For the price I would absolutely expect a higher capacity battery. Like you say, the battery isn't exactly stellar to begin with.

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:

Why is it to be expected? For the price I would absolutely expect a higher capacity battery. Like you say, the battery isn't exactly stellar to begin with.

Because the controller is doing more than the original one and I had strong doubts that Sony were going to fork out for a better battery in this model.

Because the controller is doing more than the original one and I had strong doubts that Sony were going to fork out for a better battery in this model.

The thing is though, it would make sense for them to pay a negligible amount more for an ever so slightly better battery just to tick the box of saying "better battery", purely as they will have lost some sales from this revelation. The sort of enthusiasts buying this product are in the know.

I guess we can chalk this up to incompetence.

The regular Dualsense has a pathetic battery life so to read that the Edge has an even worse one... at £210?? lol. 

11 hours ago, drahkon said:

And I'm not sure if I want to...

After a few successful runs I'm still unsure.

But...

w5zcii8fof051.jpg

This little guy keeps me going. Gotta make him happy :D 

I really hope the endgame in Hades 2 is more fleshed out. There is basically nothing worthwhile to acquire in this one. The summons, sure, but they require a stupid amount of work and once you have them all you probably don't need them.
Less decorations, more upgrades that you can use during runs please. It's all this game needed to elevate it from "meh" to "awesome".

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

After a few successful runs I'm still unsure.
But...
w5zcii8fof051.jpg
This little guy keeps me going. Gotta make him happy  
I really hope the endgame in Hades 2 is more fleshed out. There is basically nothing worthwhile to acquire in this one. The summons, sure, but they require a stupid amount of work and once you have them all you probably don't need them.
Less decorations, more upgrades that you can use during runs please. It's all this game needed to elevate it from "meh" to "awesome".

Yeah, I also felt the game just sort of stopped. I felt it was a real missed opportunity that there wasn't really anything else to be gained from maxing out affinities. It also felt like the game was going to gear you up to seeing the Olympus gods but that never happened.

Battery capacity is entirely limited to the physical size of the battery.

The only way to include a “better” battery is to include a physically larger battery, and that would probably have been impossible without increasing the physical size of the controller.