NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

I've definitely almost completely shifted to digital only for my PS5. Obviously did it years ago on PC but it took me this long to do it for console. It was mostly the cheaper price of physical games that kept me buying them.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Yup, if by that point the entirety of gaming hasn't left physical copies left for dead :(

It's certainly heading that way and was stupidly accelerated thanks to covid. I do wonder if physical games will be able to remain in the market. I think of how CDs and DVD/BluRays are still around despite the mass market streaming most things but I dunno if you can compare those industries to the gaming industry. 

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's certainly heading that way and was stupidly accelerated thanks to covid. I do wonder if physical games will be able to remain in the market. I think of how CDs and DVD/BluRays are still around despite the mass market streaming most things but I dunno if you can compare those industries to the gaming industry. 

Yeah I think it is a harder one to compare. Games when downloaded will still play the same while blu rays still tend to be superior to their streamed or digital versions. Plus you still get a load of extras which are mostly unique to physical movie discs. Granted it's not the majority these days but there's still a big enough audience for physical media in movie/TV discs. The recent release of the 1-6 Star Trek movies 4k boxset being an example of this when they released the 1-4 boxset to guage interest and the sales were good enough to justify more (and annoy all the people that bought the 1-4 boxset).

• Thanks 1

Wanna see a wonderful display of my video gaming skills? The Messenger brings it all out:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

And this always gets me :( 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 2