NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

19 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Jeez. The coloured ones make it look even worse than the white! 

I like the black, red and purple. Not a fan of the pink or light blue though.

Guys, I'm joining the club! haha. I'm a bit confused though. How do I know what PS4 games I can upgrade to PS5 and what just look better (if that makes sense)? Like I know God of War is supposed to be so much better on the PS4 but it's still a PS4 game, right? However, I've just got the PS5 versions of FFVII:R, RE: Village and Plague. Is there a list of games you can upgrade? I've visited a few sites and they also include PS4 games that look better but I just want a solid list of games I can upgrade to the PS5 version from the PS4 games I have already bought...

Also, any recommendations for games on the PS5? So far, I just have Ratchet and Clank: Rifts Apart and it is amazing! 

Welcome to the club! I buy all of my games through PSN and there is usually a stand-alone version for the PS5 when a conversion has been done “properly” - I say “properly” as I’m sure many of these are just a PS4 Pro version labeled differently. All of the games have had to be compatible with PS4 Pro for a long time now so you’ll at least get that version with anything you have that is specifically PS4 only. 

PS5 specific stuff I think Miles Morales and Astro’s Playroom are essential. Once F1 2021 came out in the summer I haven't actually played much else so I need to do some catching up myself.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 1:36 PM, Will said:

Welcome to the club! I buy all of my games through PSN and there is usually a stand-alone version for the PS5 when a conversion has been done “properly” - I say “properly” as I’m sure many of these are just a PS4 Pro version labeled differently. All of the games have had to be compatible with PS4 Pro for a long time now so you’ll at least get that version with anything you have that is specifically PS4 only. 

PS5 specific stuff I think Miles Morales and Astro’s Playroom are essential. Once F1 2021 came out in the summer I haven't actually played much else so I need to do some catching up myself.

I just bought the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales so I got Spider-Man Remastered with it and I see a massive difference. I've played that game to death and loved it and it's great looking at the visuals. I don't know what settings to have it on. Right now, I have it on "Performance RT" (I think it's called that). Is that the best one?

38 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don't know what settings to have it on. Right now, I have it on "Performance RT" (I think it's called that). Is that the best one?

Performance RT should be the “best” option if you want a nice balance of graphical performance and high frame rate. Dependent on your setup and how sensitive you are to frame rates you may find one of the other options better. Best thing to do is give them all a try and see which works best for you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Will said:

Performance RT should be the “best” option if you want a nice balance of graphical performance and high frame rate. Dependent on your setup and how sensitive you are to frame rates you may find one of the other options better. Best thing to do is give them all a try and see which works best for you.

Basically I want it as smooth as silk and looking amazing, haha. I think I might be on the correct setting. I noticed it said that it was 1080p and not 4K but honestly, it still looked better than it did on the PS4. The colours are a lot more vibrant and clear and the fluid movement was just amazing to play

You can now find your PlayStation playing stats from last year in the 2021 PlayStation Wrap-Up report here

Do find it very funny that Death Stranding is front and centre, considering all I've done with it so far is upgrade to the Director's Cut :p 

Compared to 2020's stats from last February, some interesting takeaways are:

• Total playtime in 2021 (895 hours) was only 7 hours less than in 2020 (902 hours), and all this despite the fact that I took a break from gaming which lasted a few months. FIFA more than made up for it I guess, as did my weekly play sessions with some friends on GTA!
  • I played 20 fewer games on modern PlayStation hardware in 2021 when compared with 2020 (16 vs 36). 
  • Hours played online increased substantially from 125 hours (14% of total 2020 playtime) to 219 hours (24% of total 2021 playtime), though I suppose I didn't start playing with my friends on a weekly basis until a few months into 2020, so that increase isn't too surprising. 
  • I said in last year's post after playing across 156 days in 2020 that I would aim to surpass 200 days played in 2021...and apparently I did. Not sure how that happened. 
  • Despite playing substantially fewer games, I got 499 trophies in 2021 compared with 542 in 2020. This is down to going for a few more Platinums (4 in 2021 vs 1 in 2020), but a lot of these and a Platinum popped from the Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut upgrade before I played the Iki Island DLC. 

Haven't started a game in 2022 yet...and seeing these numbers might be the push I needed. 

Edited by Julius

Firstly, I tried to login to my Playstation account using Chrome, and it made me do some bullshit mouse and cheese puzzle to prove i was human. Only it broke, and it kept making me do them. First it asked for me to do 5 puzzles, but once i'd done 5, it jumped to do 20 of them?! 

Anyway, bathe in my glory:

Sony-2021-1.png
Sony-2021-2.png
Sony-2021-3.png
Sony-2021-4.png

Capture.png

Interesting that they don't even update the word 'games' to be singular. Lame.

Edited by bob
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, bob said:

Interesting that they don't even update the word 'games' to be singular. Lame.

I find it funnier that it says "You've had a great year" in the last pic.

Gives the impression that not playing the PS5 is a fantastic use of your free time.

Edited by Glen-i

Those cheese puzzles are ridiculous, they better not catch on. 

Definitely wasn't worth solving 20 of the bloody things to look at my pathetic statistics. 

Those cheese puzzles are ridiculous, they better not catch on. 
Definitely wasn't worth solving 20 of the bloody things to look at my pathetic statistics. 
I gave up when it asked me that. Switched to Edge and it just sent me a 2FA text instead.

2 hours ago, bob said:

Firstly, I tried to login to my Playstation account using Chrome, and it made me do some bullshit mouse and cheese puzzle to prove i was human. Only it broke, and it kept making me do them. First it asked for me to do 5 puzzles, but once i'd done 5, it jumped to do 20 of them?! 

Same here, only I was using iPad Safari. The most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.

38 minutes ago, Ike said:

The cover plates are available via Sony Direct if you want to spend £45 on 2 pieces of coloured plastic.

I'm definitely going to spend 45 quid on these pieces of plastic.

Seems I actually played enough for the review to work this time.

y4mNtahdkYTyJrsLXewcT7G4AD1djrwEvbYfwZJE

y4mxHFLY-02tgNOUE9bJqMnn0fX6eMckwTU_yKYr

6 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm definitely going to spend 45 quid on these pieces of plastic.

I'm a little tempted, ngl.

I saw someone on Twitter mention the cat and mouse thing and thought it was a metaphor for a captcha thing and then saw an image. What the hell

New plates have arrived!

FJoBsdcX0AIizS4?format=jpg&name=large

Appropriate music.

First time using PlayStation Direct, very impressed by the quick turnaround. Only real downside is that now some of my accessories don't match the console.

I'm still not fully sold on all black, even seeing it in person, as the matte black plates do look a little on the cheap side, but it does match the rest of my set-up a bit more than the white. I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if it grows on me! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

Untitled.jpg

Sorry, it's in German :p 

1004 hours played, a little less than half of it came from PS5 games. Impressive and it shows what a great first year the console had. Absolutely incredible :peace: 
22 Platinum trophies. Honestly felt like I acquired less. Not too shabby, though :D 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

That looks great @Julius! Think I'm going to go for the Cosmic Red once I have somewhere to put my PS5.

• Like 1

Looks like the ability to upload gameplay clips and screenshots directly from the PlayStation 5 to the PS App is finally being rolled out. For now it looks like it's being rolled out in the US, it's seemingly for PS5's only, and will be limited to automatically uploading your captures moving forwards, rather than giving you the option to manually select. 

One step at a time, but this will finally save time in my group chats on Fridays when one of us witnesses something hilarious in GTA, that's for sure! :D

• Like 1

Picked up some small card cutouts of the PlayStation logo in PS1 and PS2 colours from Etsy to add a bit more colour to my PS5:

FKCnFO5XEAcYBLC?format=jpg&name=large

I think I'm leaning towards the PS1 colourway - the black specifically really reminds me of the Net Yaroze PS1 dev kit photos I've seen. In terms of the PS2 colourway I'd probably be leaning towards matching it with the white faceplate? 

It came about through sheer laziness when testing the different combinations and not wanting to remove the bulkier faceplate, but I kind of like how the PS5 appears with a bit of a panda look...

FKCnFg6XoAABNcN?format=jpg&name=large

Any opinions welcome :peace: (because I don't know which I want to commit to! :p)

With a bit more practice I think I've got a fairly reliable system now to not scratch the black plastic underneath the faceplates when removing them, which I managed on my first attempt last week. You basically need to make a '4' with your arms by laying the PS5 flat on a table with the PS logo up and the bottom of the console facing you. Grab the corner with the PS logo with your right hand, and the opposite corner (closest corner on your right) with your left hand (left arm tucked under your right arm). Pull both corners up slightly and then slightly pull towards you, using your thumb on your left hand to limit the console's movement - I found that it should detach pretty easily! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Black + PS2 all the way. If you choose anything other than that, you'll be banned.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I actually prefer white and PS1 😆

Banned! 

:p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1