NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Happy to see Sackboy and Miles on the list. Depending on how much of a discount they get, I will probably pick up retail versions of them both during this sale.

4 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:
Starting next week, the Days of Play sale will see the likes of Sackboy, Miles Morales and Demon's Souls going on sale.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/18/days-of-play-2021-activities-start-today-with-playstation-player-celebration-sale-kicks-off-may-26/

PlayStation 4 games

• Death Stranding
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Selection of PlayStation Hits games

PlayStation 5 games

• Demon’s Souls
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • The Nioh Collection

In the case of the PS5 games they can call it "the price is should have been" sale.

Glad to see PS Plus will be discounted, will be interesting to see how cheap you can get it for when factoring in discounted PSN cards.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 3

I was a bit skeptical after managing to order a PS5 last week, it just arrived in the post though. Got a busy few weeks ahead so I'll leave setting it up until after that's over.

In the meantime I want to get a new TV to go with it, anyone got recommendations? Eurogamer's guide only seems to focus on huge TVs, ideally I need something smaller than 30" for my room.

• Like 5

Hopefully Demon's Souls will be competitively priced. If it's around £35-39 I'll probably bit. I was so hyped to play it originally but £70 is way too much.

Ghosts of Tshushima got a 60FPS patch right? If so, I'm tempted to give that a go. Nioh Collection is tempting but I only really want to play 2.

Hopefully Demon's Souls will be competitively priced. If it's around £35-39 I'll probably bit. I was so hyped to play it originally but £70 is way too much.
Ghosts of Tshushima got a 60FPS patch right? If so, I'm tempted to give that a go. Nioh Collection is tempting but I only really want to play 2.
I can't see it being that. I reckon it'll be £55 or thereabouts.

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:
20 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

I can't see it being that. I reckon it'll be £55 or thereabouts.

£25 or @Goafer eats his hat

• Haha 1

PS5

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - £42.99

Sackboy A Big Adventure! - £51.99

Demon's Souls Remake – £59.99

Marvel's Spiderman Ultimate Edition – £59.99

PS4

Days Gone - £16.99

Marvel’s Spider-Man - £16.99

Death Stranding - £16.99

The Last of Us Part II - £22.99

Ghost of Tsushima - £30.99

PS Hits Titles for £11.99

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mandalore said:

I was a bit skeptical after managing to order a PS5 last week, it just arrived in the post though. Got a busy few weeks ahead so I'll leave setting it up until after that's over.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f7f44df4e0128ba56

Nice! Any particular plans for what you want to play on it first? 

2 hours ago, Mandalore said:

In the meantime I want to get a new TV to go with it, anyone got recommendations? Eurogamer's guide only seems to focus on huge TVs, ideally I need something smaller than 30" for my room.

Depending on your budget, at that sort of size, maybe a monitor would be more suitable? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Nice! Any particular plans for what you want to play on it first? 

Depending on your budget, at that sort of size, maybe a monitor would be more suitable? 

The first thing I'll play will definitely be Astro's Playroom, heard some great things about how it makes use of the DualSense.

As for TV budget, I guess I could spend £1000 if pushed but I'd rather spend half that if I can still get something that does the PS5 justice. My current TV is 32" which seems about the right size.

• Like 1

The problem is now that you need more than 32" for 4k (not sure that's a hard rule but you never really see them) and 4k is all anyone ever talks about now so you don't hear a lot about smaller tv's anymore to be able to make recommendations.

2 hours ago, Cube said:

PS5

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - £42.99

Sackboy A Big Adventure! - £51.99

Demon's Souls Remake – £59.99

Marvel's Spiderman Ultimate Edition – £59.99

PS4

Days Gone - £16.99

Marvel’s Spider-Man - £16.99

Death Stranding - £16.99

The Last of Us Part II - £22.99

Ghost of Tsushima - £30.99

PS Hits Titles for £11.99

£60? Fucking hell what a joke.

TLoU2 has just received a 60 FPS patch so I'll be purchasing that.

Looks like another Final Fantasy game is on the way that is exclusive to PlayStation.

I believe you can expect at least one more major FF announcement in addition to updates on the currently announced stuff (XVI/Endwalker/VIIR).
It should be a good E3 season for Square overall.

I don't know their exact E3 schedule, but I'm guessing based on knowledge of what games they have in development, how far in they are, and their target release dates. So take it with a grain of salt.

I believe we're getting two major SE reveals this June: A PS5 exclusive FF title, and a cross-gen Eidos title.

Just to set expectations: It's something new. Not as high-end as FFXVI or Forespoken but certainly more significant than World of FF or a remaster. Conceptually, I think it might be up many people' alley.

For reference, this person correctly leaked Sony’s Future of Gaming event last year and has correctly leaked a bunch of other stuff since. I’m very intrigued what the game will be. C’mon Crisis Core remake. :D 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like another Final Fantasy game is on the way that is exclusive to PlayStation.

For reference, this person correctly leaked Sony’s Future of Gaming event last year and has correctly leaked a bunch of other stuff since. I’m very intrigued what the game will be. C’mon Crisis Core remake. :D 

We're already getting that...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

We're already getting that...

I meant a proper, big budget one. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

C’mon Crisis Core remake. :D 

Only if they redo the entire gameplay. The story was ok, but the gameplay was garbage :p

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Only if they redo the entire gameplay. The story was ok, but the gameplay was garbage :p

You wound me deeply, sir. :( 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You wound me deeply, sir. :( 

Good :p

Nah, I just didn't like it. Found it tedious to play ::shrug:

I'd be up for a remake, though. Add Dirge of Cerberus, as I've never played it, and it's all good.

On 21/05/2021 at 3:59 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I'd been racking my head the last few days as every possibility seemed to slowly get shot down in that thread as I thought of them, but thankfully they've come forward and it sounds like it'll be a Soulslike: 

It's tricky. It's certainly Souls-inspired, but it's not exactly what you'd imagine when you hear "Souls-like FF".

I mean, I'm in, regardless of exactly what that entails. Potentially in development by Team Ninja (Nioh), which would be interesting to see some of their Souls interpretation applied to an existing IP. Some are floating around the name "Final Fantasy Origin", so...I guess that means crystals? Definitely sounds like a 35th anniversary project for next year if that's the title :p it also makes me wonder if it's something of a retelling of the original Final Fantasy but with a focus on action, though I guess I don't know if they'd want something else like that going on with VII Remake ongoing. Also, I've always thought that the Dragoon Armour would suit the style of a Souls game, so that'd be neat to see potentially pop up if this is the case! 

They also went on to say:

Like I said before, it's not high-end (think Nier Automata or a bit higher) so temper your expectations, but it's something that many could get really into, at least conceptually.

So basically a budget somewhere between AA and AAA, but not AAAA (like a main Final Fantasy title like XVI or VII Remake would get) I guess? It's intriguing all the same. 

Puts me in the mood to play more FF (and heck more From Software games too), that's for sure! Maybe I'll get around to X and/or Dark Souls later this summer :p

• Like 1

That would be really quite cool. Although somehow I doubt S-E could pull it off in the same way From Software do. Final Fantasy is their golden goose and their games often feel set up to sell DLC these days.

Finally managed to find a source on where Team Ninja's name being attached to this came from, this renowned French leaker who was apparently one of the only ones to leak the Ghost of Tsushima post-launch updates:

Found some rough translations of the video, in which he goes on to talk about:

- it apparently being called Final Fantasy Origin, or something along those lines

- developed by Team Ninja

- Souls-like, mentioned Jedi Fallen Order as a point of reference

- PS5 exclusive (as H-o-T mentioned)

- most interestingly, to me at least: there will be a demo on the PlayStation Store this summer to gather feedback

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

The mention of Jedi Fallen Order is cause for concern. No game should be using that as a template, especially one trying to mimic a Souls game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The mention of Jedi Fallen Order is cause for concern. No game should be using that as a template, especially one trying to mimic a Souls game.

I'm hoping that it's more of a "hey, we see what you tried to do there, we'd be interested in giving that a go too with our own big property, with the necessary tweaks" rather than following the same path as Jedi Fallen Order, because yeah, I totally agree that it might be a point for concern otherwise. 

Thought that game had some good moments, and I really enjoyed it from Dathomir onwards, but it needed more time in the oven, and the Souls-like aspects of it in particular just didn't feel at all baked into the actual design of the game. I think we've talked before about how getting access to easy backstabs on the way back to the ship on certain planets felt kind of pointless given how troopers (and most other generic enemy types) were nothing more than cannon fodder anyways, so it didn't feel all that rewarding to be handed these easy kills.

When I think back to one of my favourite places in Demon's Souls, a place where you can farm healing grass, what made it so great was getting to backstab these knights who had been giving me a seriously hard time before getting to the end of that "level". Heck, occasionally I'd mess up sneaking up behind them and I'd be caught off guard before we entered an intense fight, so even though the option for the easy backstab was there, the game still demanded my attention. 

Again, enjoyed most of JFO for what it was and thought it really picked up towards the end, and I'm excited to see where Respawn with it go next, but even though that game pulls from elsewhere too (like God of War), the Soulsborne influence looking back on it now, with only one From game under my belt, seems pretty clear. I think it's getting the balance right of making something that can be accessible like Jedi Fallen Order was, while not pulling any punches, like having a single difficulty the game is designed and balanced around. You can always come out with a harder difficulty post-launch to push things even further (or you know, maybe just throw some DLC stuff at us that's tougher). 

• Like 1

I see Fallen Order as more of a Metroidvania-like game than a Souls game. Mostly because I loved it while I hated Demons Souls and Bloodbourne.