NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Fantastic news for Jade and the team she's got there, which is likely made up of many of those she was working with at Stadia Games and Entertainment. Their loss is our gain as with the first title being a PlayStation exclusive, her studio will finally get the support it needs to finalise their vision.

Excited to see whats to come from them but kudos to the team there.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I hope it works out for her. She could do with catching a break

What happened?

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

What happened?

Moved to EA to work on the now cancelled Star Wars game. Moved to Google to work on the practically cancelled Stadia. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Moved to EA to work on the now cancelled Star Wars game. Moved to Google to work on the practically cancelled Stadia. 

I see.

She's in much better hands now, though :) (hope this post doesn't come back to bite me in the ass, or her ass...no, that sounds weird)

• Haha 1

Sony are doing another indie spotlight through the blogs, with several announcements over the next couple of hours (new title every half an hour if they're following a similar pattern to previous spotlights).

First title is Operation Tango, an asymmetrical co-op game that was shown off a couple of days ago during one of the recent Mix indie streams.

Expect a release date announcement for Disco Elysium at some point today with this being announced, and with their head of press relations saying on their Discord that today would be a good day.

Edit 1: Second game is Chicory: A Colourful Tale coming this Spring on both PS5 and PS4:

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

One of my best mates managed to order a PS5 and got it a few hours ago. That fucker didn't tell me :D

Anyways, just got a text which loosely translates to: "The DualSense is fucking amazing. Astro's Playroom is fucking amazing. This is all fucking amazing." :laughing:
I'd say he's having fun.

Finally got my PS5 earlier today as well.

Got the platinum on Astro's Playroom. Great game. Never a fan of motion control, but I loved the new L2/R2 triggers. They even have rumble now :D The rumble and controller audio will be awesome in other games if developer take advantage of them.

Just started Marquette like 20 minutes ago. Intend to play that and Spider-Man MM this weekend, and then either Pathless, Bugsnax, Fall Guys S4 and Maneater(again) next week until the second Cyberpunk patch. Hopefully it arrives as scheduled so I can finally play a working decent looking game during Easter.

The trophies are bit annoying now, way to many button presses to check on them. I'm sure it will be improved though.

Edited by Tales
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Tales said:

Finally got my PS5 earlier today as well.

Got the platinum on Astro's Playroom. Great game. Never a fan of motion control, but I loved the new L2/R2 triggers. They even have rumble now :D The rumble and controller audio will be awesome in other games if developer take advantage of them.

Just started Marquette like 20 minutes ago. Intend to play that and Spider-Man MM this weekend, and then either Pathless, Bugsnax, Fall Guys S4 and Maneater(again) next week until the second Cyberpunk patch. Hopefully it arrives as scheduled so I can finally play a working decent looking game during Easter.

The trophies are bit annoying now, way to many button presses to check on them. I'm sure it will be improved though.

Realised you must of got one when I kept getting notified of you beating all my scores in Astro! :D Astro is amazing, such a great introduction to the PS5 and always good hearing people’s impressions of it. Enjoy Miles Morales, another great launch game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tales said:

the second Cyberpunk patch

This won't be the PS5 patch, though, in case you didn't know.

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

This won't be the PS5 patch, though, in case you didn't know.

I know. But I figured it will make the game more than playable when played on a PS5.

I will play it again when the actual upgrade arrives in fall.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tales said:

This is super annoying and makes me not want to check my trophies.

Well, that and the fact that I hate the new trophy list layout. Four whole trophies on screen at once? You spoil us, Sony.

c076z5D.jpg

• Like 1

This is super annoying and makes me not want to check my trophies.
Well, that and the fact that I hate the new trophy list layout. Four whole trophies on screen at once? You spoil us, Sony.
c076z5D.jpg
Definitely this. Thought I might be doing something wrong but you've noticed it too. Wish you could see a list view with small icons, makes scrolling through the trophy list a bit laborious. Seeing the percentage completed so far for each trophy is nice though.
  • Like 1

It's annoying having a whopping 4 trophies on screen at any one time but for me what's even worse is each one is afforded about 20 letters to play with, so if you can't read what it says, you have to click into each one. :indeed:

• Like 2

Just finished Spiderman: Remastered which I thought was excellent. I've decided to hold off Miles Morales but was wondering what to play next. Thankfully, Disco Elysium comes out next week which I'm really hyped for. I recall it getting a lot of GOTY nods last year so I'm super stoked to finally play it.

• Like 1

I've had a PS5 since early December (Thanks, BT :grin:) and I'm still yet to purchase a single PS5 game!

Astro's Playroom was pretty fun, particularly in discovering all of the cool aspects of the DualSense, but beyond that, I've only added the monthly PS+ games to my library each month but haven't been drawn to play anything other than working through some of the PS4 games I own.

There are certainly plenty of PS4 games to enjoy and while it would be nice to experience some of them with the enhanced capabilities afforded by PS5, I don't think the outlay at the moment is anywhere near worth it when I can already play it all on PS4 (and even then, it's fighting for what little time I have available with Switch)

With that in mind, I'm selling the PS5 to a fella in work who will likely have more of an appreciation for what it can offer him right now. I'll likely re-evaluate things again in due course (I'm sure I'll be tempted when PES 2022 appears :heh:) but hopefully I can stay well enough disciplined and wait for the inevitable 'slim' in a few years time!

PS5 is the first PlayStation I've owned this early in its life and while I didn't suffer any of the early problems that others faced, it largely feels like a mistake in hindsight.

If I didn't already have a PS4, the wealth of free content as a PS+ subscriber and the latest 'Play at Home' giveaways would feel exciting and enticing but here we are..

Edited by nekunando

7 hours ago, nekunando said:

it largely feels like a mistake in hindsight.

May I ask: Why did you even buy one?
It's not a dig at you, I just genuinely wonder since what you found to be the issue(s) has been quite apparent before the PS5's release.

Edited by drahkon

9 hours ago, nekunando said:

I've had a PS5 since early December (Thanks, BT :grin:) and I'm still yet to purchase a single PS5 game!

Astro's Playroom was pretty fun, particularly in discovering all of the cool aspects of the DualSense, but beyond that, I've only added the monthly PS+ games to my library each month but haven't been drawn to play anything other than working through some of the PS4 games I own.

There are certainly plenty of PS4 games to enjoy and while it would be nice to experience some of them with the enhanced capabilities afforded by PS5, I don't think the outlay at the moment is anywhere near worth it when I can already play it all on PS4 (and even then, it's fighting for what little time I have available with Switch)

With that in mind, I'm selling the PS5 to a fella in work who will likely have more of an appreciation for what it can offer him right now. I'll likely re-evaluate things again in due course (I'm sure I'll be tempted when PES 2022 appears :heh:) but hopefully I can stay well enough disciplined and wait for the inevitable 'slim' in a few years time!

PS5 is the first PlayStation I've owned this early in its life and while I didn't suffer any of the early problems that others faced, it largely feels like a mistake in hindsight.

If I didn't already have a PS4, the wealth of free content as a PS+ subscriber and the latest 'Play at Home' giveaways would feel exciting and enticing but here we are..

Out of interest have you considered selling your PS4 instead? I sold my PS4 Pro 1TB after buying my PS5 for 260 quid including delivery, which covered more than half the cost of the PS5. The way I see it, once you have a PS5 there's no point in having the noisy and less powerful PS4, so may as well sell it. In terms of the cost of the PS5, it's a very good deal for the spec which makes me think we won't see dramatic price reductions for a long time. And I'm going to want to continue to play games over the next few years.

9 hours ago, nekunando said:

I don't think you'll be missing much for the rest of the year apart from Ratchet and Horizon, thank god for Horizon or I'd have been similarly a bit let down by the drought that's on atm.

Definitely think selling your PS4 would be a better bet though, if you're jus going to buy the PS5 again anyway.

15 hours ago, nekunando said:

This right here is why I’ve yet to buy a PS5.

I think both it and the new Xbox launches have been pretty meh, with both consoles relying heavily on upgrades of older games rather than new content.  The games will obviously come but with how long they take to make, along with the pandemic causing development issues, it could be a while before either of the new consoles hit their stride.

It's definitely been a different console launch this time around but I've actually found myself playing my PS5 a lot more than I did other consoles after launch. The fact that I'm getting better experiences now with older games I either never got around to or feel like replaying ended up being a much bigger draw for me than I thought it would be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It's definitely been a different console launch this time around but I've actually found myself playing my PS5 a lot more than I did other consoles after launch. The fact that I'm getting better experiences now with older games I either never got around to or feel like replaying ended up being a much bigger draw for me than I thought it would be.

Yeah. When you think about launches usually you get a bunch of games that mostly aren't great, that you'll play for a bit then drop - then you're basically stuck waiting for content. Having backwards compatibility and most of your existing games improved upon makes the PS5 a very easy sell (that, and the system is far quieter).

Even if it took 2 years for a lot of PS5-specific content, I think about how much cheaper the PS5 will likely be by then and to me it doesn't justify the wait. For my own situation, if I waited 2 years before buying my PS5 then I doubt my PS4 Pro would have sold for anywhere near as much, so even if there was an official 50 quid or so discount to the PS5 by then, I reckon I'd ultimately be less well off by waiting.

Not everyone wants to sell their console I admit, but even by waiting for a potential discount, the value proposition doesn't feel there. It took 2 years for the PS4 to receive an official 50 quid discount. Some people might value that saving, but that extra 50 quid feels like a very fair price to pay for 2 years of enhanced games, a mostly silent console, and the exclusives and better versions of games that release during that time.

One of the reasons I got a PS5 was to upgrade of playing experience. I didn't get a PS4 Pro so going from a base PS4 to PS5 was a significant jump. I also bought a new TV to take advantage of 4K and HDR.

I haven't actually played any "PS5" games yet apart from Astro's Playroom and Marquette. I've spent most of my time playing The Last of Us 2, RDR2 and Bloodborne. None of those of games currently have PS5 upgrades, but it was nice to play such pretty titles like The Last of Us 2 and RDR2 in (nearly) 4K, HDR (even if the HDR is broken in RDR2) and with a smooth performance.

I was originally against getting a PS5 at launch if there weren't going to be any games out for it I cared about. But playing God of War last year on an original PS4 making the sound of a jet engine with those horrendous load times helped persuade me to make the jump. I figured that I will get a PS5 at some point anyway.