NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well...it certainly makes me look like a fool :p

It's so strange. This and Demon's Souls having PC mentioned initially in its trailer in September makes me wonder if these are internal goals that PlayStation is aware of but aren't ready to set in stone?

I mean, looking at Kena for example, that was supposed to be a launch title, so a delay to March doesn't seem too crazy. January 2022 for Athia could be a placeholder date for 2022 in general; that has been in the works for a while already, so maybe Square Enix have told them behind closed doors that 2022 is the aim? How that then works it's way onto this presentation is still confusing, though.

Ratchet and Clank and Horizon being a bit more nebulous makes sense I guess, I imagine the former is being polished and the latter is still aiming for later this year of course, but they just want to leave it late to have a short lead-in time from date announcement to release (like when we didn't get the PS5 launch titles announced until after that September event, which was still the strangest part of that whole thing for me).

The main one stumping me is Pragmata, you don't just pluck 2023 out of thin air when all official materials say 2022, because a delay of that size being noticed that far out would most likely be related to COVID (we saw other Japanese developers delay their schedules by about 7 months, which was time needed to working from home), but would they have that timetable change this early, and after only revealing it in September? 

All super weird. Oh well, should keep us guessing at any rate (and I suppose it won't be too long until we know whether there's any accuracy to this) :p

Yeah... 2021 is basically gonna get delayed into 2022 (not just for Sony, but for everyone).

THIS is when we’ll really start feeling the effects of COVID on game development...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Seems like stock is starting to trickle out in the UK again - Smyths, Game, AO and Currys have all had them for sale again the last few days but they're still like gold dust, selling out in a matter of minutes. Reseller prices are starting to trend downwards but they're still at a level where they can make a tidy profit so I don't think the use of bots is going to slow down for a few while, at this rate i'll be surprised if I can get one before the end of March.

SO SHopTo got restocked and I was never informed. You'd think they'd e-mail the guys that had their pre-orders cancelled first but no...I guess not, they make it a free for all.

• Confused 1

So weird thing is happening with my Dualsense. On the textured back of the controller, I've got a small area on the back where my right hand would rest (about the side of a 5p coin) where the PlayStation symbol texture has rubbed off completely with their being a dark ring round this area. I noticed it weeks ago but I've yet to see anyone else make mention of having it happen to them.

Its odd as I've been washing my hands regularly before play on my PS5 but it doesn't look as though its to do with dirt or anything having gone on the controller. It looks like an abrasion but again, I've been careful with the controller and have always had it on a flat surface where the area in question isn't in contact with the surface.

I'm wondering if the controller was like that to start with, as I've definitely got what look like smudge marks on the shell of the console itself and I noticed these when unlocking. Just very odd. Doesn't hamper play or anything just odd that there's this one small circular area that's been rubbed down when the rest of the texture is fine ::shrug:

Regardless, enjoying my time with the PS5 immensely, even if the WiFi on the console is woeful compared to the PS4 and even the base Xbox One (my console is still regularly disconnecting and not maintain a connection at all yet my Xbox One in the same room is managing easily). Got myself a hefty library of games to play through (AC Valhalla, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Dirt 5, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Ghostrunner, Star Wars Squadrons, Crash Bandicoot 4, Maneater, Spiritfarer, Shady Part of Me, Haven, Kentucky Route Zero, Hitman 2 and Ni No Kuni 2) but definitely itching for Ratchet and Clank at this point.

Just now, Mandalore said:

Next Digital Foundry article?

Would Sony dare sabotage the Series X version to make the PS5 version look better in comparison I wonder...

I do hope they do a comparison; it'd make for an interesting read/watch I'm sure!

PlayStation 2020 Wrap Up stats are rolling out. Was stuck between putting this here or in the PS4 thread, but yeah, I'm just sticking it here. Because :p

The link. You'll probably need to change the locale to /en-us/. 

My 2020 Wrap Up

Yeah okay, so I can already tell just looking through that some of these are a little off, but oh well, it's just some fun! 

EtOsuptWYAcThq6?format=jpg&name=large

EtOsuy3XAAQ_UJ1?format=jpg&name=medium

Yeah, so this one hurts. GTA V not so much, because that's just Friday night with the guys from work, but that's the least FIFA I've played in a year by far and it still totalled 50 hours.

Yes, I'm a corporate shill.

Oh, and I swear I'm not too far off the same mark for FIFA 21, and I only started playing that about a month ago. Definitely going to have to delete it after this next Career Mode season. Gah, I hate it! 

EtOsu87XEAUVGYX?format=jpg&name=large

From what I've seen this is probably falling on the lower end of anything, and holy cow, that's easily the most hours I've put into gaming in a year. Yeah, no hour and a half morning and evening commute seriously adds up, and this is just on PlayStation; considering that I have over 70 hours in Xenoblade and 50 hours in Animal Crossing, as well as a few PS3 games which wouldn't be included in this too, I'm solidly over the 1000 hour mark in gaming for a year for the first time in my life.

I don't know whether to be proud or concerned. 

EtOsvGyXUAIQ0YN?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, single player gaming or get out is how I roll. Well, besides Fridays, which are long sessions, clearly! 

EtOs6iTXYAEY1lr?format=jpg&name=medium

Again, kind of crazy for me. Let's hope it passed the 200 mark this year :p

EtOs6r3XMAI7i8g?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, there it is. The Wednesday dip doesn't surprise me so much, but Sunday is clearly higher than Saturday just because I'm trying to get a game finished before returning to work on the Monday :laughing:

EtOs61KXIAARlra?format=jpg&name=large

I've just checked and this is nearly half of my current trophy count (1348). Holy cow. Just checked and I've soared by a lot of my friends in terms of trophy levels who have been on PlayStation Network since early on in the PS3's life.

Which makes it abundantly clear I don't have anyone on here on PSN :blank:

EtOs69yXEAE1SHN?format=jpg&name=medium

Yeah, so this and the next part is making me question if all of the stats I've shared so far are just based on my time spent with the PS4? Because I got three Platinum trophies this year (Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Astro's Playroom) but only one was on the PS4. I don't know ::shrug: anyways, that's the most Platinum trophies for me in a year since 2018, when I think I picked up 5, but maybe I'm forgetting some? Off the top of my head being Shenmue, Shenmue II, Spider-Man, Dragon Quest XI, and a super short game called Burly Men at Sea I played that Christmas. 

PS5-specific stuff: 

EtOt5b9WYAQv2eV?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, that checks out. 

EtOt5lSWQAMXv--?format=jpg&name=large

As does that.

EtOt5u0XIAEhJ6M?format=jpg&name=medium

Yeah, okay, but this doesn't. 

BRING THE PS5 THEMES ON YOU COWARDS. 

Edited by Julius

I'm just going to type it out.

66 games played.

AC Valhalla 182 hours. Very sure this is wrong. Think it's more like 120. Or 140 at most.

Fall guys 110 hours. Surprised it isn't more.

FFVII Remake 71. More accurate I think. I played 1 and half playthrough and some chapter replays.

Total hours played: 2457. 2404 locally and 53 online. How do I have 110 hours on Fall Guys but only 53 played online :p Played some Fortnite in the beginning of the year too. Anyway, 9 hours in vr.

261 days played. Afternoon Sunday is when I played the most. Except for Friday it's similar to Julius with the dip on Wednesday. Not sure why,  thought it would be more even.

954 trophies earned of which 16 is platinum.

• Like 1

It says I played 72 hours last year...in total.

What do think? True or false :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It says I played 72 hours last year...in total.

What do you think? True or false :D

giphy.gif

Edited by Julius
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Julius said:

I've just checked and this is nearly half of my current trophy count (1348). Holy cow. Just checked and I've soared by a lot of my friends in terms of trophy levels who have been on PlayStation Network since early on in the PS3's life.

Which makes it abundantly clear I don't have anyone on here on PSN :blank:

You should add Hero-of-Time to keep you humble.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Magnus said:

You should add Hero-of-Time to keep you humble.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at :laughing:

xx0RYEO.gif

And it's name is @Hero-of-Time :p

• Haha 1

37 Games (I thought it would have been more).

56 hours in Control, 51 hours in Days Gone, 41 hours in Greedfall

656 total hours

651 hours played offline.

• Like 1

For me:

• Games Played: 24
  • Top Games:
    1. F1 2019 - 140 Hours
    2. F1 2020 - 89 Hours
    3. GTA5 - 36 Hours
  • Total hours of gameplay: 373
  • Local / Online: 354 / 19
  • Hours in VR: 3
  • Days Played: 202
  • Trophies Earned: 128
    • Gold: 3
    • Silver: 23
    • Bronze: 102
  • Top PS5 Game: Spider-Man Remastered (32 Hours)
  • Total PS5 Hours: 67
  • Total PS5 Trophies: 161
  • PS+ Games Downloaded: 39

Nothing too surprising for me, wish it had broken down the PS5 trophies as that was a lot more impressive than what I managed on PS4. Although I’m playing for more stuff in 2021 I imagine the F1 games will come out on top again this year too.

• Like 1

PS5 matched the PS4 record.

Very impressive numbers, especially considering the pandemic. Again: Props to Microsoft and Sony for releasing their next gen consoles during these times. :peace:

• Thanks 1

PS5 matched the PS4 record.
Very impressive numbers, especially considering the pandemic. Again: Props to Microsoft and Sony for releasing their next gen consoles during these times. :peace:
Yeah, and it's worth noting that PS4 could still be bought in a lot of regions at launch whereas PS5 sold out near immediately everywhere it has been sold. So really PS5 would have outsold PS4 if more stock were available.

It got scalped real bad though so not sure if those numbers are really true. But since people were buying the scalped consoles anyway, probably doesn't make a difference.

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

It got scalped real bad though so not sure if those numbers are really true. But since people were buying the scalped consoles anyway, probably doesn't make a difference.

These are shipped numbers and not sold-through, so that shouldn't impact it I don't think? 

Great numbers, but obviously limited by production, and I can't help but wonder what it might have topped out if not limited in such a way. I saw that this was the highest quarterly revenue in video game history somewhere? Which is really crazy. 

The PS4 dropped off really hard, but besides holiday sales, I imagine that could still be boosted by a healthy price cut at this point. Honestly, I'm a little surprised they didn't do that already, but it's probably down to wanting something solid to fall back on in the face of COVID, which is fair. 

I did not play my PS4 at all last year because for 11 months it was in someone else's house (still is!) and the other month I was barely in the country. 

For some reason I didn't get an email though 🤔