NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Wow I'd love to get anywhere near 6-8 hours! It genuinely feels like it lasts two hours at most while playing Sackboy. Like you say I guess it's a case by case basis, and I know I've said it before but I was just hoping it would generally be closer to 20 or 40 hours like the other two consoles.

Edited by Ronnie

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Wow I'd love to get anywhere near 6-8 hours! It genuinely feels like it lasts two hours at most while playing Sackboy. Like you say I guess it's a case by case basis, and I know I've said it before but I was just hoping it would generally be closer to 20 or 40 hours like the other two consoles.

Yeah, I totally get it. Being at parity with the others would be ideal, for sure, though the charging stand and having a second controller had taken that away for me this time around. 

I've said it before, but it really does feel weird going back to the PS3 and getting longer lasting battery life there than on the DualShock 4 or DualSense (and we're talking some DualShock 3 from CeX in my case). I think that's why it's so noticeable, but it is what it is. 

How does everyone feel about the colour now by the way? I won't lie, the white and black has really grown on me this last month and a half or so! 

18 hours ago, Julius said:

How does everyone feel about the colour now by the way?

Still think it looks good, but I also still don't really care. ::shrug: 
It's not like I look at it very often. Pretty much only when I change discs or pick up/put back the DualSense to start/stop playing.

Battery life is fine. Had several 6-8 hour sessions over the holidays and always had at least one bar left. Even after completing the 5 hour campaign of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War which uses the haptics and adaptive triggers quite intensively it was at two bars. Then again, I don't need longer battery life anyways, as I usually plug my controllers in to charge whenever I stop playing.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

I can definitely recommend the official charging station, if you can find one. The controller slots in easily and it saves looking for and hooking up the cable each time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

The controller slots in easily and it saves looking for and hooking up the cable each time.

Do you have someone living with you who's hiding your cables? :p 

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Do you have someone living with you who's hiding your cables? :p 

I have a bunch of cables plugged into an extender so yeah, it's not instant for me to grab the right cable.

14 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I have a bunch of cables plugged into an extender so yeah, it's not instant for me to grab the right cable.

First World problems :p

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Julius said:

How does everyone feel about the colour now by the way? I won't lie, the white and black has really grown on me this last month and a half or so! 

It’s definitely better in person, and it is growing on me, but I’m still not super keen on it.

3 hours ago, Sheikah said:

I can definitely recommend the official charging station, if you can find one. The controller slots in easily and it saves looking for and hooking up the cable each time.

I reckon the half second I save not needing to plug it in will be eaten up by the half second longer it takes me to get to the charging station. I do want one of these when they become available though, nice to get rid of a loose cable.

I reckon the half second I save not needing to plug it in will be eaten up by the half second longer it takes me to get to the charging station. I do want one of these when they become available though, nice to get rid of a loose cable.
For me it's a case of at least 10 seconds finding the cable then a few seconds more plugging it in, then setting it down. It probably takes me just a few seconds to slot it in the bay on the charging dock, though. I keep the dock right next to where I play.
  • Like 1

I just plug my controller in when it's low and unplug it when I feel like it. My charger is on the table next to my sofa. 

Console is next to me, have a cable plugged into the USB C port for charging when i need to.  Might end up getting an official charging dock, seeing how i now own 2 PS5 controllers (the 1st being repaired, the 2nd i have now)

unknown.png

Januray January - Hitman III
February - Destruction AllStars
March - Returnal, Kena
May - Deathloop
June - Solar Ash
JulyLittle Devil Inside
October - Ghostwire Tokyo, Stray

And somewhere in-between we can expect Ratchet & Clank and Horizon Forbidden West.

Already an insane line-up for 2021. :peace:

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

unknown.png

March - Returnal, Kena
May - Deathloop
June - Solar Ash
JulyLittle Devil Inside

And somewhere in-between we can expect Ratchet & Clank and Horizon Forbidden West.

The first time I actually noticed online everyone making a real fuss before the show about there being absolutely no PlayStation news at a CES, that you'd only be setting yourself up for disappointment, and we get this :laughing:

It's not a lot, but I'll take it! Out of the ones with specified release months, it's surprisingly the indie games which have my attention the most. Kena looks cosy as hell, Little Devil Inside looked really interesting to me when it was first revealed, and in Stray you get to be a cat surrounded by robots. What's not to like? Solar Ash is probably the one of the indie games that in least interested in, though it might be unfair of me to say that without having tried out Hyper Light Drifter. 

Hitman III is a pass from me for now, simply because I'd like to try the earlier games first. Destruction AllStars I might give a go, but with only myself and a friend in my online multiplayer group having PS5's at the moment, doubt it'll be something we put any real time into. Returnal I'm really intrigued by, and while I hope it does well, that price tag has me holding off until we know and see a bit more (and potentially until we get reviews). Deathloop's intriguing too, but we all know how busy spring can get, and with how little we currently know about this year's releases, I'm going to hold off to see if there's anything else around that time I might be more interested in. Ghostwire Tokyo had me as being in a few years back when it was first revealed at E3, but learning it was first-person put a bit of a damper on things for me. 

Ratchet & Clank and Horizon I'm definitely going to be in for (and God of War too, if it does make this year, but I don't think there's much rush). It looks a promising year with that lineup having something pretty much every month, that's for sure, should be another great year for gaming :peace:

Oh, and wait, Pragmata got delayed to 2023 from 2022? I mean it's not unexpected, but still, weird they'd add that here. Got to imagine January 2022 is a placeholder for Athia because that thing seemed a ways off based on the trailer, surprised they'd add a specified year here, let alone a month, because again, that seems a super weird way in which to give this game a date. Then again, that thing has probably been in development 3-4 years at this point, so it's not totally crazy I guess. 

Imagine: XVI in 2021, Athia in 2022, VII Remake sequel in 2023? That'd be kind of nuts for Square :p 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Julius said:

it's surprisingly the indie games which have my attention the most.

Same here. I'll play Horizon but other than that it's Kena and Stray I'm really looking forward to the most.

Not a bad year. Obviously there's no way God of War will make 2020, but in terms of big first party releases Ratchet and Horizon aren't too shabby as the tentpoles.

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Obviously there's no way God of War will make 2020

Seems unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, drahkon said:

unknown.png

March - Returnal, Kena
May - Deathloop
June - Solar Ash
JulyLittle Devil Inside

Its a strong line up of console exclusives and launch exclusives. Pretty much something new every month and this is what we know about currently. I suspect there'll be others that haven't been announced that will bolster that quite nicely so yeah, 2021 is set to be a very good year for releases for the PS5.

I'm curious about whether Solar Ash will hit that June window. Heart Machine have been quietly just getting on with things since the initial announcement and while that isn't a bad thing, I do wonder whether the jump from Hyper Light Drifter as a 2d game to Solar Ash as a 3d one, with the pandemic happening, may push it back slightly. Not bothered either was as I'll definitely be picking it up as I love Hyper Light Drifter.

Also curious why Stray is October as the game has been in development for years. Perhaps a bit more ambitious than its premise suggests but would've thought it would have been releasing sooner.

The bigger one is whether Horizon Forbidden West actually launches this year. I know they're pushing for it but its the one that I could see getting pushed back into 2022. And I do think it will be. Think we'll get a provisional date for late 2021 and then as we get into the Autumn, we'll see a delay with an actual release date for March 2022, to coincide with the 5th anniversary of the original release.

I just want a release date for Rachel and Clank: Rift Apart. I had thought that would've been the February/March game this year but that doesn't look to be the case so I wonder if I'll fill the post summer gap for games, say August or September instead.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, drahkon said:

unknown.png

March - Returnal, Kena
May - Deathloop
June - Solar Ash
JulyLittle Devil Inside

For a Sony console that is also well supported by big third party games this is really good.

• Like 2

Still not too much I'm interested in on that list. :( 

I really want a release date for Ratchet and Clank. That's when I'll probably pull the trigger and get a PS5...providing that they have sorted out the stock issues by then.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Still not too much I'm interested in on that list. :( 

Oh yeah, and I'm the one with no taste... :p

In all seriousness, though: Fair enough.
I'm actually quite happy that Destruction AllStars will be a PS+ game. It's gonna be an expensive video gaming year for me so anything that keeps money in my wallet is appreciated :D

Aside from Hitman III I literally want every game from that list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

I imagine Gran Turismo will turn up this year too.

Yeah, I hope so! Been a long while since I've played a Gran Turismo game, not since 3 A-Spec way back when I picked up my PS2 the year before the PS3 launched :laughing: think this was only detailing the games included in the CES presentation. Which is why we're still waiting on that and Final Fantasy XVI :cry:

I'll be surprised if Gran Turismo doesn't make it this year, to be honest. XVI is probably Q4 2021 if we're lucky, and Q1/Q2 2022 if we're not (I think the only reason we wouldn't see it release this year is because of COVID delays, because that aside, Unit III have been stupidly consistent with what they've churned out). 

17 minutes ago, Julius said:

Yeah, I hope so! Been a long while since I've played a Gran Turismo game, not since 3 A-Spec way back when I picked up my PS2 the year before the PS3 launched.

GT3 was an amazing game. I bought my PS2 for that and Onimusha. It was the last GT game that I actually enjoyed. After that they became too realistic for my liking and it seemed like you had to micro manage everything. I think the Forza series found a better balance between simulation and arcade.

26 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Aside from Hitman III I literally want every game from that list.

I've recently been toying with the idea of trying to get into this series but I've got far too many other games to play at the moment.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've recently been toying with the idea of trying to get into this series but I've got far too many other games to play at the moment.

Same for me.

I got the entirety of Hitman I for free as the devs gave away each episode over time.
Played it once, liked it but had other stuff to play which I liked more :D

Think I'll wait for Hitman II to be free and then get the third installment further down the line since you can play all levels from the first two games in the third one.

• Like 2

Not too surprising an update, but it does feel too specific to be a mistake. 

It's why I think there's still a chance Demon's Souls makes it into PC. Like, seriously, who behind-the-scenes keeps botching these? 

• Thanks 1