NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

First PS4 game I completed on my PS5: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3.
No problems at all. In fact, the load times are much better (still atrocious...the game is not very well made from a technical standpoint :laughing:).

Next "project": Persona 5.

I got the base game free in the PS+ Collection so I figured: why not?

Edited by drahkon

There has been new stock over here in Germany, apparently.
Looks like it's sold out everywhere already :laughing:

gs-logo.jpg

There's a cue over at gamestop :D

How great would the next-gen launch have been if it wasn't for the pandemic :( Microsoft and Sony are still selling a shit-ton (i.e. everything they have) but I feel production could've been much higher without the virus rampaging through the world.

Loaded up my first disc based game yesterday and was amazed by how much time it took. To pull all of the required data off the disc took longer than it usually takes me to download something. Glad I’m mostly going digital, I had to go and do something else while it was reading the disc.

My brother managed to get one for his daughter as he happened to get alerted to stock at Argos at 2am... If anyone is a night owl. 

I preordered my PS5 months ago from Shopto and it arrived on release.

I have so many PS4 games in the backlog (with more to get), that I didn’t particularly need to go next-gen.

Except, I did, as my OG PS4 sounds like a jet engine. Playing FFVII Remake on that thing was just off putting. I haven’t bought Last of Us II or Ghosts for that reason.

So I bought the PS5 to really knuckle down on some PS4 games. I did buy Miles Morales and playing through Spider-Man Remastered at the moment. Also bought Planet Coaster. Loved Theme Park as a kid.

I’m enjoying Astro Bot and actually didn’t appreciate PlayStation history and it’s legacy compared to Nintendo’s. the controller is great and the game really shows it’s capabilities 

• Like 1

I ended up grabbing one from Argos and a pre-order from game. Then found there was nothing I actually wanted, let my mate take that one and will see how i feel when my one from Game arrives. I know I want FF7 remake and FFXVI but will see how I feel!

Gonna ask this here, 'cause I don't think it warrants its own thread:

I may want to buy a new TV/monitor. My current monitor is 23 inches so a possible new one should be between 28 and 32 inches.
Not interested in 4k 'cause I doubt it'll be in my budget (around 200€).

Can anyone recommend me a TV/monitor with those conditions?

y4mMS6RdlwxBxNWltYoGK-uZnLPfXADjq839Lo9L

Big boi get! Finally got a disk version. Not happy being forced to buy a bundle, but I was in a queue for like 50 minutes so wasn't really expecting to get one.

Currently transferring from my PS4, already filled the SSD which is concerning.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Ike said:

y4mMS6RdlwxBxNWltYoGK-uZnLPfXADjq839Lo9L

Big boi get! Finally got a disk version. Not happy being forced to buy a bundle, but I was in a queue for like 50 minutes so wasn't really expecting to get one.

Currently transferring from my PS4, already filled the SSD which is concerning.

Haha.. I did the transfer this afternoon and I think the best thing to do will be to get an external HDD at some point to store all of the PS4 games and leave what little space is on the PS5 exclusively for PS5 games.. when there's something I want to buy for it :heh:

17 hours ago, nekunando said:

Haha.. I did the transfer this afternoon and I think the best thing to do will be to get an external HDD at some point to store all of the PS4 games and leave what little space is on the PS5 exclusively for PS5 games.. when there's something I want to buy for it :heh:

Looks that way, I'll get one later once my wallet recovers a bit. :heh:

I barely play games anymore, I'm hoping to continue travelling next year and there's not really any games I *really* want right now yet I still kind of want a PS5. I think I'm just bored and want to feel included 😋

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I barely play games anymore, I'm hoping to continue travelling next year and there's not really any games I *really* want right now yet I still kind of want a PS5. I think I'm just bored and want to feel included 😋

I just wanted to play Astro and experience the new controller.. :red:

On 12/12/2020 at 2:37 PM, nekunando said:

I just wanted to play Astro and experience the new controller.. :red:

Yeah that's a big temptation too, not going to lie

Starting to get a weird issue with my PS5 where it can’t install some updates to games/apps. First happened with Yakuza 7 (which has now gone over 2 updates not being able to install) and now the Disney+ app update can’t install. Gonna try deleting them both and see what happens but it’s worrying now that it wasn’t just an isolated problem.

It's pretty baffling how they haven't figured out a way of hiding screen grab icons, on other screen grabs (or notifications in general). If you take 3 screenshots succession, the third one will have the icons of the previous two on the image :blank:

I thought they would have finally figured it out with the PS5 but seems not.

• Like 1

Played the first mission of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.

As every year: It's Call of Duty alright :laughing: A spectacle. Interesting how I can enjoy a game like this once in a while but hate those typical action movies.

Anyways, the DualSense's adaptive triggers really shine in this. Pretty amazing how transformative they are.
Game looks nice (PS5 version) but its cross-gen-nature is still obvious.

So far, so good. Haven't dabbled with the multiplayer, yet, but given my best friend got the game as well yesterday (5€...still can't believe it worked; but I continue to be pessimistic and expect Sony to refund the money and revoke the license) it's just a matter of time until I'm back in the game :D

Having my first issues with the console. Last night I could not keep the console connected to my WiFi connection. It was just constantly dropping in and out which meant downloading games and updates just wasn't happening. Checked my router and network as well as other devices but it was only the PS5 causing the issue and throwing up various error codes for downloading. Tried again this morning and it seems to be working but I'm still not getting the full connection speed I should be. I've a 100mb connection and I'm getting half of that with the console in the same room as the router. Was getting as low as 7mb last night but the PS network was showing as active with no issues ::shrug:

I know Sony are still limiting bandwidth with the pandemic on going but whatever was happening last night was ridiculous. I just hope its not a common occurrence what with having a digital console and downloading all my games.

Though this morning, I'm now getting another error which won't let me update Destiny 2. Seems its a relatively common one and one Sony have themselves commented on about how it'll be fixed in a coming software update but from the sounds of it, the only way around the error is to delete and reinstall my games where the error is cropping up.

Had no issues with the hardware until these issues despite quite a few people having crashes with this and that and lock ups. As I say, hopefully they'll get sorted sooner rather than later and these are one off instances as I love the hardware and have been enjoying playing on it but its frustrating when the issues are 100% on Sony's side and not mine.

• Sad 1

Sucks to read your were having those issues @Ganepark32, is it sorted now? 

Had my own issues today with the PS5 when returning to Demon's Souls. Took the disk out the other day to watch a film, put it back in today, press 'Play', and I get the error reading "Can't start game or app. Please delete the game and reinstall.", etc. Didn't even get an error code, and it still showed as being installed in my system storage. 

So got to copy the game over again and wait for the update to install. I know it's a small thing, but still, it takes enough to be in the mood to play this game normally anyways!  ::shrug:

man just wtf why is the ps messages app obsolete now you gotta get ps app from these same ass motherfucjing bitches who split the two just a few years ago its minor but like wtf bro make up your mind you wanna be unified or distributed jeez

So, had my first big issue with the PS5 today.  The right triggers have completely packed in.

UTTlneD.jpg

As you can see, the trigger has a gap which when looking at the left trigger behind shouldn't exist.  Was playing Valhalla, and it went.

Have a spare controller luckily, have sorted a repair on this controller.

• Sad 3

Is it just me or is the battery life on the DualSense even worse than the DS4? :indeed: I can get a couple of hours out of it before it's telling me to recharge, ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Is it just me or is the battery life on the DualSense even worse than the DS4? :indeed: I can get a couple of hours out of it before it's telling me to recharge, ridiculous. 

My DualSense is way better than my DS4, not charging it anywhere near as much as I used to. Not sure how fair it is though as the DS4 was a few years old.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I think it's a case-by-case more than with the DualShock 4, it really depends what you're playing and how much they're using the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

Demon's Souls, for example, I could play for probably 6-8 hours and still have a bar of battery life left. Astro's Playroom on the other hand? Found myself having to swap over to my other controller after 5-6 hours spent on the main story so I could continue with my speedrunning attempts. 

For the most part, I think it's been a decent enough trade-off. Astro's in particular was worth it for me, just the right length compared with the battery life, and the tension in the adaptive triggers in parts of Demon's Souls and Miles Morales was fun too. Though, I am kind of curious to see how a potentially longer Astro's game would hold up by comparison. 

On the other hand, I played a bit of FIFA over Christmas, and that game's battery life consumption is all over the place. The adaptive triggers are extremely random when it comes to what triggers them; sometimes I've held R2 to sprint and had no feedback from them, but then other times it'll just randomly start. I know that it's supposed to come into play when players are tiring, but it rarely works that way, so it also makes the choice to include adaptive trigger functionality completely at odds with some of the game. 

It could be better, and I kind of wish we'd get a PlayStation take on Xbox's Elite line. But it's definitely not as bad as the DualShock V2 I finished my time off with the PS4 on! :laughing:

• Thanks 1