NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well...it was nice having you here. Ashley will ban you now.

He wouldn’t dare!

Was just browsing Amazon and the app went haywire. Now that I've noticed the time, I understand why...

• Haha 1

Browsing twitter, it's not going to help @Julius confidence in Yodel.  But some PS5 orders have been reported from Yodel as missing somewhere in transit.  And a fair few people messaging GAME asking for their delivery fee refunded as they paid for DPD, but were swapped to Yodel's free delivery.

Just arrived back home and...

...it's here! :bouncy:

Going to pack away the PS4, eat lunch and then it's time for the next generation :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbob said:

Browsing twitter, it's not going to help @Julius confidence in Yodel.  But some PS5 orders have been reported from Yodel as missing somewhere in transit.  And a fair few people messaging GAME asking for their delivery fee refunded as they paid for DPD, but were swapped to Yodel's free delivery.

Local tracking is up, so not last in transit at least! Not dismissing that something could still go wrong though... guy's around the Ring Road right around the corner three times, but I'm another 20+ stops away, which is fine, as I'm working anyways!

Projected to be delivered by 16:30, so I'm not expecting it until like 18:00 :p

The terrible part is that I still haven't received an email from Yodel for tracking, so the decision to contact their chat to get it last night looks like it was a good one :smile:

Enjoy those who have had it arrive, and hope delivery goes smoothly for those still waiting! 

Also...

Absolutely insane. Got to imagine most of those are bots...right? 

Edited by Julius

40 minutes ago, Julius said:

Projected to be delivered by 16:30

Fingers crossed :peace:

And there it is:

zWB90jN.jpg

Such a glorious machine :D

Haven't started it, yet, but I've held the DualSense...it feels so good.

Anyways, I'm pressing the power button now, so...see ya later :p

• Like 4

Mines just arrived. Setting it up now. I knew the controller was supposed to be great but even without having tried the haptics yet I'm impressed at the feel.

• Like 2

Mine is here too! Setting it up to download updates while I work. Then tonight, it's game time! 

• Like 2

Anyone seen any good deals about for Plus? I might end up waiting to see if there are any Black Friday deals for that as I haven't personally come across a good price this week. 

Quite surprised how loud the disc drive is actually. Just installed Yakuza 7 and it's definitely noticeable.

Initial impressions are that the controller is incredible. Using it and feeling that haptic feedback and getting used to the adaptive triggers in Astro's Playroom was just such a joy (it also helps that that game is just chock full of charm).  Little things like the feeling of walking over glass, skating on ice and the feeling of the spring suit in Astro feel so immersive and just add that element of texture to playing that I never thought I'd want but couldn't imagine going without now.

Jumped on briefly into The Pathless and the way the tension builds in the triggers for the bow felt great. Likewise for No Man's Sky, where using the mining beam for long periods builds up tension in the triggers as well.

The Dualsense really is a massive step up compared to other controllers and I'm only scratching the surface with it. But for all the talk in the build up to launch, it definitely lives up to it. Its the real deal.

Console wise, I'm still getting to grips with the UI. I'll admit at the moment that it isn't as intuitive as I'd like (there's a few more steps needed to quit out of a game compared to on the PS4 and while its only a small thing, its a small step backwards) and it doesn't feel as smooth to navigate for finding things but that'll iron itself out as I get used to it over time.

I do have a slight issue with how storage works. I've got 6 games installed but I've got nearly 14GB taken up in storage as "Other". Looking at it, it says its for how the system runs games and such but that its dependent on how you use the system. I'm hoping this isn't going to keep building up as I can see that "Other" category for storage taking up a good chunk of the SSD which could be a pain down the line.

But those niggles aside, the console is great. It runs so quietly, a massive improvement over the PS4, the controller is incredible and the quick loading is just brilliant for jumping in to something quickly. I do wish the console wasn't so big but I'll take it for the quiet play. Definitely met and exceeded my expectations. Now to jump back on and try out AC Valhalla and Bugsnax before settling down to watch season 1 of Barry later on.

Got an email from Hermes saying they had received my PS5, it's with the courier and will be delivered today. Six minutes later I get another email from Hermes saying they won't be able to deliver today. :blank:

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Quite surprised how loud the disc drive is actually. Just installed Yakuza 7 and it's definitely noticeable.

Glad to see it does quiet down again after the install and initial launch. Was getting a bit worried there as that was PS4 levels of noise, maybe higher.

Out of reactions for today, so to all who got their PS5 by now: Awesome! And enjoy :D

• Haha 1

Super impressed with this thing so far. I still think it’s ugly but it’s definitely not as bad as the pictures suggest. I wish it was small enough to hide in the TV cabinet but I’m not totally put out by needing to have it on display. The noise is... non-existent? I haven’t heard anything come out of it so far. I guess when I get my hands on some disc based games the drive will make some noise. Definitely a fan of the UI and think it’s a good evolution of what we had on PS4. I’m a bit annoyed that X is select and O is back, but I’m sure eventually I’ll get used to that.

The star of the show though is the DualSense, this thing is a complete leap forward and the most immersive device I’ve ever used. The combination of speaker, rumble and triggers just makes games feel so different to what they’ve been before. I really can’t get over how good it is. I bought DIRT just to see what F1 could be like when it launches on PS5 and while the game is not all that great the controller makes it shine. The rumble adapting to what you’re driving on while the triggers are fighting back at you to different degrees dependent on your grip is really quite something. It adds something to everything I’ve played so far and makes me excited to try more.

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Out of reactions for today, so to all who got their PS5 by now: Awesome! And enjoy :D

1000% where I'm at, and have been for the last few days :laughing: they just randomly pop up every hour and then I burn right through them again!

Despite all of the videos, got to say, I still ended up being surprised at the size of this thing. Monolith. Not that I don't love it, stands tall over its smaller brethren :D

• Like 1

I didn't manage to get one, I thought I had one from John Lewis but it refused to add it to my basket, and then none of the other places I tried ever had stock (at least, I could never see that they had) it's so depressing just hitting refresh every five seconds in the hopes I get lucky.

I'm glad all of you that got them are enjoying it, although I can't deny I'm a little jealous of you! I would say I wish I'd been in the position to put in a pre-order but that seems like it was a pretty stressful process too!

• Sad 2

Mine arrived too - got it delivered to work.  Just home now so adios for the moment.  

• Like 2

May post a bigger topic for it but if folks are moving ps4s to cover ps5 costs I may be facilitating on British shores - a few possibles I know seem to be considering a PS4 atm and it's a ripe market with the PS5 upgrades! Sadly being the gamer hoarder I am not ever likely to move on my personal consoles so my PS4 gets its place in the legacy despite my potential monies on that ting :p