NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Mine is out for delivery! Time to top up my PSN credit and pick up some games.

• Like 1

Thought more units might go up for order at midnight so I checked a few places and the Currys website already had a queue of 20,000 waiting to get on. I think I'm going to have to get very lucky if I'm to get one anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Thought more units might go up for order at midnight so I checked a few places and the Currys website already had a queue of 20,000 waiting to get on. I think I'm going to have to get very lucky if I'm to get one anytime soon.

I think Amazon said their stock would go up at 12pm

19 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I think Amazon said their stock would go up at 12pm

Ah right, thanks. Hopefully other places do theirs at the same time, I would rather not buy from Amazon.

Hope everyone who is getting (and crossing fingers and hoping to get!) their PS5 has an amazing time with it today, nothing beats a launch day 😍🎉🎉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those UK based hoping to snag a console this morning, these look to be the only places that'll have stock today with the times they go live (and I imagine there won't be much to go round):

Good luck to anyone looking to get one. Fingers crossed for you.

I've woken up early to find my console is at the final delivery point as of half 2 this morning, up in Aberdeen. I'm down in Dundee so if that's being delivered from there today, then its going to be a long day waiting. Hopefully its moved on to the local Dundee distribution centre as I really don't want to spend my whole day waiting and listening for the door.

Hope everyone's arrive on time and without bother. And most of all, enjoy next gen gaming everyone.

• Thanks 1

My console is in a distribution center 15 minutes away from my place... :D

I'm off to the lab now. Hope it'll be quick. Then I'll be at work for a while.
But you can be sure: As soon as my flatmate tells me the PS5 has arrived...

giphy.gif

(well...depending on how much work there is to do :p)

• Like 2

Mine has been despatched from Amazon too.  Though it's currently in Leicester and I'm Birmingham-way.  Looks like it'll be an evening drop if it manages to come today.

• Like 2

Mine has switched from arriving tomorrow back to arriving Thursday. It’s the little things Amazon do that fill you with fear that somethings gone wrong 😆 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So, today's the day!

tenor.gif

Tracking info from Yodel last night has the console at my local depot a 20 minute drive away, so delivery today looks to be on - no sign of my window yet, though.

Weirdly still haven't received the email from them for said tracking info, so I'm really glad that I contacted them to get this yesterday...but even then I couldn't manage much sleep last night and woke up a couple of hours ago, and wasn't able to get back to sleep!

Feel like a kid on Christmas :laughing: hope everything goes smoothly with everyone's deliveries, and for those looking to put an order in today!

May your download times be short, your playing sessions long, and your first next gen experiences awesome :peace:

• Like 1

Just checked my delivery again, now set for delivery between 8:30am and 12:30pm. The tracker map shows it as 3 stops away, but those 3 stops have it up in Grampian. Closer to Aberdeen than Dundee but looks like it'll be here before midday :yay::bouncy:

Should be set up and ready to go for the afternoon and I can't wait. Ridiculously excited to play on the thing, especially as this'll be the first time I've picked up a PlayStation at launch.

• Like 3

Mine is here! Just one more meeting and a little bit to finish up for the day and its playtime!

• Like 5

Well, John Lewis came through and I managed to nab a PS5 for delivery tomorrow! :D 

Exciting. Looking forward to reading all your thoughts who get them today! 

• Like 2

Delivered about 15 minutes ago:

Just got it put of the box and oh boy, is it big. Its bigger than I thought and where I was going to put it, well it won't fit. Waiting on a new TV unit but I'll make do with putting it somewhere just now. Dualsense feels nice in hand though. Really sturdy, quite wide but nicely built. A lot better than the Dualshock 4 that came with the PS4 launch consoles that's for sure.

Away to get it all updated and start downloading but yay!!! :yay: Next gen begins now.

Enjoy everyone when yours arrives.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The excitement :D 

Enjoy :peace: 

A couple of my mates are trying to order a PS5 through various sites in Germany. It's difficult, to say the least. :laughing: 

Had the most awkward interaction with a work colleague who has two PS5's and was boasting about she was going to sell them off for plenty of profit. Scalper's :(

Congrats to those that have one of these brilliant machines! Looks epic.

• Angry 2

Still at work, finishing up some stuff.
Will be ready to get home in an hour or two.

The PS5 isn't there, yet, so I'm fine for now :D 

Good news: Don't have to be in the lab tomorrow. I can play all night :peace: 

Also got some weird looks at work when I told them why I took a day off tomorrow ::shrug: 

Edited by drahkon

56 minutes ago, Ashley said:

When did you get a beard?

I think I started to let it grow around the start of the year and have been leaving it to get longer and longer throughout the year.

Loving the PS5 so far, completely silent and so fast loading between games. Only really played SpiderMan so far and the opening section of the game was great. Controller is the best one I’ve ever used and look forward to seeing it exploited more. The triggers and rumble are everything I hoped for.

I tried a bit of Bugsnax too, it’s terrible but I will probably give it one more quick go.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Will said:

I tried a bit of Bugsnax too, it’s terrible

Well...it was nice having you here. Ashley will ban you now.

• Haha 2