NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

tenor.gif

Just woke up to my dispatch confirmation too, should apparently get an email or text with my 2 hour delivery window tomorrow! 

Next 36 hours are going to be crazy, hope everything goes smoothly for everyone! We're nearly there! :bouncy:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

I’ve been charged for it! Woohoo! Very happy I’ll be there on the first day.

• Like 2

My accounts been charged this morning too :bouncy: should get a dispatch email from Amazon later today but looks like I'll definitely be here tomorrow yay!!!

Amazon seem to do 2 delivery windows up my area, one up to about midday and then from midday onwards. I can only hope for an early delivery but really it could come at any point up. Still very happy that it'll be here tomorrow and can't wait to get my hands on the Dualsense and see what its all about with Astro, Bugsnax, AC Valhalla and The Pathless.

• Like 3

I also just got told that my copies of AC and Watchdogs are waiting for me in the office. Either need to pick them up or arrange for a courier to get them for me. Now I’m definitely getting excited!

This is super cool!

But the flex is unreal :laughing:

So much for the console war being over I guess :p

Keep finding myself checking my emails every few minutes, despite knowing full well it'd be a surprise for the tracking info to be sent before this evening. But still, so close! 

• Like 1

Got my dispatch email from Amazon at about 2:30 in the morning. Very exciting! 

Actually hoping it doesn't turn up too early tomorrow, don't want it staring at me all day while I work. Then I've got a three day weekend to enjoy it! 

• Like 2

So, Yodel is trending on Twitter in the UK now that a fair number of GAME and Very customers have cottoned on to the fact that has had me concerned for the last week :laughing:

EnHAnGNXIAQDqlY?format=jpg&name=medium

I've made peace with it for the most part, though I'm still annoyed at GAME for their blunder. I didn't see any issues with Yodel when shipping the Series X | S for Very last week, so fingers crossed! Also seen a couple of Amazon UK orders ending up with Hermes? Hopefully those here who ordered with them ended up with Logistics! :peace:

What's everyone's plans for launch day/weekend? What are you all planning to play? And do any of you have a priority list of games to install? 

Edited by Julius

Still no despatch email from Amazon for me either.  And after last week's Xbox Series X fiasco, I'm not holding much hope out for getting it tomorrow.

• Sad 1

Just got my Amazon despatch email confirming it has been sent and will be with me on Friday. Looking forward to the weekend!

• Like 2

@Happenstance @V. Amoleo hopefully you guys hear something sooner rather than later! I don't normally receive my dispatch confirmation from Amazon until late in the evening/early hours of the morning, and don't think I've had anything arrive late from then when that's happened (in fact, weirdly, my earlier dispatch emails are the closer calls!). 

Fingers crossed for you both that you hear back soon and it all goes smoothly :peace:

• Thanks 1

Interestingly the delivery company Amazon have used here are estimating delivery as early as tomorrow for mine. Fingers crossed I get it early.

4 hours ago, Julius said:

What's everyone's plans for launch day/weekend?

Depends on whether I have to be at the lab on Friday...

If I have to, I'll most likely have to work long tomorrow, too. Then it's probably just a matter of quickly setting it up, playing for an hour and going to bed :D
If I can stay at home, I'll take my time to set it up and pull and all-nighter :p

For the rest of the weekend: Will visit my family from Friday evening 'til Saturday noon. Then it's PS5 all the way until Sunday night (NFL, baby!).

What will I play? Astro's Playroom. Don't have any other next-gen game available, sadly. But I will get one in December :D

• Thanks 1

ILQjTsY_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

giphy.gif

Just got to be positive. It will arrive tomorrow. I am speed.

Best case? It turns up tomorrow, which would be the awesome and ideal scenario. Worst case? Guess I can watch some TV and finish catching up on my Gaming Diary, it should be here on Friday.

We're in the middle of a pandemic. It sucks, but I can wait another day. ::shrug: (probably)

That being said, if it doesn't arrive on Friday...

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Depends on whether I have to be at the lab on Friday...

If I have to, I'll most likely have to work long tomorrow, too. Then it's probably just a matter of quickly setting it up, playing for an hour and going to bed :D
If I can stay at home, I'll take my time to set it up and pull and all-nighter :p

For the rest of the weekend: Will visit my family from Friday evening 'til Saturday noon. Then it's PS5 all the way until Sunday night (NFL, baby!).

What will I play? Astro's Playroom. Don't have any other next-gen game available, sadly. But I will get one in December :D

Sounds like an awesome plan for the weekend! Fingers crossed there's no need for you to go to the lab on Friday and you can just inhale and exhale the fumes of next gen! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Julius said:

So, Yodel is trending on Twitter in the UK now that a fair number of GAME and Very customers have cottoned on to the fact that has had me concerned for the last week :laughing:

EnHAnGNXIAQDqlY?format=jpg&name=medium

I've made peace with it for the most part, though I'm still annoyed at GAME for their blunder. I didn't see any issues with Yodel when shipping the Series X | S for Very last week, so fingers crossed! Also seen a couple of Amazon UK orders ending up with Hermes? Hopefully those here who ordered with them ended up with Logistics! :peace:

What's everyone's plans for launch day/weekend? What are you all planning to play? And do any of you have a priority list of games to install? 

Add Hermes to that as well.

Plans for launch weekend.  Probably a combination of Astro and Miles Morales, Miles installing whilst playing Astro of course.  Games i plan to install straight away, Destiny 2 is one of them as well as GT Sport.  Would have left both on the external SSD, but have heard of some possible issues with using external drives at the moment and i don't want to risk it at present.  Once i can, i'll be playing my PS4 games from the drive.

1 hour ago, Julius said:
ILQjTsY_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Oh man...they've really stitched you up. I guess the worst that happens is you get it a day later. Still, not great from them.

Edited by Sheikah

Just now, Sheikah said:

Oh man...they've really stitched you up. I guess the worst that happens is you get it a day later. Still, not great from them.

Yeah, so long as it doesn't come too late on Friday which I have booked off, it'll be fine.

I actually reached out to Yodel's webchat just before they closed about half an hour ago and got my tracking number before they'd send the email (which I still haven't received), and my tracking is still saying that it should be arriving tomorrow, requires a signature, and that I should get a 2 hour delivery window at some point. So, fingers crossed! :peace:

...but yeah. Not going to be using GAME again after this, that's for sure! :p

31 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Add Hermes to that as well.

Plans for launch weekend.  Probably a combination of Astro and Miles Morales, Miles installing whilst playing Astro of course.  Games i plan to install straight away, Destiny 2 is one of them as well as GT Sport.  Would have left both on the external SSD, but have heard of some possible issues with using external drives at the moment and i don't want to risk it at present.  Once i can, i'll be playing my PS4 games from the drive.

Yeah, yikes. How is it that two completely panned delivery couriers are not only doing well, but flourishing? Crazy. 

Sounds like a great plan! Yeah, I was thinking of getting a an external hard drive for transfer of my PS4 games, but after everything that happened last week, think I'll be leaving it for now!

For me, I have a cheat sheet ready for whenever it turns up: WiFi password, games to install, order of priority to install them in, etc. Going to start with the larger digital games after I have Miles Morales and Demon's Souls installed I think, and some of the apps which might not already be on there too, like Funimation and Crunchyroll. Also have made sure today that my spare DualSense and headphones are fully charged, and I've got those, my pile of games to install, and my trusty package-opening Swiss Army Knife all on my living room table ready to go. 

Ideally the console would arrive during my shift tomorrow and I could spend my lunch setting it up and getting installs going, but I'll just be grateful if it arrives tomorrow at this point! 

That's not cool from Game. Fingers crossed for you, @Julius!

I think I'll start with Astro's Playroom to test the new controller, and then I've got Spider-Man to dig into. Need to go through the original game first before Miles Morales so hopefully the remaster feels suitably next-gen! 

At my parents' house at the mo so hopefully I can kick them off their 4K TV for enough of the weekend. 

Need to re-sub to PS+, so will then download a few of the new collection (got an urge to play TLOU again soon before picking up the sequel eventually, having not played it since the PS3 original). Too many games! 

Oh, and Bugsnax, obviously. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Julius said:

What's everyone's plans for launch day/weekend?

What are you all planning to play? 

Sit and cry knowing that you are all playing Astro's Playroom and i'm not.

Yakuza 3. :p 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

My PS4 is initializing. In two hours it'll be ready to be packed away...

:(

I'm not doing that with mine...yet. You know, just in case the next couple of days don't go, uhhhhhh, "ideally" :laughing: once it's arrived though, looking forward to clearing it out at some point over the weekend and then setting it up to hand it off to my brother next week with the games he wants to borrow first installed :peace:

End of an era, though! Just realised it's been almost 5 years to the day since I got my PS4 back in 2015, bundled with Battlefront. How time flies!

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sit and cry knowing that you are all playing Astro's Playroom and i'm not.

Yakuza 3. :p 

The true next gen experience! :p 

• Like 1